What keeps you hooked?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Stop making good points, it's forcing me to use the like button...

But you're exactly right, majority of toxicity comes from dissatisfaction of the product at hand. If it was a more quality product with less headaches and money grabs, the community would probably be much more friendly. Sure you'll still have the asshats that just naturally love being tools for whatever specific reason whether it be age or maturity level, but as far as the negativity and and self entitlement that plagues both the game and forums, there wouldn't be much of that at all.
    • Like x 6
  2. Revafall Well-Known Player

I started playing Guild Wars 2, you can play the whole base game from level 1 to 80 and then you can buy big expansion packs on the side, but the core game is free to play, it has a store but nothing is really Pay to win.
    • Like x 1
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

I have a lifetime account. I haven't actually paid out for a sub in years.
  4. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

OH MY GOD HIS SOOO RIGHT ABOUT THIS!!!
    • Like x 1
  5. Isif Committed Player

Maybe the possibility of crossing paths with forum folk in the HoD. Gameplay will never really trump the experience of meeting the truly awesome people of DCUO and the truly dreadful people of DCUO. Both have left me quite speechless. Thx all.
    Isif salutes
  6. Caroline Dedicated Player

1. Mostly the memories of when I enjoyed the game with my friends (who left long time ago), kinda hoping to meet new ones and enjoy the game as it is now. :p

2. Definitely the styling of my character, the skill points, the challenge in feats, the daily progression. :p
    • Like x 1
  7. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

The helpful, non-toxic, non-elitist community.
    /Kappa
    • Like x 1
  8. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Two things first is my friends in game, second is the hope that a game with so much potential and promise actually realized what they have and starts hitting that stride. So far A company with the access to some of the greatest superheroes fails to realize that no one thinks amazons and new gods are the first choices for a hero game. If DC comics cant sell the comic probably not the best idea to build not one but three dlc's on the scrubs
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No clue any longer. The people I run with are all over 300sp. We get feats here and there, but since the revamp has made skill points worthless, yes I said worthless. Beyond the 230 something to max out your role, the rest doesn't matter. Tanks don't need a lot of skill points to play hybrid any longer. Healers and trollers can't, even if they could. The powers are just as they were pre revamp, just changed around. The balancing they are talking about doing, doesn't matter anymore. The lack or content mixed with the lack of needing to obtain end game CR, skill points, or vendor gear is dumb as h ell. Pretty sure these things were supposed to matter after the update. I feel the mean nothing.

Destiny 2 may be calling to me. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Styles my friends my league the game um oh and silly players I meet who just make me laugh lol.
  11. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

It use to be a few people I was especially close to. One doesn't know what he wants to do with the game *looks at OP*. Another quit the game almost a year ago. One well idk what's going on there in general lol. The one I'm the closest to of them all disappears more than Houdini...Yet despite all this I'm still here. I honestly have no idea why I'm here anymore.
    • Like x 2
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

how I feel every passing day
    • Like x 2
  13. bull425 Well-Known Player

I play because I like DC, and I like superheroes.

For me, the changes are more frustrating than anything. I can deal with them until I can't. Not there yet. Having said that, they seem to struggle with balancing content it seems.
    • Like x 1
  14. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Used to log in because the game was fun. Never made ‘life long friends’ in game because.....no.

I stopped because they turned into a mobile game with the blatant begging for money and rng lottery box bulls^_¥.
    • Like x 2