Test Discussion Episode 29: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please post any bugs related to Episode 29's rewards here.

Known issue:
    • Instances are not yet dropping items as intended.
    • Some rewards have not yet been added to the vendor.
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

I wish i could go on test and check the gear out. Im interested in the cost. Also has anyone figured out how many marks we earn per day with episode 29?

If anyone knows that info plus the cost of the new riddler gear and can post it that would be great, thanks.
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Gear along with anything that costs marked bills (the new currency) are the things missing from the vendor.

Interestingly, the cola vendor is the same vendor as the gear vendor. Is there a reason they aren't two different vendors this time?
    • Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

As mentioned by StealthBlue, anything associated with the new currency hasn't been added to the vendor yet.

However, I am seeing some new feats:
    [IMG]

That's a 4 star feat for equipping the Man-Bat trinket and Henchmen trinket from this episode.

Also, more episode-specific crafting feats!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The "Mean Glean" feat needs to be updated to use "Vindictive Essence."
  6. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

More episode-specific crafting?

Man, I was REALLY hoping to skip crafting with this episode considering how short it is between AOJ and Earth 3. I hope costs are dirt, dirt cheap to make. Otherwise... ugh.
    • Like x 4
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

The fact those trinkets have feats is not something im a fan of. Especially since the backups are only a drop from the last boss in elite and 1.5 sp is attached to that. Guess that will be 1.5sp i never see. Because if u dont get lucky with the RNG my guess is the trinket is going to sell for an enormous amount of $$$. Thanks for posting this btw :)

Think about this. The elite style doesnt have any feat points. Always been just a title. But now trinkets that drop only in elite have feat points? A full sp 100 point feat at that? Smh :confused:
    • Like x 5
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Its only gen mods. Mepps recently said this episode only has gen mods and ep30 has the gear mods.
    • Like x 1
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Btw this says 300 time warped essence instead of vindictive essence if no one caught that.

Edit: never mind. I see penryn spoke about this already. My bad.
  10. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Ah, good to know, I missed that. Was it in Office Hours?
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

IIRC yes. Right after the stream for ep29.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm a bit curious about the Man-Bat Manager feat. Is it intended to be a four star feat? IIRC last time four star feats were spoken about in an official capacity there was no intention of bringing them back. Then again they were originally supposed to launch with AF 3, since the revamp was (originally) due out around the same time, so maybe the intention was always to bring in four star feats once the revamp was live?
  13. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

they're purposely holding vendor gear up so we don't see the prices and riot for a better price versus length of the episode before it drops.

you people will never learn until only the whales are left. i really hope they can support the game by themselves.
    • Like x 4
  14. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

and again please please please make the essences cost 1 mark a piece or lower the amount needed back to 5 to craft a gen mod because crafting in this game has gotten so booty since AF3. please if you still want a playerbase listen to your burnt out customers.

it's getting too ridiculous every episode, some of us only like to do the relevant episode only to get marks which is not that much tbh so
    again please don't make this another episode where i must ovoid the crafting.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Vendor gear is always held back for about a week (sometimes longer) when a new episode goes on test because they want us to test the content in current gear. It's been like this for years.
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

For the longest time it was like that. 1 week w/out the gear and 1 week with it. Because the content almost always stays on test for 2 weeks. The last 2 episodes this hasnt been true tho. The AoJ gear went on test 2.5 days before the episode went live. And AF3 was less then a week too. And we all saw what happened with AoJ when this happened. Many complaints and then a bunch of changes.

This episode went on test last friday. So its been 1 week. But its not going live for 10 days. So a few more days of it not being there isnt a big deal. But if next friday rolls around and its still not there? Or gets put on there that day? Thats the 16th. 4 days before it goes live. Lets hope that doesnt happen tho. Because if it does for a 3rd time in a row its really starting to feel like the gear cost is being held until the last minute. Guess we shall see what happens next week.
    • Like x 1
  17. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I was going to report the same thing
  18. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

No, why make it drop in elite only? I'm also not a fan of this if it true. On live I never ran Amazon Fury Elite Raids because for one, I was a returning player and ever since Stats Revamp. People don't want to do old Elite Raids because they gotten harder and are not worth the trouble. This sucks for me because I'm missing all Amazon Fury Elite feats.

It's already bad enough that people don't want to do US Elite Victory version combos. Combo feats are really toxic in general. Now the henchmen I was looking forward to getting only drops in Elite. Better get them before people stop running this raid in the near future ore make them craft-able.
    • Like x 1
  19. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

I'm talking about the way they do it now, they wait last minute just so it could go on live and then they gonna wait awhile for some people to do then act like it was a mistake. they never learn and think all of us are stupid.
    • Like x 4
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

The scenario you're describing happened only, maybe, 2 times in the game's lifespan of changing Vendor gear prices after it launched with the most recent being AoJ. You make it sound like it happens every time after release and it doesnt. The Devs had a release plan and due to the feedback of the community, which dear lord shame them for actually listening right? And due to that feedback they changed a lot of their plans for the rest of the year which including the Vendor Prices Decrease and made the next Event an Episode instead and the prices fell into that range of completion before this Episode will drop.

Again, the Vendor Gear and Prices on Test are always held back so players can test the content with being max gear from the Previous Episode. There's no logic in testing content straight out with the Vendor Gear on Day One of testing. Also, the delay means they havent finalized the prices either and have already said they are taking the length of the episode into consideration. I am of course holding my reservation on final judgement on the prices until I actually see them. Especially with the fact this Episode was suppose to be an Event and really should have stayed that way.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.