Ice DPS loadout - nice numbers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Xibo, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Xibo Loyal Player

I've found this loadout some minutes ago, I wish that can help. Enjoy. Credits by Dirty Mop
    • Like x 1
  2. Prosser Dedicated Player

I tried this out last night in JFAr and USr, it did alright. I mean I was able to keep ahead of other low end powers, but I certainly wouldn't call it insane numbers. Still lost to the usual powers.
    • Like x 1
  3. Deathmike Devoted Player

I'm confused. In the title of the video it says "insane numbers," but in the title of the thread it says "nice numbers."
    Well.. which one is it? Insane or just nice?:confused:

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 4
  4. LanternEX Level 30

Same loadout I use, except I run snow devil instead of boulder.
    I'm sure boulder does much better for DPS than devil, I'll try it later and give my feedback.
  5. LanternEX Level 30

I approve this loadout, I'm doing 1k more dps in 20 seconds.
    Anyone have a better suggestion??
  6. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

Wintry Tempest - Reflection - Ice Boulder Strike - Arctic Gust - Avalanche - Elemental

Elemental Loadout :
    Wintry Tempest - Reflection - Ice Boulder Strike - Arctic Gust - Avalanche - Snow Devil

Clip Tempest to Reflection, Ice Boulder - Avalanche - Gust

Avalanche is the bread and butter of the loadout, when it's up, use it. You'll get interrupted some but not much, cast Gust all the time and cast Boulder when you want to.

As long as you also keep Tempest going you'll put out nice damage and usually all you're doing is juggling ads so Reflection is really just for those oh s&@t times. You could switch it out but it's actually extremely useful nowadays.

Keep the rotation up and as long as you're in a group of CR's like yours you'll always be on top.

I never get out dps'd unless there's another dps with more than 3 pieces of omnipotent gear. Even then I'm usually neck and neck with them.

I also know the loadout like the back of my hand which helps a lot. I'm fairly certain most powers can be godlike as long as you know what you're doing with them.

I think the only other powers that have ever really caught my eye are Earth, Nature, Electricity, Fire, and Gadgets just because I've seen some insane damage come from a few players that really knew what they were doing.

Hope this helps.
  7. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Frost blast is better than boulder strike in my opinion. And blizzard also gets you more dps than ice elemental. My loadout is tempest, cold snap, snow devil, frost blast, arctic gust, and blizzard
  8. jam2315 New Player

I was ice since beta and never changed til after revamp. Numbers just too low no matter what i tried. Thinking about switch back tho bt i wanna see what kind of numbers a fully modded 206 with all OP pieces can do with it. Im pretty sure they cant keep up with earth or nature but just how close can they stay....hmmm....my problem with earth is that im on PC and its not really a gaming PC so anytime there is alot of animations my toon will automatically jump out of jackhammer. Its so annoying bc i lose so much dps and everyones like how the crap are u not top on boards everytime
  9. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

A fully modded 206 with all OP pieces would do exactly as you'd expect, wreck ****.

That answer fits for whatever power they're using. I find it hard to believe anyone would get to 206 with full OP and not know how to use their power to it's utmost.....just sayin...
  10. Tarif Committed Player

Im 205 with 2 OP pieces, 306 SPs and fully modded. Ice was my favorite power because of how fluid it always has seemed. Even during the flavor of the month periods we went through for years.
    I respec'd yesterday, something I thought I would not do. Ice is not the same. At best, it is a medium power set now, with cool downs on powers that have completely changed even the way it feels. Its held back, slow, and clunky.
    Its horrible to what they have done to it. I dont care if its not the most OP power ever in the game, but it needs some serious adjustments made to it for it to feel like itself again. I would like to see a Dev start work on it, and balance our powers better.
  11. firerob Level 30

ice good power i like ice, but now it s dead , no damage ,loadout very slow :(((
  12. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

I don't know what you guys are talking about, ice is dead, slow, etc.

I **** with ice and I'm not even that powerful a player.

If ANYONE wants a lesson hit me up in game - TheKeefMasta

I'll be more than happy to instruct.
    • Like x 1
  13. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I agree I was beating other dps this whole week in raid runs the whole week. Ice isn't weak at all, I love ice and plan on staying ice until game shuts down
    • Like x 1
  14. xD25x Dedicated Player

Anyone in this thread who is saying that they miss the ice am days is insane. Ice am was the worst designed playstyle I have ever encountered. It took no skill. Absolutely no skill to spam artic gust. As someone who played ice before am I will say that the ice am killed my love for the powerset.
  15. Apolloin Well-Known Player

AM with any power was pretty easy, but you're right ice dps in AM era was super-easy mode. But I've been ice for 5 years so I didn't just jump on the bandwagon.