This earth thing is a little bit out of control

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MensSana, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Who did this??? WHO DID THIS??? Please introduce me to my new Guru...pretty please!!!!!!!:D:oops::(:D
    • Like x 1
  2. KratTheDefiler Well-Known Player

Every time I run anything it's a tank in damage gear. Was this the intent? And yes, they usually lead the board in damage and with earth/atomic it's by a LOT. The problem is, the other players take in way more damage and it makes it rather tedious to be honest.
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Tanks generally, but as you can see from this thread, Earth specifically. Coincidentally, I have yet to see it with my own eyes or in any thread that Rage/Fire/Ice Tanks are beasting in PvE. Atomic got the Nancy Kerrigan* treatment on test....Earth can't be too far behind.

[Nancy Kerrigan was an Ice Skater capped on the knee/shin by a rival skater who wasn't as good as her]
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Earth's nerf I expected to happen, Literally just about everyone was pushing for a Jackhammer Nerf.

It is what it is; Atomic's nerf though confuses me considering the development team usually tweaks power cost when they reduce damage output.
    • Like x 1
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i swear to god i was just talking about this like two days ago with some old friends and the dramas of the early nineties.

joey buttafuco was brought up.

the game is a mess. i figured it all out in about six hours when the revamp first went live.

it should have never been released the way it was with seemingly only half the work done.

always liked your optimism. i love the game myself. its why im so disappointed. like yourself i've always laughed around the naysayers and "this game is dying" threads but this time its different.

we're past the warning signs.
    • Like x 3
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Guy in the video in my sig, toon name is Mars

His damage made me want to work on my troll
    • Like x 1
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It's a major problem all around. It's real unbalance. 1 role can do It's role while doing really good damage. Like I said, a 206 tank can have the minimum dominance with more might than the average dps.
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Earth jackhammer is the tanking mechanic while not using brick. So earth tanks aren't sacrificing much
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Max Damage Originally took any damage modifier and made it into an automatic 60% damage modifier Bonus (10% bonus for support roles). Since we've been flattened and had damage modifiers removed (which the original basically did by making every power a 60% modifier), 2% is a reasonable increase (and it's noticeable along with the chest damage mod).
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

My point again was these forums are a very small % of the players. And things get changed based on an even smaller % requesting a change sometimes. Anyways, my entire point was based around that tanks dont have the dmg penalty but trolls and heals do. That imo is silly. As far as battle support goe ive made my opinion on that clear. What i do find funny is people before the revamp complaining about dps hitting too hard and groups blasting through content. But i guess its ok to do that if support roles are doing more damage? There are a lot of contradictory things said on these forums. Btw i realize the dps in that group may not have been very good.

I didnt mention earth tanks being brought down tho. If u think that cool. When i mentioned the atomic nerf and earth tanks would it seem right that earth tanks could still do good dmg in tank stance while atomic cant because it got nerfed? Whatever tho. The point is the dmg penalty and how some of this makes no sense.
    • Like x 1
  11. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I don't think Proxystar meant mechanic as in keeping the defense buff active. I think mechanic was referring to needing to do other things like pulling mobs off group members, positioning the boss, and other content awareness tasks.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You are forgetting the number one Golden rule for DPS...he who gets to the adds first and survives does the most damage overall. When you factor that with the amount of damage they can do with Jackhammer, it's a one-two punch that's hard to beat (along with DPS gear and speccing into might, and DPS crits).
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

O ok. But even thst take minimum effort. Just pull and clip with SC generator. I don't think positioning and content awareness is really problem either.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

We might be living in end times... :D
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Most other players are taking in serious damage because they consistently ignore the red skulls...which is when they should be blocking, or being up under the tanks n*ts just to squeeze that extra damage. Tanks have ways to mitigate Damage...most DPSes aren't using a single damn one of those options. I say this as a rage DPS who foolishly goes around hitting everything with Outrage at all times. I don't sit there and blame ANYONE for my death except in the very rare cases where the healer is dropping the ball (if the healer is dead and I still jumped in, that's ALL on me). If people yell "block" and you're still trying too hard to get your rotation off, you are the one to blame for all that damage in you're taking.
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I haven't been able to make heads or tails of that one either...although it seems Atomic's knee capping came because of PvP nerf calls. I'm not stating that as fact, just speculation on my part based on what little i've read in regards to Atomic complaints.
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I tend to agree that it might have been prematurely released...but if they hadn't dropped it when they did it would altered a lot of future content, including Water's release (which was already late to some degree depending on your viewpoint). Also, there was only so much that could have been solved on test without it being tested on the "true" test server...Live. Now with the foundation laid out, they can correct and add stuff much easier than before. And considering that they are responding to feedback in some way or another, I tend to be optimistic that things will get better.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How are they having more might than the average DPS...might caps out at 175 in the stats tree, DPS gear has a set amount that is higher than Tank/Support gear, and the mods are the same. The only way a tank will have higher might than the average DPS is if the DPS is literally average (no mods/low mods, to little skill points). That's not a reason to penalize the Tank if he's doing more work for stats than the average DPS.
    • Like x 2
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You've got me curious about something....what damage penalty are the other two suffering? I haven't read anywhere that they have a particular set handicap. It seems to me they didn't get buffed up like Tank powers did, but an actual penalty (like Tanks and Healers used to have and Trolls didn't back in the days before WM/AM/CR Differential). Please point this out to me...cause i've missed something somewhere.
  20. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I could be wrong, but the only hindrance I've read to healers and controllers doing damage is they are actively doing other things to help the group, e.g. healing and supplying power. As a result, they cannot do as much damage in between. I do not think there is an actual penalty, but, as I said, I could be wrong.

Tanks are actively fighting enemies to keep them away from the rest of the group, so tanks do more damage.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.