Two cents about the current state of the game ( random , casual player edition )

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Revised, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Revised New Player

First of all i'd like to introduce myself , i have been a part of this community for quite some time now , i took a (big)break about two years ago
    and found myself returning to the game recently
    Now , i am not some big name in this community , i am not a YouTuber or a Twitch streamer but i believe my voice and opinion should be heard and be taken in consideration equally as the parts of the community that i mentioned above .

First thing i will be discussing is the current state of PvP.

I feel like PvP isn't getting the love that it deserves , or even any love at all , i used to spamm PvP instances with my buddies back in the days and actually enjoy the time we had , we used to roam around finding villians , organizing Heroes versus Villians PvP and so much more . Now as i see PvP it can be described as a necessary evil that people have to endure in order to achieve some SP . I consider myself as an experienced PvP player and i understand when i make a mistake and when there was nothing that i could have done in order to outplay my opponent and lately i've been getting the second one a lot more while having to play against atomic tanks and skill spamming abusers . There is no longer that one satisfying feeling when you beat your opponent by predicting his block or block breaker , instead you have to endure the above and simply accept that such mechanics are no longer good enough to achieve victory . I am not a smart man myself , but even i understand that there is something awfuly wrong in all this . Also , am i the only one who is tired of seeing catwoman in legends PvP ( no ? just me ?).

Now , when it comes to PvE and the creation of new episodes and the increase of maximum CR per episode.

I remember reaching a decent amount of CR for the content that was available at the time before i quit and i used to think to myself , damn this is pretty good , i did not worry about the release of new gear and the increase of the maximum amount of CR for the next episodes because i kinda hoped that they would think of something original and probably change the way that you progress when it comes to gear . Don't get me wrong , i love the new episodes, ( i had a lot to catch up to but i did it ) they are amazing and (kinda) fresh but at the same time the fact that each episode releases a new maximum CR number and the fact that i need to worry about reaching that specific number and having to save up money in order to be considered even remotely relevant to the community just puts a lot of stress on my shoulders and made me realize that what i am getting myself into is a huge grind .

Last thing i'd like to mention are the capsules and where they are heading.

When i came back capsules kept dropping and dropping and i kept asking my league mates "what are these" x100 times till i understood that they were simply a money grabbing machine with sole purpose to absorb every last bit of the community's earnings. Don't get me wrong , first and second time they were probably just perfect for the community and the company . You received a financial boost that the membership strategy was not good enough to achieve at the time and the community experienced something fresh ( fresh when it comes to dcuo , this was obviously implemented in lots of other MMOs ) . I don't blame you for trying to create more of them and earn more money because believe me , you deserve it , you are currently the only game that provides us with the feeling of playing like an actual Superhero , my inner child thanks you for that , but if you continue merging the progress of the character to the amount of capsules that the customer has to buy in order to get more SPs this will get tiring pretty fast and people will eventually stop caring about the game in total . Isn't it possible for you to continue this whole capsule strategy without having to tie them together ? If you left feats out of this sure the sales of stabilizers would be reduced but you would still earn enough to keep the quality of the game to a perfect level and keep the community happy , achieving balance between these two things.

Most of you people may not agree with my opinion and that is totally understandable . What i hope for is that a Developer (or someone that is within the daybreak team) sees this and for once enlightens us with their future plans for the game instead of leaving us in the dark. If i want to invest more into this game at least i want to be ensured that this game will have a future and i am sure that many more people want the same .
    • Like x 2
  2. Revised New Player

tl;dr : pvp is bad , pve is repetitive, capsules are awful .
    Whoever read the whole thing you are awesome and i appreciate you as a human being
    • Like x 1
  3. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

I read it all and i agree but it's all been said before countless times and nothing is being done about any of it and i seriously urge everyone who's not happy with the current state of the game to just stop playing and stop giving them you're money all together.

every new content now is a force grind with everything on them you need to progress are way out of wack. mods are too bloated and expensive their answer to our outcry is added simple and complex to a vendor that shouldn't have nothing to do with progression, heck even the seasonal events now are part of the problem as well with expensive items that are now tied to progression compare to what they were before. they do all that on purpose just to force you into a corner and give in to buying the marks on the marketplace. even after we the customers point out all the flaws they are still being force on us til this day with no end in sight.
    • Like x 1
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

The direction of the game is now driven by a guy who does not have the first clue how to actually play, as evidenced by the hysterical Starro preview livestream, who has a track record of looking for ways to rinse MMO player bases of their cash through crapshoot luck boxes, and who needs to accept his 40s have arrived by not going on about his comics all the time and by getting a bloody good haircut.
    • Like x 4
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???
    What was hysterical about that Live stream???

Any link to it??
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

That stream ugh :oops:
    • Like x 2
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

I think this is the one hes talking about.
    • Like x 1
  8. MastaMind Dedicated Player

As far as PVP I really have no clue about it. It seems like pretty much people with PVP gear are unstoppable versus someone without the gear. I pieced together a ghetto set with what Marks Of Valor I was able to acquire randomly along the way (4-5 pieces) and the level 27 stuff you can buy out of one of the nightclubs. Before the revamp when I could invest points into toughness I did a bit better. The last couple times I ran into people with PVP gear though I couldn't even make a dent on them. I have just been neglecting it until I have absolutely no other option left. I'm approaching 6 months in the game and I just have a ton of other things to catch up on.

