Trends

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kai El, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Kai El Well-Known Player

This is probably a very stupid question but it's been bugging me for a while:

Tanks rushing in before anyone in the group is ready... rushing ahead grabbing all the adds, running around corners before anyone can catch up to him/her...

DPS rushing in crowding the Tank... Justice for All, with those small corridors with DPS crowding everything is just one instance...

Most DPS going full Might based but still want only ONE Troll that struggles to keep up Power for everyone... I see the bars... a group with 5 DPS, yes... still FIVE DPS, all out of power...

When will this trend end?
    • Like x 2
  2. Sivulla Dedicated Player

It will end when the next full scale combat update comes.

4 years, maybe?
    • Like x 2
  3. Backseid Devoted Player

End? It's been the exact same for 5+ years. That's not a "trend".
    • Like x 4
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

I had a bad habit of rushing ahead as a tank and grabbing as many adds as possible. Since the revamp ive really walked that back. The mobile dps powers can keep up fine but it really hinders other power sets dmg and it can make things move slower instead of faster depending on the group.

I prefer 2 troll runs these days in raids. Ive also modded some of my toons might/power in the reds. Yea i sacrifice some might but never really have power issues. Imo this community doesnt adapt well. Some players adapt quickly. But overall as a community we dont. And people are still trying to do 1234 pftt and run 5-1-1-1 like u said OP.

And the dps standing next to or on top of me as a tank is the most annoying thing ever. When people do this to me repeatedly i purposely lose aggro and let em die. Because ive tried asking people to back up and they wont. Now a rage melee dps i understand. But dps players using ranged rotations who stand 1 foot from the boss makes 0 sense. Its like some people are unaware all the midrange 7 meter stuff is gone.
    • Like x 3
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

As the Legendary Backseid already mentioned..... this has been going on pretty much forever. ;)

But the Tank rushing ahead pulling every single enemies in a 50 mile radius..... basically the Tanks tries to get all enemies in a bunch so that they can be burned down by the group. But many fail to realise that since GU73...... not really a good idea to do that. Much harder to burn them enemies now.... so it is very easy to pull wayyyy too many enemies... more enemies then the group can handle. :(

But sadly...... adapting..... not the DCUO players' greatest attribute.
    So players have a hard time adapting to GU73 and still play as if we were BEFORE GU73.

DPS crowding the Tank used to be because at close range you would do more damage.
    So they were staying as close to the enemy as possible.

And now it seems the Melee weapons do more damage?? (did not test this out myself yet)
    So DPSes now all want to use Melee to do more damage.
    And melee means you will be close to the enemies.... and right in the way of the Tank.

Also in PVP pretty much everyone seems to be using 1 handed once more thanks to that??

Yes 5 DPSes with HUGE power pool happens.

When playing a role.... you must make choices.
    You must "read" the battle field and decide where you need to focus.
    Sadly right now... players are so power hungry that most of the time you pretty much need to focus on giving power and little else more.

Welcome to GU73. ;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  6. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

As I was told by someone who played with Deathmike, that's how he plays. My friend followed suit and learned to do the same while surviving and waiting for the group to catch up. I've never played with Deathmike, but it wouldn't surprise me if he tanked that way given that he can solo most content.

I've started doing it more myself when I tank because if I don't, a DPS will run ahead and get KO'd by trying to solo everything.
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Well like i said im not doing it anymore. If a dps runs ahead of me and dies thats their fault. People are way too impatient in this game. And like i also said, depending on the group sometimes rushing ahead as a tank and grabbing everything doesnt always speed the run up.
    • Like x 4
  8. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Yeah, I don't know if my friend always played that way. I just know she did when I was in the group with another really good friend of ours who played damage role. With three of us knowing what to do, and sometimes a fourth friend playing a healer, we could usually hold our own with anything thrown at us.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Oh its usually not a huge issue. But we noticed how annoying it can be. For example in 1 pug run we were fighting the last adds before degaton. Tank was atomic and kept using the teleport pull to pull the adds all the way up the ramp to the locked door before degaton. Which makes no sense. It doesnt matter where ya kill, door doesnt open til the adds are dead.

