Most Accomplished Free-To-Play Player?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by TheLoneLantern, Nov 4, 2013.

1. EzioNight New Player

Lol see but, don't touch!
  2. BigAl Devoted Player

Win that dang tournament and I'll be impressed with you. ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. Johnnylagz117 New Player

Nice but aren't we supposta frown on ppl who do thins? Lol.

Good for you though must of needed help from others sometimes ? Congrats .
  4. DaMexicanOreo New Player

Well, I was thinking of going legendary as soon as I hit 100 sp, but hey, you set a new goal towards me ^^. Hope you don't mind.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLoneLantern New Player

Nope, good luck!
    • Like x 1
  6. DaMexicanOreo New Player

By the way, how do you not get the urge to be legendary? I have the money but my primary goal was to reach 100 sp before i go legendary. It irks in my mind XD, and plus your friends are mostly higher tiered :p
  7. JouieStaromana New Player

Finally, I have been searching for a thread like this in forever.

I'm also F2P. I have never purchased any sort of membership or subscription. No DLC's either.

My CR is currently 87 PVE, 86 PVP (don't really care for PVP). Only 75SP.
    I am focusing on increasing my CR. Have been for the past year I have been playing. I play DAILY, for at least two hours.
    I currently have the T4 Stag gear with purchased synthetic IV's in my red sockets (I'm a fire DPS). F2P players can purchase these.
    For some reason, the synthetic V's do not meet the cash cap for F2P players, however, the vendor does not allow me to purchase them... sad day.

P.S. - It also took me about 6 months to get a set of full T4 gear from the vendors. Pretty much had to run Inner Sanctum daily. Was always peeing in my pants with excitement when Thursday rolled along. The weekly reward gave out 625 MoT. lmaoo. Jackpot.

My other sockets have mixed III mods.
    I have a helpful league that gave me equipment interface III's, which costs more than the F2P cash cap.

http://www.dcuolive.com/Character/Show?CharacterId=562949955500092&WorldId=2

Cheating, perhaps? Hey, if I help my league, I feel like I should get my back scratched too, no?

T4 gear has a CR of 78, the weapon being CR 70. So with the synthetic IV's, they give me a +11 boost in item level.
    The III mods give me only a boost of +5 in item level. I suppose I can fill in those with synthetic IV's, but then I would deal with the dilemma of socket affinity bonuses, or just straight up filling them with synthetic reds. If I do fill them with synthetic IV's, my CR would go up to 89. But I have been reluctant to waste marks on them because I want to eventually fill them assembled VI mods.

Anyway, for the past few weeks, I have focused on farming bits in order to get enough to make VI mods.
    When I get enough, I would get all the parts and ask one of my league mates to make the mod and give it to me.
    Mind you, I cannot trade or send/accept attachments via mail. I have been working with my league via our league bank (happy loophole!).
    I know it seems like a huge waste to mod T4 gear with VI mods, but hey, I'm working the system.

I do not know how much of an item level buff the VI mods would give me though. Haven't really looked into it. But perhaps they'll push me past CR90 if I fully mod my gear with VI mods.

I do not plan on purchasing any membership in the future. I STILL ENJOY PLAYING THIS GAME AS A F2P PLAYER.
    I do find it a challenge, even with the help of my league.

To conclude, I enjoy this game as a free game. I constantly look at the AH for cheap collections under $1500 that I have yet to find, as well as those super rare bits/bytes that people post under $1500 (THANK YOU). And I enjoy doing so.

I am in love with this thread, and was surprised to find that there aren't many like it out there. I went through 8 pages of Google searches before I gave up. lol. But I came across this one somehow.

Anyone else that is F2P can add/tip for me and other F2P people out there? Much appreciated. Also, kudos to the OP.
    • Like x 2
  8. Gold noodle New Player

Wait,so if you have pvp cr 82. And the max amount of money for FTP is 1500. And pvp gear and weapons are 2000+ how did you get around that?
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I am guessing you missed the date of the OP, a lot of things have changed since then.
  10. JouieStaromana New Player

The PVP gear is like $1450 or something now. However, I was more concerned at the time with my PVE gear. I barely play PVP.

I should update as well that PSN gave me a free $10 for no reason, and therefore, I gave in and bought a single DLC (SoT). So I am no longer a F2P player! GASP! lol
  11. Gold noodle New Player

Ok,um what's OP again and what exactly has changed?
  12. Gold noodle New Player

Where exactly can I find this 1450 pvp gear, I've found some but it was low level stuff but it only got me to lvl 20. Keep in mind we might not be on the same server I'm on USPC. Things are different here.
  13. Eternity's_Girl Committed Player

Wow, you really do like to necro really old threads.
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

In this case, 'OP' stands for 'Original Post/er'
    • Like x 1
  15. Gold noodle New Player

I'm trying to actively seek some knowledge I guess it's hopeless now. Things have changed for the worst for f2p players. We can't reach great heights such as his. I guess I'll be stuck at Pve Cr 82 and pvp cr 20 until I'm old enough to be able to use PayPal and all that ****.
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

OP = Original Post.

At the time this thread was done the pricing for PVP armor was different, more like PVE armor, all items were able to be purchased by any account type.

I believe it was when they started season 3 of PVP that they changed the gear again by eliminating the starter cash only gear and also raising all the cash prices for the remaining gear. This essentially made PVP gear a membership thing but they do have the boosts so people really didn't need it.
  17. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

18. LanternEX Level 30

I just had the urge to bump this just to remind the new players and the vets how far this game has came along :)