The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

They can get pretty particular about how things look in the game, though. The decision to color lock parts of the Shim'Tar gear and also color lock some of the materials came from them wanting those items to look as good as possible.

It's entirely possible that directives from DC might come into play as well, but from what I've seen they do care about things looking good, so hairstyles clipping like you suggested might not pass their standards. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, mind you, just that it might not happen.
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Was messing around trying to take action pics on my electric toon and thought these looked really cool.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Like said, it was in the thread about how the wings are 'wonky' (when you enter flight mode, they 'slip' so they are not straight), also showed how originally the left leg was bent, whereas now it's the right leg (or the other way around, either way, the leg that is bent now was not the leg that was bent originally), and it was a full size screenshot image
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, that was explained well enough, hadn't quite understood that it's an actual Material type rather than just a fancy colouring (haven't managed to get any Material for any character, and probably never will)
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Also, please, don't put them on the MarketPlace either, EQ2 has a PlayerStudio that has had some wonderful designs, but can't get them :(
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It's... not the chest that is making everything small, Batgirl isn't that tall and you don't even come up to her bust :p
    Perfect 'Mini-Batgirl' :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

[IMG]

Didn't get enough usable footage from this fight but I like this shot.
    The Beyond suit is my favourite thing in DCUO at the moment.
    • Like x 6
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

This made me remember just how ugly Penguin really is lol
    • Like x 2
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, they made him too pretty on "Gotham", they did keep the slimy creep vibe though
  11. Megzilla Developer

Mostly true, though I am pushing for player-requested gear (from what I've seen in the suggestion thread) to put in Marketplace instead of TC. We'll see once we actually have stuff pushed through the pipeline. It's a project I'm working on in parallel to regular content work so it's a bit slow going right now.
    • Like x 6
  12. Megzilla Developer

I'll add it to my list. I'm glad a lot of people like the AF3 designs :) They're some of my faves!
    • Like x 5
  13. Megzilla Developer

I just took a look at the emblem.. and it's technically the same size as everything else. I think it's because the border of it is taking up quite a bit of space on our texture so it makes the bat look small. :(
  14. Megzilla Developer

We were all super excited about the Beyond suit, I'm hoping we can keep pushing the envelope on our upcoming suits. :)
    • Like x 6
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Compared to Batgirls emblem, it's tiny (not counting the size of the mini-Batgirl)
    • Like x 1
  16. Megzilla Developer

Hers is probably built into her suit (not an emblem)
    • Like x 4
  17. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

also when it comes to the batman rebirth emblem its so tiny,mabye you could ask them to make it bigger? :) Just wondering though
  18. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

Haven't had the thing off since day 1. I should probably put it in for a wash. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  19. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I whent agains the stream and whent mental so I created this,my mentalbat style
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 10
  20. Megzilla Developer

I can tweak it to hit the edges of our texture but I don't think it'll be a noticeable difference. I think it's an optical illusion with the outline.. but it's virtually the same width as any other emblem.

EDIT: I had like a couple pixels on each side to enlarge it.. I don't think you'll notice the difference lol. But I did what I could!
    • Like x 2