Is DCUO still fun to play ? ( debating whether should i return or not )

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Revised, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Streven Dedicated Player

I like it.
  2. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Fun yes, good story yes. With update 73 they've forced us back to requiring a group to complete simple repetitive content. and some old content is slim to impossible to complete with a full party at the high end of the recommended CR.

Over all, free is fun; for me I'll keep running the free stuff.

As so many have said already - try it out for yourself; and brace yourself for the vulgarness of the shout chats that arise from time to time. You can ignore those players, or report them if they are violating the toxic player rules of conduct (which results in a nice email saying they won't tell what if anything was done and to ignore them).

Best of luck and hope you enjoy the game
  3. Revised New Player

I'm really sorry for not replying to any of your posts (I've been quite busy), after viewing all of your replies i've decided to download DCUO again and give it a try . As of now i'm currently online and bit confused about the SP changes along with the progress that i will have to follow regarding my gear but hopefully soon i will get the hang of it . Thank you all for taking your time to share your opinions with a complete stranger such as my self , you people are amazing .
  4. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Well I just got back 3-4 days ago myself....I quite like the start revamp but holy Zeus.......this game have became a pay to play now with all those TC....you could get at least 30-40 feats from TC.
  5. Koriand'r Well-Known Player

Not much, as we all know everything is getting worse in DCUO, There are no more powers coming out, Devs are not listening to us and don't create the styles and base items we want and they are only adding ugly styles, as you know there are too many pages for our ideas which are about styles we want in another thread, but Devs even don't care, they have deleted too many good things from the game such as Cosmic Material, we are everyday giving ideas of what we want for new episodes, but they are only adding episodes about Wonder Woman and Batman and their enemies though even there are more than 1000 cool characters with great stories in DC Comics. no movement has come out for a long time, Water powers abilities are so weak. We don't have any Magnetic Powers in DCUO, the items of events are so old, we are always telling them what we want in the game (everyday too many threads of ideas), but they are not creating them though even we are who plays the game and pay for that not Devs, No Legend characters came out, we even don't have such a very famous character like Black Canary, Red Tornado, Solomon Grundy, Eclipso, And..., the abilities of Powersets and Iconic powers are so much old, we need more interesting abilities and iconic powers of different characters, and we have made too many threats about it but they didn't make what we want, and they have only added some ugly abilities just for some powers months ago.
  6. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I have to say, that I'm back and playing the lower levels again.
    They have decayed badly. Errors are everywhere. Mission audios repeat themselves.

All the focus is on the end game.
    Why are my sub-level 30 characters getting told about the new "open world" Gotham content that isn't even in the "open world" and requires - what? - like 140 more levels in order to play?

The STAT revamp seems like a great step in the correct direction, but it pretty much PO'd a bunch of higher level CR's that never bothered getting Skill Points.

It has made me look back on THE CITY.
    I have as many character slots as money can buy at the DCU - not even 2 servers worth in what was THE CITY.

11 servers - 18 character slots per server - I had at least 12 characters per server (saved slots for when new stuff would hit or tried to)... I know that this spreadsheet I found from 2010 wasn't the newest one ...
    Yeah, what kept me playing was being able to make different characters and variants of the same character on "different" Earths ... I mean servers...or do I...

I'm not one to take the same character and change their power sets on the whim ... I hated not being able to get the weapon that I "intended" when I "created" this character or that one.

Is the game fun?

Yeah, I enjoy checking out the new power sets and STAT revamp allows for some variation and still be effective.
    There is still those mini-max-ables, but that kind of stuff is hard to balance (... original Champions *cough*cough* ).

Fixing he powers for acrobatics and superspeed so they function as well as flight would be a step in the correct direction.

So, yeah, its fun as you want it to be.
  7. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I still play both co and dc from time to time, but I see why you would feel this way.
  8. TheBlackBond New Player

Pros:pve is much better way more content if youve been gone its so many untouched instances were you a story lover? then the new content is awesome now Cons: were you a pvper? Its terrible no skill needed i dont think theyve had time to really focus a whole update on pvp lately Legends is broken catwoman is probably picked by 60%of the community so i mean it depends on what you come back for ive been gone 1yr and 5months and im back having fun soooo just pvp blew me a tad bit