And certain power sets, take quantum for example using TB, will not hit because the adds keep be pulled all over. To each their own i guess tho cause im sure some will say they like things that way.
    • Like x 1
  10. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

A DPS that is ranging his attack; has to fire through 4 other DPS that are surrounding the Tank.
    If you want to hit the Boss; you need to find an opening. Thus many DPS get close; as that is the rational.
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay now the "rushing in before anyone is ready" I can understand but that "Tanks rushing in ahead of everyone else? " I'm sorry did you WANT me to grab aggro and help keep you alive on not? So yeah I had the same thought when I read the OP. So I am confused ... should i wait until the DPS all run in, shoot at stuff and then die, THEN rush in and defeat everything myself?

I have tanked other games and the tank running in, grabbing aggro of every mob in the room, and then running to a special point.. like a corner so the mobs can not move around easily was referred to as a "TACTIC".... then everyone else came in, moved to that place in the room and could blast away at the clustered mob with AoEs and other attacks until they were all dead.

Can not help but wonder if the problem is 6-1-1 where for so long no one even bothered to invite a tank and the DPS all just rushed in trying to out damage one another has gotten everyone so used to not having a TANK they have no clue what one is supposed to actually do.
  12. Kai El Well-Known Player

More so, when Tanks jump in before everyone is ready. It's kind of difficult for me to explain unless you've actually seen them do it. For example: directly after a cutscene is over, the tank would just jump in the fray before anyone is ready. Whether they are looking at their loot drops or whatever, they'll just go. I don't know if that was clearer for you.
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I don't think he means every mob in the room.

I think he means every mob in the room... and the next room... and the next room all at once.... then moving to the next group of mobs.... and next group of mobs....... not letting the chance for the group to even finish the first group of mobs to begin with.

But I could be mistaken. ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. Kai El Well-Known Player

This ^.
  15. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Soloing content as a tank just means that you have nothing else to do and have time to waste. I don't care cause in theory it's possible for most content so I'm not surprised at all.

And tanks running ahead pulling all the ads is just stupid. When I heal and the tank does that, I let them die not because I hate them, because they gonna die regardless and I ain't gonna spam a whole powerbar just for you. I'm pretty sure the ads are spread apart so they won't get drawn in easily. And as dpsing goes, I just chill and wait for tank to stop moving and then start burning like I don't care.
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I do that some times lol, when I pick my loot I have already seen what I got so I dont need more time looking at loot so Im good to go, to move on through the instance + I dont like wasting time. I came in to do the raid not stand around :p

Now I will stop moving if someone says 'brb' or '1 sec pls'

and if anyone goes on without us then thats on them lmao.

as far as people running ahead, I'll let em die, I usually try to beat ppl to adds, but (taking your example) JFA the hallways are super speed friendly and I can tend to run up the walls and do circles around the walls, so if I do tank or heal and ppl run ahead, GGs :p

I usually tbag ppl who run ahead only to die.
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'd never do that in this game.. besides being shear suicide on most of the maps the rooms are spaced out with long even winding corridors that would make even trying it impossible.

NOW Keep in mind I used to play City of Heroes.... There one room was only separated from another by a doorway and the game and the defenses players had were designed to do almost exactly what you just described. A "GOOD" tank would head out and aggro an entire floor and then pull them back to a chosen spot where the rest of the team would be waiting. The mobs would all be blasting away at the tank while the rest of the team killed them all. Floor cleared... head upstairs or down and repeat until nothing was left in the entire building but the boss to deal with. oh yeah and that was AFTER a big nerf. When the game first went live Fire Tanks (yes they had them in COH too) could do the same thing in a huge outdoor area.. Tons of mobs would be pulled to that one spot and the Fire tanks attacks were so strong he could kill them all himself.... that last part is what got nerfed. :( No one else was getting to do anything

Now HERE on DCUO I have grabbed aggro on an entire room with my Atomic Tank and then stood with them all around me. My combo attacks stunning them, knocking them on their collective butts, and damaging them while my aura keeps my health up and power as well.

Sadly not all tanks work as well which explains why the OP is complaining. Hey even with my Atomic knowing what I am capable of doing I STILL coordinate with the team before I jump in and tick every thing in room off. I can survive but a lot of those minion have AoE attacks and half your team can be dead before they even realize you started the attack.. Its called team work and unfortunately we have a bunch of players that have no clue how that works..