As far as PVE I am thankful for the way it is. It most definitely sucks to reach the end of the line. With Age Of Justice I capped out pretty quickly but I had a lot of catching up to do. So one by one came gear mods, generator mods, and gearing up a second role. Even with a massive list of things to catch up on I still ended up with several weeks left with nothing to do but gain SP. I know I have around 600 Time Warped essence sitting around and just as much if not more Warbonds. I did get to where I was chasing Elite gear since it was the only real way to improve. However, it just seemed impossible and all the grind I pulled off was from the first two bosses of JFA. Some weeks I would get cheated out of my "Progress point" where even though I would run both JFA and US on a Wednesday night it would still say I didn't have the point come reset day. I got the head piece from that pretty much for the style and I got the gloves which gave me the 2nd affinity mod. The thing is that if progression came from any other way then advancing in gear and whatnot this game would definitely die. Sure for someone like me there was that option to chase SP. What about the many people who have been playing for years and already have the majority of feats in the game? Even if they focused on some of the hardest ones in the game evading them it would end at some point.

As far as Time Capsules. I think this is the dumbest thing ever for people to cry about. Any game that I have played any time recently pretty much has some way to pay to get ahead. The big difference is that at least on DCUO everyone has the ability to get them for free. Even a non-member can run a daily event to gain stabilizers. Literally all it takes is a bit of common sense and you can conquer the system quite easily. It works just like the stock market. Sell high buy low. I know people who slap open a TC every time that they get the free stabilizer. Even if they already have all the stuff. Why? In hopes that they will get that "Big ticket" item that is worth tons. What they usually get is garbage. Meanwhile I sit on my free stabilizers and stockpile them all the way up to release. Sell the actual TCs for as long as people want to buy them (This most recent time I got up to 700k for ONE capsule, and the steady day one price was 500k per capsule). I always keep selling them because even at 10-20k each that is good profit from something that drops so often.

The truth is that removing those feats is the dumbest idea on Earth. It would be the deathblow to this game. Sure you would still have a group that cannot let go because this game is all they have, but the last thing we need in this game is another major blow to the population. I have seen first hand that TCs are quite popular and in this case I hope the developers do take that money over complaints. These servers, the developers themselves, and everything related to this game costs money. They are not going to keep it going if all they do is break even. Anyone who truly cares about this game should suck up the fact that because of their own mistakes they won't get the big cool item on day one. That is all it seems like to me is just the typical childish jealousy.

As for the pay to win argument. As I said elsewhere. Episodes cost money. Legends can be purchased. So the "tying feats to cash" argument is invalid as can be. Just those two things generate far more SP then all of the TCs combined. And we all know that anyone even remotely trying is going to get at least some of those feats just simply by running the free mission. Like I said. It is a simple system. If you let your own greed motivate your decisions you don't deserve those feats in the first place.

Also, OP. When I say "you" I am not directing it at you. I pretty much meant anyone pushing for this "No feats in TCs" argument since now it seems to be the new hot things for forum kids to cry about. I guess people did not learn from the revamp they pushed so hard for. It makes me sick to think that people are so selfish. Smh.
  9. TestReporter Loyal Player

Omg, no words, at all.
    • Like x 2
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

pvp is never going to get fixed. even if they attempt to fix it its just going to get worse or they'll find some way to monetize it (pvp time capsues) or the testers are going to try to exploit things for themselves and feed devs false information.

pve is a rehashed mess. seven years later and our latest dlc has us fighting the same ads we were fighting on day one.

most of the quality players have left the game already.

there are no new players.retention is worse than ever.

just let it die already.
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Thanks light. You're the best as always. ;)

I do remember that stream.

We all have known for quite some time that the Devs aren't very good at playing this game.

We have examples of that whenever they make a Live Stream of them playing the game.
    Or heck sometimes when we play DCUO we often ask ourselves...... Do the Devs even play this game???
    We see that question being asked on these very Forums from time to time. ;) ;)

I did not mind seeing Jackster playing.
    We all know that he basicly is a new player..... and does not really kbnow the game all that well.
    So I saw Jackster do pretty much what I see LOTS of new players do in DCUO.
    So.... no real surprise there.

What drove me nuts was seeing TLantern play.
    I was jumping in my seat "telling" him.... go raise your fallen partner.... It was driving me nuts how he was playing like a typical DPS and seemed to just focused on doing damage.

Sometimes.... seeing the Devs play explain a lot why the game took the direction it did.

Although I will be the first to understand how it is challenging to do a Live Stream.... talk/explain what you are doing...... and keep an eye on the chat at the same time.

I get that.

But still...... damm.... sometimes seeing the Devs play is tough to watch.

Ironically..... it is seeing Spytle play that I realised the Devs weren't that good at playing their own game..... but enjoyed watchign Spytle play despite that.

But since Spytle has been gone...... I find it painfull sometimes to see the Devs play their own game. :( :(

Or do a Live Stream.

I know I probably am the only one ..... but....... I miss watching the Live Stream with Spylte. :(
    • Like x 1
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

They do need to talk about more grown up things while previewing a comic book video game.

-----------------

"And this episode is about Starro, but today we're going to talk about Aleppo."
    • Like x 1