Best DPS Power Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Sep 26, 2017.

1. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

last i played HL you could be a moving ray that burns through everything...didnt even take button mashing to do it...assuming revamp hasnt changed that youre fine...youre a might guy though now right...i mean that whole precision combo thing is gone?? or not??
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

They still have combos, just not Precision damage any more
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

It's all might, and yes, button smashing is back. Combo powers in general rely on heavy clipping.
  4. Streven Dedicated Player

I like the general concept behind your testing methodology. Even if others think they have better loadouts and rotations this is still a valid basis to compare powers. I personally prefer loadouts that are self sufficient and assume that I will have no troll to rely on for power. Having said that things change quite a bit when putting together loadouts for small content vs premade groups running elite content.

Either way I think your testing methodology has merit and opens up valid discussion points for comparing powers. Plus it's more fun to game theory and talk about this stuff as opposed to whining about time capsules or other unfun topics.
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

right...they are might guys now...
  6. JasonIsley Devoted Player

We are all might guys now. Might ftw
  7. Streven Dedicated Player

I finally watched the vid. I don't agree with all of your reasoning but I like how you explain yourself. I have one bit of criticism. You don't seem to ever clip your abilities which will impact how many different powersets and abilities will perform. But at least you are consistent throughout.

I like your Fire loadout. I hadn't tried Absorb Heat so I'm doing that soon. All your other loadouts had their merits but I will suggest some changes as I have time and let you test them out.

For hard light I use a totally different loadout but I would at least suggest you replace chainsaw with impact. Impact hits hard with a very short animation and allows you to go straight into chainsaw, grip, or light blast. You should try altering your rotation to PI move, impact>chainsaw clipping the last hit of chainsaw with lightweight (the spin version NOT Light Weight Strike). Throw chompers in there for the small dot if you want to but I don't carry that one myself. If you clip more you will see better results. Also, Ballistic Assault can be interrupted making Strafing Run a much more reliable SC.

Anyways i would suggest try adding impact, chainsaw clip lightweight spin into your rotation and see how that affects your performance.

I also think you should put some thought into doing this type of analysis in different scenarios. I know it can be hard to compare numbers when you change scenarios and introduce new variables but it is still worth having discussions and comparing powers in relation to their ability to deal with adds, alerts, and raids. I will keep my comments for the moment directed toward comparisons made in the scenario you presented.
  8. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Ikr ! So much better having might tbh, switch between powers are easier now
  9. piohh Well-Known Player

Use Rage or Electicity, you dont need so much skill points and you are all the time on top of the SB if thats your focus.
    But in my option the best DPS is that Power thats dont need so much Power and you can protect yourself (shield) and you are not on the last place of the SB, but I think nearly 90% of all player are the focus to be on top of the SB more importend.
  10. JasonIsley Devoted Player

That's not entirely true. You still have to be somewhat competent of a player. I've seen electric dps with 300+ SP fall towards the middle of the scoreboard. Shields help, I wish more DPS used shields.
  11. piohh Well-Known Player

Than he play really, really wrong...I know some electric players with ~250SP and they are all the time with min. of 1 Million in front and out dps players with ~350SP
  12. JasonIsley Devoted Player

SP isn't a measure or nor should it be a measure of "skill". After they get the powers a little closer towards balance, you'll see SP only matters for players who know how to play.
    • Like x 1
  13. piohh Well-Known Player

trust me
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

actually my E load is insanely energy efficient...I can attack continuously almost forever...at most I have to wait a fraction of a second to pull something off...it is Damage Per Second...not all Supercharges all the time...after all...and yes at least half awake and not bleeding I usually have more than adequate score numbers...cant ALWAYS be 1...but I am 1 enough I notice and Im usually 2 or 3 when I am NOT no1...
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

My main has 10015 Precision.
  16. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Trust you that it's bland?
  17. piohh Well-Known Player

Ok, here is my ranking about DPS's output since revamp

1. Electric
    2. Rage
    3. Mental (What???, yes Mental if you know to use it)
    4. Earth
    5. Water
    6. Munition
    7. Gadget
    8. Light
    9. Ice
    10. Nature (after the nerf)
    11. Atomic
    12. Quantum
    13. Socery
    14. Celest
  18. BrandonB Well-Known Player