Should I stay a member?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RealTegan, Sep 25, 2017.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

And some of us said this would happen when they introduced the 1st one ;) Next up the best vendor gear in the game for the most current episode will be inside a TC and not on a vendor :p
  2. Streven Dedicated Player

I don't understand the appeal for game developers/publishers to use these gambling tactics to suck money out of people. It always ends up creating resentment in your playerbase. People will spend more money quite often because, at least initially, they like the game well enough to not mind supporting it financially, but at the end of the day you as a player just feel used because you aren't getting real value for your money. Opening gambling boxes isn't fun.

So sure you might extract more money out of people but you aren't making lifelong, loyal customers. Short term gains vs long term losses isn't a good trade off to my mind.

I haven't personally gotten into time capsules in this game. Don't care about being maxed out and have never been motivated to care about SP. So for me time capsules are no big deal. Having said that I realize playing for SP is what most end game players play for and these gambling tactics are a slap in their faces.
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The only thing really holding me to this game is the social aspect of my league mates. I love my league and the players I play with whenever i log in. If it weren't for them I'd be done
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I didn't read any posts below the OP
    With that said I just canceled auto renew sub today

This has nothing to do with the new tc coming out or the the new currency

I've just had my fill for a while

I been back since the revamp and it was fun and all but I took a year and a half break before that and I feel like it's time to take another indefinite break

Why? Cause honestly I don't feel like remodding a new set ahead when I just got done modding the black hawk set

I had my fill as I said enjoyed my few months and am ready to move on again

I just bought witcher 3 complete edition hadn't played the game before and it feel like a game that will hold my attention a while

I'm kind of mmoed out don't wanna chase a grind don't wanna pay a monthly sub

There are a lot of games coming soon that I'd like to play and I don't wanna feel like I am wasting 15 dollars that month by not showing he game love for a few days

So I'm in the same boat as you I was weighing whether or not I wanted to come back and I chose not to for a while

If that helps
    • Like x 1
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

simple answer?

nope
  6. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

what else is there...city of games...no. champions...really?? marvel heroes...and never play my toons again...not likely. only super game that lets me play my heroes for the moment is this one so i stay
    • Like x 2
  7. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

If you buy Character slots; you can keep your characters.
  8. C0de Well-Known Player

My sub ran out 2 weeks ago now. I've been telling myself for months that this is feeling too much like a real job of late without the perks of being paid for my work. Usually you see some sort of reward for the grind in a mmo but here there is none. There is no feel of accomplishment for grinding for anything anymore and that makes an mmo meaningless to me. The revamp imo was terribly executed and the after effects are still lingering so makes going forward even harder when they are constantly nerfing powers left right and center. So I've been asking myself why am I paying for a product that has the worst customer service and is so out of touch with its customer base? This single formula of just chasing gear and feats has killed this game for me, there's nothing to do if you aren't doing either of those, at least not for me (Feel free to pvp against broken powers lol).

So yea I've been premium now and just have been running the stabilizer event and outdoor missions of the new dlc. Just want to see what I get out of the tc's even though I won't be able to sell anything or make money off of them anymore. Maybe if i'm still around a month or 2 later I'll pick up that 7 day escrow thingy from the marketplace (something I thought i'd never buy) just to spend off my 200 mil cash that would otherwise just go to waste. Without being able to spend cash freely though at end game level, there is almost 0 enjoyment left for me to have left for this game. I'm just waiting for Tera to come to ps4 already so I can finally delete DC off my ps4 for good.
  9. RealTegan Dedicated Player

My league is pretty much dead. I have a mule league now and most of my toons are in that. But social? Almost nothing left in this game. Too many people got too fed up and left.

Yeah. The main appeal of this game is playing my own heroes in a superhero world that I love. If another game came along that allowed the same thing, DCUO would be in deep trouble.

They don't matter that much to me. I've picked my survivors and am moving all the stuff over that I might want, and prepping the others for deep sleep. There's a decent chance I'll never play them again, so I'm saying goodbye over the next few days.

Exactly. I enjoy making new characters, which is why I ended up with a ton of alts, because there is a joy to visiting the vault and seeing green on uncollected styles. There is a joy to trying a new power for the first time. There is a joy to reaching a goal. But once you reach end game, there's hardly any goals and the grind is so much like doing the dishes - there's soon going to be another pile to clean.

