NOW AVAILABLE: The Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Wowlock1903 New Player

So are ques still longer than 2 hours and even then not guaranteed to find a group for a new player or an alt ? just before the Stat Rewamp, I was leveling my Sinestro Corps light guy. I just reached cr 43 when the Rewamp hit...now, I cannot find anyone in Ques and cannot get marks other than running solos or Duos all day and they are limiting as hell for new characters. I wanted to get into Kahndaq as it was the first raid, right ? ....3 days, each took 2-3 hours, NO QUE POP-IN !

So if the Rewamp's object was to kill the new players advancement or kill alts ? mission accomplished. I honestly don't think I can even reach the Fight for the Light zone and gear for my guy before next year at this rate.
    • Like x 2
  2. Wburner44 New Player

We all have different experiences. I made a brand new character after the revamp and easily got into raid groups, alert groups and duos easily.
    Maybe it's the time you play?
  3. Pher Active Player

OK, so after a couple of weeks, here are my experiences and thoughts on the revamp. I have three toons ( Troll/DPS - 206, Tank - 201, Healer - 201 ), all with 337 SP.

For the most part, I'm enjoying it, but there are a few more teaks I think should happen, which is to be expected. Most end content can be finished in similar time as before the revamp, except raids are taking a little longer ( 18 mins as opposed to 11 minutes - new regular raids ). I don't really run older content, so I can't comment on that and defer to those who do.

DPSING
    As far as I've experienced the powers are the most balanced they've been since I started the game ( November 2014 ). However, there are a few powers ( Earth, Rage, Nature and Electricity ) that are hitting noticeably harder than the rest. I myself have put many hours of testing into my main DPS ( first with Mental and now with Quantum ). I can produce about 12-13kdps on three sparring targets consistently with Quantum and could get about 14-15k consistently with Mental. I don't use SC's or trinkets when I test. I believe these numbers are respectable. However, when running content with other knowledgeable, skilled, end content players, who are using one of the four above mentioned powers, the damage disparity is anywhere from 10-40%. Earth being the most noticeable to me. I've Q'd up and been on some runs with Earth dps spamming Jack Hammer, who have 3000 LESS might than I and still produce about 20%+ more damage. This clearly isn't about skill, when as I said, he ( and pretty well every other Earth DPS I've seen since the revamp ) spam one attack mostly. So these four powers ( especially Earth ) need to be adjusted. But, as I said, the balance between the powers is FAR better than before. Previously, a top tier Mental, Ice, Munitions, etc. DPS in the same raid as a top tier Nature DPS would have a disparity of at least 100%, so good job to the devs for the improvement, let's just finish by addressing those few powers.

As before the revamp, there will be a highest damaging loadout for each power and that's what most people will be looking to find out, figure out and master. This hasn't changed since before the revamp and that would take a lot more meticulous attention to detail and testing with the powers to truly create multiple, same damaging loadouts. I will agree that there are definitely more options with a power now to create loadouts with similar damage, but there will always will be that one that is the best ( or at least one that's the best for adds and one for bosses, but that existed with some AM's as well ).

TANKING
    I created my first tank toon with the anniversary gift and have thoroughly enjoyed tanking before AND since the revamp. So far, I only have experience with Atomic. My loudout and how I use it is the same and my experience is virtually the same. So no complaints on the tanking for Atomic. I didn't have a problem with them removing one Group Breakout, because I only used one anyways and they kept the one I use ( Neutrino Blast ). I'm thankful that the Atomic Combos DO NOT knockdown/interrupt the NPC's, nor do they counter as a result. I'm getting countered far less and with the additional 2 seconds that my aura is up, I can now actively counter like other tank powers, so thank you.

HEALING
    I created my first healer toon with the anniversary gift and have thoroughly enjoyed healing before AND since the revamp. So far, I only have experience with Celestial. This toon is mainly for healing, so I have less experience and knowledge on the DPSing with Celestial, but from what I can see, it's fine. I have spec'd into power quite a bit, so power isn't an issue for me and the HOTS are good, along with the complimenting burst heals. I can solo heal the new regular raids no problem. I can't comment on the other healer powers, other than to say that my friends and league mates who use Sorcery seem very disappointed with the healing. I have noticed they use a lot of power. Nature heals aren't as OP as they were before, but seem to be fine nonetheless.

