Enter at Own Risk

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Snuffhim Well-Known Player

Well said
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

now realy: THAT ^ realy is a realy bad idea. no. SP is a bonus you can earn if you want to, but is and should never be required.
    if anything, an option were you can say what the bare minimum level, CR or SP is for your group members to Q with would go.
    like, for example: if you Q for every pvp arena (2v2, 4v4, 8v8 etc.) at once, you could choose to only Q with players that are at least lvl 30 (i think that this should be the default setting anyways)... Q random and be in the team with some lvl 18 that not even has unlocked all powers... happens all the time and leads to us loosing allmost guaranteed...
  3. SuperBell Loyal Player

Maybe it's because some ideas are just not good. You know what I find wrong about giving people lifetime membership for free? Drastic cuts in profits and the game having to be shut down.

Depends on how it's used. CR gives stats, and have minimum CR requirements. There are people that grind out max SP then complain how easy everything is. But the devs can't tailor the difficulty to missions based on their stats
    • Like x 2
  4. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Agreed, some ideas are just bad and you may think this in one of them.

I see this as something that is already in game.

Players routinely shout their SP to get into groups. Individuals with lower SP are not preferred to players of higher SP.

'nuf said.
  5. TheDrone Well-Known Player

What people seem to be missing is how little Skill Points contribute to Stats. Feats have always been a big part of this game. The minor increase in Stats you get from them now really doesn't justify the effort put into attaining those feats.
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

It's the only way that makes sense.

Is your armor good enough to take a bit from that dragon? Ok good, c'mon, we're gonna go kill that thing.

It's how games like this work. There's a main way to level up. Ours is based on gear (as many other games are).
    • Like x 1
  7. VariableFire Loyal Player

It's been that way forever though.
    • Like x 1
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

IMHO they need to make a queue system to allow us pick role, CR, SP, powers, everything when we choose to solo queue into content.
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

wait...let me put down my Scotch so I don't spill it laughing...
    "re-reads" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They couldn't / wouldn't fix Nature & Electric for how many years...skipped on Serums after "allegedly" having issues with grapple system. Work 1 year on a revamp that is still at best 85% done, and you think they can or will do that!!!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

we can already pick roles of our characters so that system is already in place, seeing CR is already in place as well on the on-duty screen on the upper right side.

All they would have to do is do something for SP, I dont really care about power selection so much as the rest.

So its not to far fetch to ask for / suggest ;)
  11. DCUO Addict Committed Player

You do see the obvious solution here, right? Form your own group, so you can dictate the members' SP. No need to dictate things for the whole game.
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

People are quick to tell others to "For Their Own Group" when it suits them. ;)
    Not so quick to think of such an option when it does not suit their agenda. ;)

I never saw a community work so hard to try to exclude other players.
    And sadly.... this thread is just the latest example of that. :(

SP is often used to exclude other players.
    It is pretty much a recurrent theme at this point.
    Luckily this time.... people where quick to mention how this was a bad idea. ;)
  13. Terrencify New Player

SPs is like having a resume in this game. If you have enough or bar minimum you get the job. John graduated with a 206 CR and now he has a diploma. So he shouts out for JFA Job which he will become a DPS / TANK / HEAL / TROLL all of these positions are open. Now before he gets in the raid the hiring manager ( Group former - The PST GUY ) says what's your SP ? You think John has 343 sp to stay in the field hell nah. John has 110 sp but the DC community decides since his SP are low af he's gonna die every damn time LOL! boy boy boy... You don't know how many times I've seen people get kicked for having Low SP when the gear is definitely superior John got to 206 somehow and I'm at 198 with 220 sp
  14. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

AS you stated, this is already in game, the community is doing it, regardless if it gets formalized or not.