The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Penryn, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Shifty Committed Player

Ikr lol, also I feel like using mines in a hybrid l.o just slows you down, something I may need to try myself tho
  2. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Yeah the cast bars definitely slow you down slightly. That's the least of their downsides though imo. I think it's more significant that jumping/moving or clipping with a trinket/soder/beneficial ability breaks the mine cast. That takes a lot of flexibility out of your rotation. I started off using both mines for melee but switched to only using either IMine+Gauss or EMP+TMine so that I have fewer cast bars in my rotation.
    • Like x 1
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

Dunno how the modding is but replacing some white mods with power mods and modding for more x + Power SF might me reasonable. In group content one should also always consider eight supply drops and colas (in a good group, a bad one would probably pop 5 supplies at the same time).
    Sounds reasonable to me. Might try it if I get my hands on some good bow.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

IMine was annoying at first at how many times I cancelled it, but I got used to it now. On the other hand, turret can be cancelled if you hit another power, which is the ONLY cast power I know that is like that. :/
    • Like x 1
  5. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Yeah Turret cast seems to be cancellable by weapon combos too after half the cast bar. I'd prefer if the cast was just half as long and more stable, but I'm not going to request any changes there because I don't want to screw up the Turret clipping option.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I'll probably get flak for this. But, the idea of turret clipping kind of goes against the other clipping changes.
  7. Predicament Well-Known Player

always 2nd or 3rd least amount of power used in a raid, its not power consuming at all and I'm always receiving the precision buff from trolls because i use so little power. Tested raid last night with first OP piece, 22min run 1040000 damage, 306K power in
  8. Predicament Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Here are the results of US run about 3 nights ago, 3rd least power in, only used 10k more power than troller. 2nd place DPS tripled my power usage and 3rd place double my power usage. So just basing off the video with no troll its hard to see, but these numbers don't lie.
  9. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Is that with one or two Trolls? Thanks for the clarification.
  10. Perdition Committed Player

looks like 2 trolls if i check the scorecard. 1 player has 1.79mil the other player has 600k
  11. Predicament Well-Known Player

I formed this LFG group so it had two trolls after the first boss, the other two dps were struggling with power so the 2nd troll switched back to troll from DPS. I have been pushing 2/2/3/1 groups for raids since revamp came out and if im lead i will always LFG for that particular group make up. I have been invited multiple times with 1 troll as well and still don't struggle with power. Like i've stated before, my damage is way higher in raids than when i parse by myself in a league hall, low power consumption always gives me precision boost.
    • Like x 1
  12. Predicament Well-Known Player

True but there are no other options that hit as hard as implosion, plus it cost 100 power, the pros out weight the cons in my opinion, when it hits harder than dart and vortex for 1/3 the costs with .5 second dove tail.... I'll take it
  13. Predicament Well-Known Player

There are other options than bow, 1h into dual flurry hits a little harder but I don't like the positioning I have to do with it and I lose damage when I jump to reposition and accidentally cancel a mine cast, if you have low SP staff slam is a great option, no need for WM crosses
  14. jflusson Well-Known Player

The turret clip is nice but not worth choosing over robot sidekick
    • Like x 2
  15. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Late to the party: Was/is there any justification on why the turret self-destructs in a short amount of inactivity?
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

For the purposes of the Revamp, Suppressor Turret is considered a temporary pet power. That puts it in the same category as Snow Devil and Swarm.

When the first version of Gadgets Revamp went to test, Shin-O-B made Suppressor Turret an immortal temporary pet. His experience with Suppressor Turret was that the mortal version was dying very easily in his play testing. The trade-off for making it immortal was that it had to become a temporary pet. That version of Suppressor Turret was 450 base power cost and self-destructed 15 seconds after summoning it. That version had a very long cooldown too. None of the players liked that version of Suppressor Turret and complained a lot about it. Suppressor Turret wasn't revisited until near the end of the Revamp process.

Suppressor Turret eventually had its power cost lowered and was turned into a PI consuming pet. Since players didn't like Turret blowing up after only 15 seconds, it was made mortal again. Since it was still considered a temporary pet, it was adjusted to self-destruct after you've been out of combat for some "reasonable" period of time.

So, that's how we ended up with the current version of Suppressor Turret.
    • Like x 1
  17. Golden Tanager Level 30

Hi all, this will be my first post ever. Been playing since free to play came about and I'm a longtime gadgets player. Ive been following Dark's thread and now this one too

Anywho, I saw that someone asked suppressor turret. And I had a question. In GoM do you guys have a problem with WW and Circe beating on him for no reason?

Also I'm typing on my phone, if I can get some insight on formatting and font size that would be helpful.

Thanks
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Welcome to the Gadgets guide.

Circe and Wonder Woman do a lot of weird stuff in GoM. You'll sometimes see them attacking the lava. I wouldn't be surprised if they started attacking a Suppressor Turret.

If you have Javascript enabled, you can alter your post font family/size with the WYSIWYG editor.
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Some minor updates from the latest Test build:
    -The Dominance check on Implosion Mine is working correctly.
    -Photon Blast can be re-targeted in mid-attack.

Here's a tip for the outdoor Halloween event: You can use Fear Gas to make short work of the apparitions if you hit 2 or less. If you hit of a group of 3 or 4, you'll end up doing 0 damage because of splitting rules.
  20. Frankzilla Committed Player

I am here to save the day for all you gadgets dps. I have officially came up with a very effective loadout and rotation. My loadout from left to right.

Stealth,fear gas, implosion mine, thermite mine, emp, and self destruct signal.

Stealth loadout; neo venom boost, thermite mine, cuffs, implosion mine, emp, self destruct signal.

will upload video soon for clear rotation purposes.

but so you can get started now try this
    thermite mine/ emp/ fear gas/ implosion mine/ thermite mine/ emp/implosion mine/stealth/ thermite mine/cuffs/ emp/ fear gas/ implosion mine/ thermite mine/ emp. also never use stealth directly after emp it will make you drop stealth and end up a waste of power.

good luck have fun video coming soon. enjoy the massive gadgets burn :) in game name for any questions Hunid Bandz remember who saved the day

edit forgot to mention the use of self destruct signal it give you the ability to use the mines in a mid range sinerio with out putting you self in danger in end game content test the range and get use to it enjoy.