TROLLING
    I'm still working on this. The loudout I'm using is basically the same as before the revamp. However, the biggest issue I have, is that the trolls got the short end of the stick with the revamp. The critical bonuses in the stats points tree is much lower than for dpsing or healing. Pot is higher than before because it ticks every two seconds, rather than every 4 seconds and before we were capped at 793 base pot. Now you can produce 440+ pot every two seconds, making that the equivalent of 880 every four seconds, which is more than before the stats revamp. HOWEVER, there is a MUCH HIGHER demand on power than before because the dps want to be able to use their highest damaging l/o's and this can only be done when there is a troll. Because some of the support roles are also struggling with power management, the trolls are now relegated to being "power batteries" as they were before. The problem is that even with having a 205 troll with almost 7000 base vit, and even if I spam my power dump ability, I still can't keep up sometimes with the power demand and when I ran JFAe the other day, we needed one of the dps to also go troll. I had to use far more sodas than previous to the revamp. One of the group's members asked me to keep the defence debuff on Per Degaton, but I explained to him that my Heal debuff is my Supercharge generator and popping Event Horizon is the fast way to power everyone up. So I was simply hitting my heal debuff and in between, spamming Temporal Extortion. Kinda boring and lacking far less skill than before the revamp ( when I could solo troll everything in the game with ease...but I am a very experienced troll ).

My suggestions would be to make the group power heal abilities that affect the four lowest players include the troll themselves. Also, increase the points available in the Stats Points tree for the criticals and boost the bonus on the neck mod ( Escalating Replenishing Procs ). Simple put, the trolls need to be able to produce more power for everyone ( pot needs to be higher ), including themselves.

My other issue with the trolling, is the lack of "controlling". I thought the goal was to increase this part of the trolling role. I find now, that stuns are broken out of quicker. I am glad that none of the troller stuns can't be pulled by the tank, so thanks. That's just more helpful to the team. But, I would like to see stuns from trolls last longer, especially if your toon has high dom. There seems to be a cap on the stun effect once you hit the suggested dom amount. Why not allow us to stun longer if we have more? I think there could be more creativity to make trolling more fun and not just ( or even mainly ) about giving power.

My suggestion would be to change the "Power Strategist" mod to a mod that has chance to control a boss for a short time, that would be worth getting the 8 pieces of Elite gear and make the power dump apply to the troll as well.

My experience is that this game does not require more skill with the revamp than before ( relating to PFTT ). For example, Mental, using the 3 Mass, 2 PI loadout, was far more complex and had much more room for error than any current PFTT Mental loadout. I haven't experienced much with Weapon Only or Hybrid l/o's, so perhaps those might require more skill.

Lastly, I enjoyed the game with AM and I'm enjoying it now with the revamp. One isn't better than the other, they are different. Some might prefer one over the other, but it's not fair to project that your preference is superior than another's. If someone prefers AM, that's fine and that's not inferior. They are not "AM babies" or whatever other derogatory names that have surfaced. That kind of engagement is simply narrow minded and rather self-righteous.

Let's try to respect each other's opinions and offer intelligent and constructive feedback for the community and the devs.

Cheers!
    • Like x 1
  4. DcuoProdigy New Player

Where is survival mode??? Only thing thats still fun to do in this game...
  5. Vanessa33335 Level 30

So any news about rework on instances alerts and specially raids or the game is the same shi$#...?
    • Like x 3
  6. Grumpy Wookiee New Player

So decided to come back & try the game again after their latest patch update to the stats revamp... FAIL!!!!! games still ruined. A CR47 Grundy should not be able to withstand the damage of a CR103 & then knock out a CR103. My character used to be able to solo Grundy. Now Grundy is stomping all over my character. Way to make my "hero" feel like a fourth rate sidekick.
    • Like x 5
  7. Thunder/3030 New Player

Everyone Whining Game is infinetly easy CR does not matter Skill points do, I have 152sp Game even easer for those with more with SP300 or more Should help make game better bye helping the community i see ppl always asking for help Game does not Play itself learning who to mod gear is hard if u do not know wt u are doing. This game is a team game if u do not help the community your whines are useless and self-defeating PS. i hardley ever lose power know no one taught me but i will Help Those Who will listen (TheousThunder)in US/PS Server, PM me if u need Help Iwill Try To Teach what i know
  8. Blazerlolo New Player

