***SPOILER*** CONTENT AND COSTUME IDEAS ***SPOILER***

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vesper, Oct 4, 2017.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

• Like x 1
  2. Skandov Well-Known Player

I very much agree with this statement, but we gotta remember that it's all preference and as said earlier, apparently a lot of players want casual styles, so we just have to respect that.
    • Like x 1
  3. David Ivanenko Committed Player

I another MMORPG I play, people pay real money for a "Bonding Ceremony" (or something like that, it's a wedding). You get a mount and a suit or dress depending on your character's gender. And believe me, lots of people pay for those (not me though), there's even a huge thread in their forums with people looking for characters to "bond" with, so there's indeed a market for that kind of content/styles.

Saying people are playing the game for "the wrong reasons" seems "selfrightious" or opinionated (can't think of the proper word at the moment); people play this game for a lot of different reasons: To compete, base decoration, role playing, socialize, pew-pew at stuff and min/max stats, etc.
    The more variety of content (including styles, base items, seasonals, instances, etc) the more players the game will cater to and attract, making it more populated hence bringing more money into it.

There's a lot of content I don't play in this game (Legends PvE, PvP, SM, and some Elite raids) but that's my decision, and not one I wouldn't like others to have. Of course there are styles and content that I'd love to see added to the game, but not at the expense of content that other people would enjoy or have requested for a long time.

So, for me I'd like a real tuxedo and a wedding dress along with some other casual styles. I don't like my characters looking like robots (or a washing machine/dryer combo), wearing bulky metallic stuff or feel like I'm playing Spandex Universe Online.

TL;DR:
    The more variety of styles and content, the more players and more money the game would make, so I also say yes to the dress.
    • Like x 2
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

What's there to spoil?

• Like x 1
  5. NightwingsBeyond Well-Known Player

please add me as you're friend so i can enter you're base
    name in game : Nightwings Beyond
  6. Swamarian Committed Player

Yup. When City of Heroes died, a lot of people compared DC vs Champions based on their character designers. Housing's now apparently a major selling point of Wildstar. Playing dress up's also a big thing in STO (where it's called playing Space Barbie).
    In DCUO, I've bought the tights and the butterfly wings/jet engines. Both within a week of them being released.
    • Like x 1
  7. Megzilla Developer

I've seen it requested internally and externally. I think these non-content related items would either by MP or event. Not sure.
    • Like x 3
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

...I'd probably pay for this. I'd make the husband log in to do this with me.
    • Like x 2
  9. NightwingsBeyond Well-Known Player

LordQuantum please give me access to your base and all so activate the VERSUS chat please i have seen you when you log in send message but you did not replay
  10. Aquajet Well-Known Player

MP or event? Ok, I'd be down with those options, despite that I'd never make use of the styles. DLC related would be no bueno, so it's nice to see that you don't think this would be the case. Thanks for the reply. :)
  11. Saturn Girl Committed Player

I would marry with a gentleman villain and he becomes a hero or opposite.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

As Jack Ryder would say "You are WRONG"!!! For starters, the people behind the styles have nothing to do with the content and its structure. That starts with the creative director, object builders, and system designers. While the lead art director is involved, there are two groups to lead...one for the content art the other for the gear and reward styles.

Secondly, considering the amount of styles we used to get in-game that has now greatly diminished, we have been a little starved for styles. So to that I say the more the merrier. Also, it is entirely possible to focus on both, since the two teams work in tandem (with the art team clearly beating the content designers...sorry...;)).

By all means, champion for better content...I will back you up on the 100%. Just don't deny us style junkies in the process. This doesn't have to be a zero sum scenario here.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Quoted for Emphasis!!!
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I want both. ;)

More content, and along with the new content, new styles. 1 new style per DLC is poop, and most of them lately have been poop. One of the green names have made a comment to me twice that more styles are coming. I myself, want more plain clothes and stuff to make great antiheros.
    • Like x 2
  16. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Still waiting for those spoilers!
  17. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I do want to fight in 1
  18. Aquajet Well-Known Player

Noted.
  19. Megzilla Developer

Don't take my word as gospel - we're opening up how to get these styles to players in a way that benefits everyone. I do feel fairly confident that they won't be Time Capsules but.. we've just started discussing this so everything's up in the air. (But I've requested to NOT put them in TC so we'll see how much water my opinion holds LOL)
    • Like x 4
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Amen to that :) Ty for at least requesting they dont go into a TC.
    • Like x 1