The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's not that some don't like Photobucket...they recently changed their policies, and if you want use their services to post photos to other websites it'll cost you.
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's already been explained before, the tech doesn't allow for that which is why it wasn't done that way from the start. I can't find the first post mentions this (the search engine in here sucks)...but trust me, you're not even the 100th person to ask this question.
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That's fairly much why some people don't like it: being charged to actually post your images elsewhere

Haven't tried it in ages but didn't have a problem with Haasts image being posted in the "wings are wonky" thread (not the name of the thread by the way, just the basic subject of the thread :p) not that long ago
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

He might be paying their fee. And considering that there are plenty of sites that don't charge, it is fair for people to be upset with photobucket.
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Okay, just seems strange that it can cover the entire piece, but not individual parts like the colouring does, but not a techie so will abide by those who know more
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Completely understand why people would be upset, but don't believe was charged for posting Haasts image
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

When did you post that image? How large was it? It could be a case of getting charged if it gets up to a certain size/bandwith usage.
  8. RLManuel Committed Player

Can we get the op styles, like the kyrptonian milita helm and darkseids chest piece added to the rare vender?
    • Like x 2
  9. Megzilla Developer

They don't, unfortunately. Materials are more complicated than a simple color channel. I wish I could explain it, but it's a lot of technical jargon I'm personally not familiar with. Our system just isn't built to support it unfortunately. In order to get beautiful materials we need to lock it so they're built into the gear.. and can't be changed by players (like the Shim'tar gear)
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

hope we will see more awesome styles like shim'tar! however:
    please: put a nice style not in the TC... just for once, ok? ^^'
    and also not for 300$ in the time and space vendor (overkill)
  11. Megzilla Developer

Yes, been discussing putting player-requested styles somewhere other than in TC. The discussion is in its infancy so I can't provide any more info right now.
    • Like x 6
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

<3 <3 <3
    • Like x 1
  13. Korlick Loyal Player

Dark Luigi, ive been using this style for a while now
    [IMG]

And this is the most recent:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 12
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Try under the sofa cushions. I'm always finding things there.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Thank you.
    Although I know a DCUO style that could improve it, the almighty Zeus beard.. If you can consider implementing it in the future I'd be grateful for it :)

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Megzilla is in the art department (and doing a great job there btw). She has no control over where these items wind up (TCs or in-game or whatever)....so you're pleading with the wrong person. At best, she can get them to agree to make these items at all.
    • Like x 1
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Really wish this emblem was a lot bigger. Wearing the stalwart chest which makes the emblems bigger but its still tiny here :(
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

YEAH!!! krampus beard is the only way to have a beard, but...
    well, the face is that of krampus then... we need more beards ^^
    • Like x 3
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Odd, I thought the emblem enlargement with the Stalwart Defender chest only happened with male characters. It never seemed like any emblems I use on female characters got larger when I switched to the Stalwart Defender chest, anyhow.

Great look though. :)
  20. KratTheDefiler Well-Known Player

You know what could be more simple with certain hair styles that have been requested forever like pony tails for men? Making them head pieces and not hair styles. Allow them to clip with the other hair styles to create different looks. Basically like a wig or extensions.