This update hurt much more than any time before.
    I have 0 damage.
    i have to go 2-3 tier with CR179
    Set it back please!
    • Like x 4
  9. NightSpells New Player

I preferred the game before the revamp . I mean, I hate it now . If DCUO took a vote . Wonder where the community would side . Revamp or no revamp ?
    • Like x 4
  10. Irmensul Well-Known Player

now you don't even see what the powers do its too much hassle to read it like that it was better before with the power tree screen
  11. rimvader Well-Known Player

NO, not all, I WANT TO STEAM ROLL CONTENT 50+CR BENEATH ME BECAUSE NO ONE IS RUNNING F.O.S. 1,2, or 3 'FULL' RAIDS FOR RARE STYLES IN THE CHEST like KRYPTONIAN SLIM CHEST STYLE, for one example. And on-level players can't run the content because they don't know how and die too quick to. I played non-mmo games that had a "plus mode" when you clear the game the first time, now you can play with some or all upgrades, and it was still fun. so WAS the old content here. :(
    • Like x 2
  12. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

content 50+cr beneath an end tier 206cr player well DWF suggested cr is 162 thats 44cr beneath an end tier player and i dont think we should steamroll it. I dont agree what so ever on that comment as i dont believe we should be able to steam roll DWF.

As for old content its still super easy we took an alert group into prime at suggested cr 70ishcr and are capable of beating it (although tech may be glitched we couldnt see his AOE's and they could one shot)

if new player cant beat the content then that is how they learn they go in there and try until they get the mechanics same way some of us did when the content was relevent same way we do now when new content drops.

When end tier players can steamroll that how we get back to people skipping content because theyll que with a low level group smash through it and none of those player will get any experience out of it that how we have so many deadbeat players at end game currently pug groups are absolutely terrible because so many people got to skip content due to end game player steam rolling all their content for them. Its why so many groups experienced so much trouble in DWF because majority of what left of the community skipped Happiness Home players who ran HH already knew all the bosses mechanics and it was simple
  13. NightshroudFujiwara New Player

40 days in, I understand far better why the revamp was necessary. Now read the word - "necessary" - not "perfect", "amazing" or any other superlative - just necessary.

Today I entered a Throne of The Dead raid. We had a CR 140 controller with 78 skill points so even if he was the best player at CR 140 in the game, his power costs/regeneration would have made his character useless even in a Tier 2 Raid. There was a CR 124 (water) DPS with 49 skills. Both had to be picked up multiple times and the raid was disbanded.

Personally I would rather think about anything except skill points as mine are too low (CR 195 with 193 skill points) but it was worrying to me that despite the revamp being 5 weeks old we still have underpowered characters entering raids.

For example - the CR 124 with 49 skill points - how did that character even get above CR 80? It should have been impossible but high CR carrying people must have given him a free ride before revamp. That can not be a good thing. Nor is it good that as a CR 124 he now must feel too weak to contribute - that is 2 fails from one broken mechanic (CR differential).

So how do we solve the problem of players not knowing how to read the Feat page, gaining the ability to complete the feats, finding good groups for the multiplayer content and joining the admittedly lucky few who took the steps to avoid relying on CR to solve everything?

I used to be that guy BTW. I came back to the game a year ago at CR 74 with 50 skill points, I got to CR 130 with no league, just random queuing in 6 weeks. Then I played a duo - I think it was the one where you fight Jared, and the CR 95 I played with told me I was a noob for having only 89 skill points - and he was right - I hated seeing the words but he was right.

After that week I started collecting feats. It was hard. I went to do Home Turf feats and I died a lot, I still played raids and alerts but ironically because I had been carried in those raids I had all of those feats - I lacked most of the alert feats though. But what I found was - being determined to get those feats made me understand the game better. The first time I fought the Ace Chemical bounty (at the time 40 CR below my 130) and it destroyed me but I learned something.

There are so many feats in the game tied to individual work that if low skilled players went after them, they would get loot AND wisdom. I realize as well that beating the Ace bounty solo is impossible for a CR 130 now. But if people developed shared goals to chase instead of waiting in the Hall of Doom or Watchtower for a Tier 2 raid to be ready, they might find the enjoyment they are missing.

