Been gone awhile and have some questions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DcPlayer313, Oct 13, 2017.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not quite as literally as you state. There are some steps in between. And to be honest, how much progression does it count for when there are people in these forums screaming stats don't matter everyday??? That tells me that the few skill points you get out of the TCs is not the big deal the haters are making it out to be. But go ahead and sound the trumpet for p2w which doesn't really win you much.
    • Like x 3
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well you asked about the money aspect of it, so I find it odd that it's not a main concern now according to this response.

I don't know what you mean about the sabotaging of instances. It's not something i've encountered, and I can't recall seeing any threads about it. The community's toxicity is not something that can be engineered out....and has unfortunately stayed the same. That's what the ignore function is there for. There is no overpowering of anything in lower content anymore, so if that was a concern, you can put that one away.
    • Like x 1
  3. Surtur Well-Known Player

If you quit & uninstalled the game, then why are you still posting in the forums?
    The one question that I have is.......
    Why would anyone that is employed by DCUO continue to let you spread negativity about a game that you supposedly quit & uninstalled?

As an employer and a small business operator.

That would be counter-intuitive ( counterproductive ) to me and would justify disciplinary actions against the offender and the ones letting this type of behavior exist. Neither are good for the future of DCUO.
    But hey............. that's my opinion and opinions are like A-holes. We all have them.
  4. Surtur Well-Known Player

In all honestly.........DCUO has never been pay to win considering that the goal is to beat instances as a group.
    • Like x 1
  5. Surtur Well-Known Player

Nope, not since they added them so that free players can acquire them. You can grind for them.
  6. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

Hi, I'm planning on returning for a bit. How's faction balance? Can I get stuff done on villian side?
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Well I quit (didn't uninstall though) but I continue to roam around the forums for several reasons.

1. In case something/an announcement is made to bring me back.

2. Give my opinion on where things went wrong, also checking different sub forums such as the League one etc.

3. Been a part of these forums for a while and I don't wanna "quit" it just yet. Also made some friends.

I'm currently thinking of coming back to the game right now. I'll be subbing most likely in November (or just buying the DLC) just to try it out. If it's a hit then I'll probably stay. If it's a miss then I'll be uninstalling most likely.
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Didn't know they did that.
  9. Surtur Well-Known Player

Yes, I took a mandatory week vacation for complaining about them when they first came out. After they added them to TC's which anyone can grind for if they choose to do so. I am ok with them now. As long as free or premium players can grind for and run everything within a game that is advertised as a free game I have no issues. I'm kind of a stickler for honesty, being fair, being straight forward ( no BS or beating around the bushes ) and truth in advertising.
    • Like x 1
  10. Surtur Well-Known Player

That is where the devs have to do their J.O.B. Not everyone that quits is always negative but........ You're not always negative either.

If I point out bad calculation or other goof I think should have never seen the light of day. This is something I think of when I do decide to say something.

As and employer :
    Would you want your employees saying the product your sucks??
    That is what they are doing by letting this happen

Would you want employees that could give a rats backside about cancerous feedback that could have negative effects to the bottom line?

Would you want employees working for you that do not believe in your product?

What would you think???
    if you has a salesman say ...
    This product sucks. Do you want to buy our crappy product?
  11. Surtur Well-Known Player

Hero side is better ( faster ).
  12. DcPlayer313 Committed Player

I thought they merged the heroes and villains during instances? I don't think it matters anymore which side you choose as far as advancing.
  13. DcPlayer313 Committed Player

Appreciate this response.
  14. Surtur Well-Known Player

Not all of the instances have been set to Q up together. You can tell by the crosshair symbol if they are or not.
    • Like x 1
  15. DcPlayer313 Committed Player

Thanks.
  16. Mazahs Loyal Player

You're not getting it. The difference is usually larger now than pre-revamp.
    Just because the overall #'s are now smaller, the difference is actually larger in many cases but most people don't see that

I've shown this a few times, but take this example in ROTB that I ran last night:
    14.5 min run so pretty easy 1 heal dps set-up with 3 other players I've known for a LONG time
    Me 4.1 , #2 had 3.2 , #3 had 2.6 (rounded #'s) We all hit switches, all were at 209+ and modded and nobody was jumping ahead.

Powers were Light / Light / Quantum. So here's the difference in damage out:

me vs #2 = 22% more Quantum DPS
    me vs #3 = 36.6 % more Light DPS

The difference? I use LWS - Whips (p) whips (c) clip LW (p) spin x4 LW (c) clip Whips (p) for melee and they used Chainsaw melee combo . When we faced the Robot I did double ST combo using GH and HC single target combo, while they used simple PI + HC combo. Now tell me how how doing almost 37% more damage isn't THAT big of a difference?

I can do the same thing with Electricity vs another Electric player and it's gonna be about the same. It's not because I'm some super bad@*** player! It's because I knew some of the best Light and Electric players in game and we spent weeks figuring out different loadouts.

As I said, one rotation ALWAYS has and ALWAYS will reign supreme-
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It's not the fact that "Most people don't see it"

It's the fact that people don't care, as long as you do enough DPS to complete the mission your in and get done with it; most people wont' care about using an "Optimal" rotation.

You can keep trying to say that it will always reign supreme, but that doesn't mean everyone will go around using it.

Also: 37% DPS difference is nothing compared to what we had in the AM era, the AM era was far more limiting and punishing; if you didn't use the AM; you simply weren't going to stick around as a DPS.

Like I said.. If you want to play CopyCat these days, more power to you lol.

The fact that you're claiming that"Most People" Don't see that One Rotation Reigns Supreme, clearly means it just shows most people don't care about being the uber OP dps.

Ty for proving my point.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

It's the fact that people don't care, as long as you do enough DPS to complete the mission your in and get done with it; most people wont' care about using an "Optimal" rotation. Agreed

You can keep trying to say that it will always reign supreme, 1 specific loadout and rotation always has / always will.
    but that doesn't mean everyone will go around using it. Agreed < although this does tie into your first part about finishing (somewhat)

the AM era was far more limiting and punishing; if you didn't use the AM; you simply weren't going to stick around as a DPS. This statement is so true,

Also: 37% DPS difference is nothing compared to what we had in the AM era,
    This part is SO wrong, and my biggest issue with people saying the damage comparison is so much better. Because of the reduced numbers theis is why I say most don't see it...it's smoke and mirrors. Look at last raids before update. Lets say #2 DPS did 25 million in damage. That 37% you say isn't that much would put top DPS at 39.6 million out it's 14.6 million difference?

Lastly, what's up with the snark? Seriously... Ty for proving my point.
    Your response did have some validity to it, I was just explaining my side and thoughts on it. Should you want to have an adult conversation please feel free.
  19. Ringz Dedicated Player

Is it true or is it false?

Is that salesman helping me in the long run or sun shining me?
  20. Surtur Well-Known Player