I really had high hopes for the TC vendor... I thought, "Finally, I'll be able to grind *toward* something instead of just waiting on random luck!" Instead, they are putting new stuff in the vendor. I still see no possible way for me to get the Phoenix Material or other feat-attached items from the Time Capsules. There's no pay off. There's no joy. And the drop rate of stabilizers is ridiculously low compared to the drop rate of capsules. If you never got extra fragments in any TCs and you are a member, as of Sept. 27, 2017, you could have opened 164 TCs. Premiums could have opened 110 and FtP 82. When people open HUNDREDS of capsules and never get the Phoenix Material, it basically turns the "you can get it just by playing the event" excuse into a lie.

I don't want to play as Batman Beyond, but I like the gear. I would happily collect it - but it's stuck behind a random paywall. And it's got a feat attached, which is another argument entirely about progression and how it works. But the random luck aspect takes all the joy out of it. If it were in the vendor, I could work toward it while still getting the thrill of possibly "winning" it. But it's not.

But I'm not sure why I'm bothering to write. The development team is set on a path that I doubt they will alter, and that's set me on this path away from supporting the game. I don't like it - I want to support the game. But I also want to enjoy the game, and the way the Time Capsules have been implemented definitely drained the joy from the game and made membership utterly pointless.
    • Like x 3
  10. C0de Well-Known Player

For me its been styles. Loved coming up with new styles for my characters, i've gone through hundreds of outfits. Loved and miss the days that I would just spend hrs just customizing new looks for my toons or trying to make iconic ones from other types of media. CLEARLY this is the foundation this game was built on and the main reason most ppl still play today, the customization aspect is its selling point. Now we get like maybe 2-3 new styles per dlc with variations like enhanced versions but don't really count those. Now that wouldn't be that bad if they put updated styles in the marketplace. Where are all the cosmetics styles that people have been screaming for years now? New hair styles for male and female but ESPECIALLY males. only styles we get now are iconics, auras and materials. And almost all of them are locked behind paywalls or super long grinds to get.

This game barely has anything going for it anymore other than mass repetition, can't even enjoy the small quality of life things that makes this game fun anymore, and like you said the devs just don't seem to care so if they don't then why should I? Its a two - way street and I refuse to continue paying on there 1 way road. I'm just one person and probably won't have any impact on them financially but i'm at least content to no longer be nickled and dimed to death.
    • Like x 2
  11. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Update: Since I last wrote in this post, I let my subscription lapse and have been happily playing as Premium for two and a half months. Daybreak has done nothing in that entire time that would lure me back into paying monthly.

I purchased the Age of Justice, Riddled with Crime and Earth 3 DLCs. Combined with the ones I bought before I subscribed, I've got more than enough to do. My biggest issue at the moment is that I can't access the instances to get my artifacts up to 100 and the prices on the broker are, of course, far too high. I have decided that is a small thing, since I have the DLCs to get them to 80 and unlock the special ability.

Playing with only six characters instead of 14 has made playing time more fun. I feel considerably less pressure to get through daily "chores".

The money limitations have bothered me almost not at all. There are moments when the cap is mildly annoying, but I always have plenty of stuff to sell, and even stockpile the crap Isis is giving me. The *only* regret is being unable to purchase the catalysts in the broker, but frankly I'm just not concerned.

So - letting my subscription lapse has actually increased my enjoyment of the game. Who would'a thunk it?
    • Like x 1
  12. Klownnuke Active Player

No. The answer is no.
  13. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

I've been playing since 2011, at that time I was buying the dlcs as they came out and did premium for two years. When I first went legendary I loved having access to everything. The free DBC cash and free replays come in very handy to me. Knowing I can use any of my alts anytime I want is also very cool. Time capsules I only get after I run the event 3 times and I like the gear you can get. I'm not interested in collections, I say Ill get them when ever I get them. And as far as the 15 bucks a month, finding 15 bucks isn't usually hard to do. If for some reason I don't have the extra cash, then I simply play premium till money shows up. Long story short I like all the perks. And 15 bucks is more then worth it TO ME.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

If you take a 12 months sub.... it is $10 a month. ;)
    EDIT; Less when we had a 30% off sale on subs not long ago. ;)