The Witching Hour 2017 Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ShazamFanatic2017, Oct 15, 2017.

1. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Here we can discuss the base items for the The Witching Hour 2017 Halloween
    seasonal event. We can also discuss the styles that the devs added, if any.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What is there to discuss?
    • Like x 2
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Base items are too expensive and seasonal events have become complete jokes and you are better off buying the seasonal marks than actually doing the content.
    • Like x 3
  4. Aquajet Well-Known Player

Incorrect. Buying seasonal marks are precisely why prices have shot up. If you buy seasonal marks, then YOU are the problem and the reason they suck now.
    • Like x 2
  5. Backblock Well-Known Player

There's a discussion thread somewhere else.
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The event ends in 16 or (somewhere around there) days.

There's literally nothing noteworthy outside of the fog and spotlights.

Sorry to rain on your parade OP, but you made this thread far too late.
    • Like x 2
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Exactly. They have raised the prices of items to encourage players to buy the currency from the MP. Add a long grind to whats supposed to be a fun seasonal event in hopes that players will give up on doing the grind and instead buy the currency. Its so obvious stevie wonder can see whats going on :p

Also this event was on test for about 10 days and went live on the 29th of sept iirc. So its been live 2.5 weeks and almost a month combined with being on test. Its been discussed at length already so im not really sure whats left to say about the event.
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Still the only seasonal I don't care for. Along with the St. Patrick's one.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shadow Force Committed Player

i just bought all the expensive stuff and with marks bought from marketplace rather than doing the content its really boring for me and because
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

Pros:
    - Styles and base items
    - Isis

Cons:
    - Keet'l not giving gifts likes Isis
    - That Aura in the Gift
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

And the trees.

And the Arkham stuff too, minus the hand grave thing.
  12. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

This is slightly off topic from the OP, but this Is the Witching Hour thread:

It's amazing how people still don't get the event mechanics, after all this time. Perhaps the majority are new players?
    I'm running the event each day on four toons, because I want cats.
    Apart from a very few exceptions, it is me who does the vase in the last part of the boss fight. I think less than half a dozen times out of all those runs so far someone else has picked it up. A couple of those times they didn't get how it worked, and threw it eventually, so I then picked it up.
    I'm not racing to get it or anything; no-one else seems to be aware that it is necessary. Even though it's announced in big letters.
    It's funny coz usually they race to activate every node.
    The other day I got to carry all four crystals!! and then the vase.
  13. VariableFire Loyal Player

Depending on the composition of your group, it may very well be not necessary to use the Ghost Vacuum. Just had a few runs today where we just kept wailing on Klarion until the final crystal popped. No wipes or even ko's.

That said, those ghost minions are a real pain in the butt this year. You approach them with the vacuum and they tend to fly away, making you chase them around the room if you want to get rid of them. Then again, it's not really necessary to get rid of them since if you pick up the vacuum and just stand by your team most of the ghosts fly to the corners and don't even try to attack you. In addition, quite a few quantum/electric/nature, etc etc loadouts have stuns....stuns that protect the ghosts from the vacuum. Once or twice, I've thrown the vacuum away out of frustration since the ghosts seemingly couldn't be eliminated (they can, you just have to stand there the entire time waiting for the 1 second they're not stunned).
    • Like x 1
  14. OhSicks Well-Known Player

The best position is to get Klarion to the spot where the crystals pop with his back against the wall and then 3 toons DPS him and the player with the vase sitting behind them just keeping the ghosts at bay.
    • Like x 1
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea ive done multiple runs where no one uses the jar thingamabobber. If ya have some good dps u can simply burn it all quick. Electric seems to do very well in there ;)
  16. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

They can be very annoying. I think it helps to just keep the immediate area around Klarion clear. The other players can concentrate on finishing him off without getting thrown around.
  17. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

yes.
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

It's faster with a good troll. Debuff his shield for a quick take down.
    • Like x 1