One problem I see is Combat Rating. That dumb number makes people feel stronger when it goes up but mostly you're the same strength with more content to play. It should probably be removed completely and just institute a level system. (which would allow content to follow storylines better - like how can any version of Wonder Woman/Circe be weaker than Black Canary or Deathstroke? The inconsistent strengths of bosses in this game always drives me nuts)

The point of this post was simply to inform those that gained CR too quickly that they can "fix" their characters if they find the motivation. And yes - it will take time to get skill points - any feat for a style, or doing a task that has a "random" element will annoy the hell out of you. It doesn't mean you give up. Hopefully the average skill point level improves a bit in the near future.
  14. VariableFire Loyal Player

Everything just said has been said after every revamp by someone.
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

they also say we don't have balance. its all about what power you switch to.
  16. sweetbabysabes Active Player

Everyone on here has a good point and has their own opinion. Again, I'll say that as a father, who works many hours, has sports with kids, and actual real life, I get on here to play a game that is about being a super hero, or villain. I used to feel like one. I enjoy being able to help newer players who need to learn. I also enjoyed playing on my alts and lvling them up to see what they can do too. My main has 312 SP and I have played since day 1. Not really caring about others opinions, but for me, I get on for a hour or so to get rid of stress and enjoy the game world. I don't care to join raids half done and still spend an hour to watch it get disbanded. Many, Many, Many people have left, some have spoken, others just found other games. I'm in between at this point. Hate to walk away from something I put so much time over the years into. However, I can't stand that over half this content cannot be completed even with a full group. I do not care what anyone says. 201 cr should not be dropped by a 100 cr lower tier. Those that want a harder game, ask the devs to make you a server dedicated to all day play. I'm sick of trying to find 1 piece in a TC drop that I can't buy, open, or trade for cuz people ask 100 mil. I just want the feat to get closer to a skill point. Most are concerned about how much bank they have. I can't even get people to read when you que up when I wanna try for a feat. first death, half of them flee. I guarantee the devs do not play this game without god mode. IF they did, they would see really quick that when you block against a 56 cr below you and it 2 hits you, there's a problem. Actually fix the bugs, make the hero's/villains feel like they're super powered again. Game can be good again. Do away with Cr all together, open up all the tiers to everyone and make some of the gear to complete stuff easier and maybe it's worth the time. However, I can't wait 3 hours in LFG asking for help with M-bot. My real life does come into play. So when 3/4 of your community plays for fun, when they can, I think maybe you want to make the majority happier vs. those that don't like how easy something is. Take your gear off, then play. Have fun. Hopefully I'll see most of you in game with a better version of this game soon. Otherwise, Injustice 2 and State of decay 2 and anthem is where I guess I'll be heading shortly. Just my opinion and thoughts. NO offense to anyone.

Be kind to everyone, show patience to them, and remember you were a newb at one point to
    • Like x 6
  17. monaka Well-Known Player

SP does not contribute more than 10% to your overall stats. It is not necessary to have good amount of SP to be able to clear content.

Any player can play at end game and still be competitive without having tons of SP.

You can clear any content in this game provided you use some common sense and learn a bit of mechanics.

The revamp did nothing to make SP more valuable, it's just how it used to be and how it will continue to be.
  18. RockNFire Level 30

Yep...bad decisions and worse implementation......going on...well....since the change to DBG.
    9 months to make and drop this load on the server.....and they nerf powers before fixing the ones THEY broke in the "Revamp" :rolleyes:

Dey Break Games....seems obvious to me.

Every day this "Team" makes it easier to not want to log in.
    • Like x 3
  19. Jason Rage Active Player

The issues
    The issues you described have not been a problem that i have experienced in 6 years of daily play. Therefore, i declare your point to be invalid and of no use to me. Thank you, and have a pleasant day.
  20. Aaron159Z Well-Known Player

Yeah I hate cr and dominance and combat rating take it away. I have no attentions playing my alts just to increase their cr and dominance, already have enough struggle leveling my main character's cr with that annoying grinding. Why marks of victory and more are so freaking high? I am not spending 100 and more to 80 to 70 to 50 to 130 for a freaking item. The npcs only reward you once for marks of victory and other payment for completing their task.
    • Like x 1