I'm sorry to tell you this...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LighTning Emperor, Aug 26, 2017.

1. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

no reason to be release if it's still a work in progress
    • Like x 4
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Consoles have to test it too, duh
    • Like x 1
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

More feedback from live server since people didn't want to get on test server then turned around and complained how bad it was.
    • Like x 2
  4. Not Mad New Player

I pay my sub to play the entire game, not just the last dlc, going in and killing everything by just looking at it is not fun at all, and honestly I dont see what the problem is, old content is still extremely easy to beat. You can still solo all the t1-13 and 2-3 man the rest.
    • Like x 4
  5. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

I am trying to understand all of your comments so please keep your thoughts coming. I can also agree to a certain point in the fact this is almost like a new born baby again and it has to mature but there are also things I know won't be fixed for a LONG time from past experience with the dev team of DCUO.
  6. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

righttttttttttttt
  7. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Yeah I think they did something wrong when it comes to how your power scales with your gear. It feels like it runs out twice as fast with pve gear though. But what's funny is that you have way more power in pve gear than PvP but PvP power lasts longer. Very weird indeed.
  8. Arew Lore New Player

Hi All. This is my first post. Instead of playing the game I've decided to post my frustrations.

First: since the revamp I (and many others) are unable to pass a lot of the content; I'm aware of what was posted before. Have anyone played an eight person raid lately? I don't think this was the aim but yet is a consequence. In fine-tuning the game it appears that you have completely ignored how the game is being played by most gamers.

Second: I've come to learn why and how marks of victory have come about by reading though the many various pages on so many issues. I will add my two cents to that which you already know,: the current scheme is ridiculous.

Third: Raids/on-duty missions, the bulk of the game, which requires a certain CR level to be able to play the first place, is absolutely unpassable by those players whom the tier is meant to played by. Al these little issues seems so lame, ridiculous. Please fix this as soon as possible.

in playing other aspects of the game, I can see where the game is heading, which makes me excited. However, with all of these issues I find myself more frustrated then satisfied, and that is n experience a lot of players are having.
    • Like x 1
  9. Streven Dedicated Player

Most instances should be passable if you learn and play the mechanics. If they truly can't be passed with a balanced group playing the mechanics then individual instances need to be documented, preferably with video, and forwarded to the dev team. That is the best way to actually get action on your feedback.

Your post will likely just get a response of L2P without you providing any factual evidence.
    • Like x 2
  10. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

It's what I LIKE about Warframe and GW2, there is advancement without an increase to CR. The WHOLE game allows me to advance my character through systems. I can play the beginning missions and the most recent and they matter to the character that has achieved access to end game content. Achieving end game content access allows me to experience those games differently through different systems of utilizing build mechanics or different powers/characters and advancing unlocked systems like crafting in a meaningful way that has stacks of up to 500 in a special material inventory or no cap at all to materials. :p It's why I quit DCUO many times, and probably for good, last year.

PacMan had tier progression without CR increases..... It required completing content. Not a CR score.

I've got to admit it's a bit annoying having to grind content in GW2 to get the ability to auto-loot again. I'm nearly there. Using experience boosters which I've got 50+ of them in my bank. (playing the game since launch and never used them prior to this new system added to the game)

I hope DCUO 2.0 includes systems inspired by ones used in GW2 and Warframe. I'd play that game a LOT.

:D:p
  11. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

12. JasonIsley Devoted Player

This is pure speculation but I'm sure they will manage to get by without you and the possible handful of others. They have a new power coming out, 2 new planned episodes, the gear and currency system is being reworked for previous tiers. I don't think they're too bothered. Oh and if you're looking for consistency, you should check out my new album coming out this Tuesday: Bye Felicia!
    • Like x 2
  13. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Do you need help running anything?
  14. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Again it seems a dev or moderator doesn't want to comment to at least show they pay attention to certain posts.
  15. Streven Dedicated Player

What is there to comment on? This is mostly just people venting. They've already made some really good adjustments and I'm sure will continue to do so. At this point they've given us all the feedback we need. Not every thread needs a Mepps response.
    • Like x 1
  16. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

You have a small point. But there are things that definitely need tweaking.
  17. Streven Dedicated Player

Agreed.
    I agree and we've already seen some key adjustments get made. I think we should keep posting our findings and we can expect to continue seeing changes made.

I know frustrating waiting can be when changes need to be made and with no word from the devs on if it when said changes are coming. I've played fire thru all it's ups and downs. I was earth when earth sucked. I was mental when the AM released and killed it. I was electric and nature while waiting for two years to have adjustments made. I eventually quit playing over those two powers and the horrendously unbalanced game we had by the end of the AM era.

Things are so much better right now then they've been in a long time as far as I'm concerned and changes continue to be happening. I don't see anything that needs a Dev comment here. As long as the appropriate changes keep coming I could care less if they respond to everything in the forums.
    • Like x 2
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

DCUO 2.0 is a player created fantasy that has no root in reality. No such announcements have been made on any official channel nor any unofficial channel by any authorized DBG party. Any and all changes you'd like to see in this game in the future need to be focused on the game that does exist, DC Universe Online, and not on some make believe fairytale. Merely making mention of a future iteration is enough to confuse new players and the less capable thinkers on the forum that there might be a project in the works that doesn't actually exist, and there's already way too much misinformation around these parts.
    • Like x 2
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

A comment is not required to read, nor is it really proof that anything has been read. Having said that, they have already put out a letter detailing some of their plans for the near future, and have already commented on various posts that they are listening to ALL feedback. They don't make changes willy nilly (despite what some may feel), and not all changes are coming overnight. We just had a Game Update that brought many adjustments to earlier content, and they have said that they're continuing to monitor feedback. As they get closer to putting more of their plans in effect, they'll communicate more. Mepps will likely come in here and tell you what i'm already saying, that they are looking at our feedback...but that is unlikely what you actually want to hear. Thing is, they can't tell you how or what they're going to do to address the concerns raised here until they are ready to be dropped...because as you know, plans change...and this forum has shown repeatedly that people don't deal too well with changes in plans.
    • Like x 1
  20. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Agreed