This earth thing is a little bit out of control

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MensSana, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Anxient Loyal Player

They don't hit harder than dps stance..
  2. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

So a level 1 dps should beat a CR 206 tank everytime?

What I am saying is, you have to take a look at more than just the scoreboard as it can be deceptive...

For example, If I really battle troll alerts and I want to truly maximize my damage... often I keep ALL my DPS gear on and simply manually change my role to troll. This give me roughly 15K might as a troll. I may not produce a lot of power this way, but my burn is much higher than standard trolling, so much so that I can compete with the DPS during the alert....

In essence, there is a lot more that would need to be looked at than just the scoreboard here. What was the tank wearing, how was he modded, what type of power were the DPS he was running with, how many deaths occurred, what if the tank was able to survive the boss fights without the other roles for a long duration... its almost an endless list of possibilities as to why this occurred in the first place.
    • Like x 2
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Right. That mod was for multipliers. It wasnt a straight 60% increase in dps. Or was it? Rethinking it now as i edit this. I swore it was the multiplier.
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

Haha! What a mess!

A Tank SHOULD ALWAYS be the absolute lowest in damage!
    • Like x 3
  5. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

why? Because some DPS said so?
    • Like x 5
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

75% and 40% of a DPS is one thing, a tank outdoing ALL of the DPS is another. I can't help but think either the DPS were super low-geared or just didn't know how to DPS. There had to be SOMEthing wonky here. The DPS died a lot and the tank kept going, running up numbers waiting for a wipe, or the DPS were just terribad. It's hard to believe this was a straight-up run with competent players and it still came out like that.
    • Like x 3
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Probably in his big personal book of mmo rules and guidelines
    • Like x 4
  8. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Why is it a problem if a support role has the skill points, the mods, the equipment, and the run is completed in a fair amount of time?
    • Like x 2
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Oh something was definitely off. Even in full dps gear and atomic tank isn't out doing a good DPS. Well, maybe sorc gets a pass, but not any other power.
  10. The Anxient Loyal Player

It was for modifiers.
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Thanks. I thought it was. Was having a hard time remembering tho. Old age i guess :p
  12. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Should be a best seller around here...
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Because support not suppose to out damage dps. Right now a earth/atomic tank can tank in full dps gear. A 240sp 206cr earth/atomic tank in full dps gear will have suggested dominance and more might than a 201 300sp dps. That's a major problem
    • Like x 2
  14. Emoney Dedicated Player

Did you inspect the tank?

For the alerts and some raids I run a hybrid build on my tank side. Essentially I wear 85% DPS gear, and spec as DPS. I wear only two pieces of tank gear to get my Dom over the minimum so my pulls work.

My damage is usually about 80% of what I do full DPS role.....which is enough to beat people . They see only my Tank icon and think its an OP power.....its not.
    • Like x 2
  15. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

More than likely there is a combination of things. The tank, was probably TOP CR, High SP, modded and speced for doing damage, with OP gear, if not full DPS gear, while the rest of the group was next to near minimum for the instance.

Overall its not game breaking, the content obviously was completed, and the time was reasonable.

In other words, nothing to see here, except some DPS with sour pout on their face for not finishing tops... move along.
    • Like x 1
  16. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

THIS is how you battle role and beat DPS ^^^^
    • Like x 1
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its a shame earth wasn't released with a one shot glitch like the gorilla ball thing. this way everyone could be like "oh no, they fixed earth"...
    • Like x 1
  18. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I think people should wait and see what happens when Jackhammer loses its current range. Most of what makes it so strong is how many enemies it hits at mid-range, including while in Tank role.
    • Like x 2
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

I do this on my ice toon for alerts too now. But im spec about 50/50 with tank and dps gear. I have the pull, 2 shields, and my immunity. I use tempest and gust tho to attack. I usually do about 50% of the dmg of the dps. Some days its higher tho depending on the dps in the group, some days a lil lower. And tbh the only reason i do it is because i dislike ice dps atm. Its too clunky for me. But i do like ice tanking. So its not me wanting to battle support. More of i dislike the dps side of the power set. If the dps side was smoother i wouldnt do it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

When you hit a powee for a short period after your damage would increase by the percentage multiplier ech power has a specific percentage it used to be the long cast moves only that gave 60% until the introduced max damage mod which basically just guaranteed you were always running 60% regardless.

It actually somewhat dumbed down the need to do a specific rotation
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.