OLD RAIDS UNBALANCEDS

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Exeus, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Exeus New Player

After the Revamp, ALL the old raids (T7, T6, T5 ...) are unbalanced, do not match the requested CR with the difficulty of the Bosses.

An example: Hall of Hades.
    Suggested CR: 106.
    Reality: In a group with 4 T8 (200+) we could not finish it. The rest were CR 110, 120, and it was impossible to close it. Do this test: Join 8 characters from CR 106 and TRY to go through HOH.

The unbalance does not end in HOH, in ALL raids it is necessary to have 3 or more CR200+ to pass. Pay attention to this.

Thank you.
    • Like x 4
  2. Kestral Committed Player

The older tiers were not well tested before the revamp went live so I don't doubt at all that they are still unbalanced. However, other than the CR of the group it would be helpful to know if they had an average SP for their level because that would also affect the Raid difficulty. (Average SP being: SP at least equal to their CR if not higher)
    • Like x 2
  3. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Don't hold your breath.
  4. Exeus New Player

This is not the point, have CR, have SP. The point is that it is too difficult to pass these Raids ... it takes 4 or more T8 characters to make a Raid T6 !!!
    I've been with a character for 1 week trying to make HOH and NGN, in 15 attempts there were 15 failed groups. This would take away the motivation completely from new players, getting stagnant. But I'm giving this tip to the developers to review the old Raids and try to finish HoH or NGN with 8 CR105 characters with SP 105 as well. I doubt I'll conclude.
    • Like x 1
  5. DemiGodRick Active Player

HoH NgN :/ what cr dc at again? idk what the highest sp no one has an excuse dc literally tosses them around of-course you gotta pay if u dont wanna wait months before getting something cough cough tc. any way before i left dc game was still easy just abit longer nothing to difficult for the casual tier player who knows his power. the difficulty comes from the players who dont know there power example new players. if they at hoh they not new they just buns or skipped through every other past content that should have posse far more of a chall for there cr . i doubt players take their time to learn anything anymore except asking someone else for a "op loadout".
    • Like x 1
  6. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Ran DWF on live tonight, we didn't have the greatest or most knowledgeable group (myself included).....

it ended badly lol. Definitely putting it on my to-do-list now. Is there any video of it post-revamp out there? Not my run, someone elses lol.
  7. supp1238 New Player

Try running Unholy Matrimony with the suggested cr, i tried it with mostly cr 186 and up and we couldn't make it, and hall of hades is another good example, we spent more than 2 hours trying to make it i was the only low cr guy there the rest were cr150 and up mostly 170 and 200 cr guys, when we reached forge master that's it one shot for everyone
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

even before revamp raids like Unholy Matrimony were not able to be accomplish at suggested cr as i can remember... the problem is not new at all.. i dont know why they dont intend to adjust anything in this game.
  9. Tilz Loyal Player

I'm not saying lower tier content is balanced or anything like that.
    But with a cr 186+ group you should easily beat HoH and UM.

The thing in those 2 raids are the mechanics in there. I ran older raids on a more or less regular basis with some lfg groups and the cr is pretty much mixed up.
    When high cr ppl ignore all of those mechanics then you really can't beat the raids.
    I agree that some stuff like AoE damage can hit you pretty hard at any cr, but you need to be aware of that.
    BN is also a great example ;)
    • Like x 2
  10. The Valor Well-Known Player

Kahndaq is a complete struggle especially the area with the water keepers it's really frustrating for the lower tiers I often find myself just saying screw it and logging into my CR 205 to help them out.
    • Like x 3
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

you can have a full group of minimal CR's,
    or you can have a full group of cr200+'s,
    it doesn't matter if noone pays attention...
    to do the MECHANIX, thats why ppl FAIL.
    the times of "pew, pew, pew" are over. iMO
    • Like x 4
  12. RLManuel Committed Player

I joined a walk in group that was stuck at the rocks, they had one healer two low lvl dps and a 185 dps. They had problems with burn, I joined and in 17 mins we were done with the raid.
    I’ve had no problems with content being to hard, I’d love it if they brought old raids up to endgame with new styles
    • Like x 2
  13. The Valor Well-Known Player

It would be cool to see the old raids with the latest CR difficulty maybe throw in some new twist and mechanics along with new rewards. Those water keepers at least to me their health just feel like too much to burn for T2 and crowd control to stun em doesn't seem to last long before they're back up and begin to be immune to your effects for a short spell.
    • Like x 1
  14. HARDL1GHT AC3 New Player

know what cha mean there i feel the same way i'll rock one of those old school raids and like damn see those lowbie struggle hurts me soul
  15. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Many players during the t4 lull were sitting around 110-120 SP going into T5 when released. This was also back before CR relevancy as well.

May be reaching, but my guess is that the Devs went back to the formula to make stats matter. Therefore, and I am guessing they set hidden minimum SP requirements:

T4 SP-110
    T5 SP- 120
    T6 SP- 135
    T7 SP- 190
    T8 SP-200

I wouldn't hold too much value in reading CR levels any longer.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Fixed minimums to reflect 1st releases for each tier.
  17. Exeus New Player

Who here speaks that it is lack of SP is wrong!
    I make T6 Alerts with NO PROBLEMS, but T6 RAID like HoH, it's impossible.
    To the bullies challenge: MAKE A GROUP OF SP = 135, and go do HOH ... please ... THEN come back and give moral lesson.
    I am SAYING some RAIDS like HoH and Paradox Wave, WERE NOT REVISED.
    I know that for the EGO of many, and VANITY of others, it is easier to say that the SP of the players are not enough. I SAY again that is not it.
    So why did I post this? TO ALERT developers to review some old Raids. And if you do not believe me for the last time, listen less to the bullies, and TEST HoH (CR 106) or PW (CR 90) with SP 135 players, and CHALLENGE to end these raids.
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

It's not just the Raids, Duos and Alerts need attention as well. 3 Months out from the Revamp and it's a Mess!
    • Like x 1
  19. Vanessa33335 Level 30

Sad to say but i think they do not really care about it because if they did, they would've done something already. months has passed since the revamp that ruined the game for most players and so far all they've done was small changes and modifications that DIDN'T REALLY CHANGED ANYTHING AT ALL(sorry about caps).

I don't really play the game anymore and I'm sure most players quit too, untill they do something that REAL WORKS to bring back all players that quit instead keep releasing new episodes and stuff I'm done with DC Universe. Better they do that quickly before is too late.
  20. Hempkrete Active Player

Idk what to say. Couple weeks ago I went in Brainiac Bottle Ship with people with mixed cr, lowest cr was my alt. 157 if I remember. Rest of the group were above 190. At the room where you need to activate both consoles at same time, just before final boss, guy didn't know mechanics and activated console before time and we wiped two times. Whole group left and I was alone in the raid. I shouted for 15 mins, and I invited 7 people with max cr 159. We finished last boss on first attempt. Week before that I played with some league, all were below 160CR and we completed all parts smoothly until last boss. There we wiped few times cause people didn't know the mechanics. I explained them and we completed it at 5th try without problems.
    On the other side I was in groups in Happiness Home, with most people cr 170-200, excluding myself, I was on alt 120, 130 and sometimes it was impossible to complete. I tested HoH, LOLS, ToD with people in that CR range and there were no problems. 4 raids that I found hard to complete were Happiness Home, Darkseid's War Factory, Prime Battleground and Bombshell Paradox (last boss). In Bombshell Paradox I've seen full group 190+ wiping over and over . All different people, multiple runs.
    It's hard to say if it's balance or players cause I always played with randoms.
    • Like x 1