Enter at Own Risk

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Aug 23, 2017.

1. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

With the stat revamp, stats have became king... or at least in theory. As you know, for years our progression has been based solely on CR. Have a high enough CR, you could get in the instance and be carried hope to complete it and reap the rewards when you did, regardless of how many SP you had.

Since the dynamic has changed, shouldn't what determines if we are qualified for an event change? If SP is the new marker, the one everyone is after, shouldn't it now be used to determine if someone is qualified to enter an instance?

This idea is not new, its been kicked around for years. I can see several advantages to this overall, primarily it would allow players to experience more of the game, having to earn feats in content they may have previously otherwise choose not play, electing to skip it and just run raids to end game content instead.

A secondary benefit would be no more players, at end game content, with 100 SP. For years this too has been a gripe.

Finally, IF stats are indeed king, how can they not be used to determine our overall access to a particular instance?
  2. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

The mantra was "stats matter" ...not "skill points matter".

STATS come primarily from gear.....which determines your CR.
    Mods and skill points supplement your stats but are not the primary source of them.
    • Like x 17
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yeah...that would be a negative OP.
    Simple test, take off 75% all your gear but leave your SP... See how far you get. Now do the opposite, put minimal SP in (let's say just your crits) but keep all your top gear on. Guess which one you'll be more effective doing?

Your stats come primarily from your gear. Always have, always will...the only thing revamp did was take away CR differential in this regard.
    • Like x 6
  4. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Stats and sp only matter within powers and play type. A 250sp pftt player have same dps stats as a 340pftt player. Equally skilled players, a 200sp earth pftt will beat a 340sp mental pftt or hybrid.
    • Like x 2
  5. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Not gonna happen OP. This could potentially mean Premium Members who have purchased the latest content can't run content they'd purchased (& I've been Legenedary continually for a few years since I first subbed) but that's unfair however you look at it
    • Like x 2
  6. Cadens Dedicated Player

I took 3 years off and I have 190sp. I have completed (easily) all of the content in the game. Are you saying I shouldn't qualify for the high end raids because I don't have 250-300sp? Do you want this game to die? Because that is how it dies.
    • Like x 9
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

they made stats matter, not SP'.

stats are ruler now, therefor SP play are part, not the main part but a small part. So this would only cause issues IMO.
    • Like x 2
  8. ChillCat Loyal Player

As others have stated, this is not likely to ever happen.

A lack of SP doesn't equate to an automatic fail in content, but it does equate to a lack in performance. You can get into content and you can complete that content, but it won't be completed as quickly and you won't do as well. The barrier you're proposing effectively becomes a stagegate for players that will have a mediocre performance, and that's not a filter worth pursuing.
    • Like x 1
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

I don't think you fully understand how the game works.

Gear is, was and will always be king.

Gear = CR.

(CR still king)
    • Like x 5
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Could of told these would be the replies ya get OP. Sp requirements is not an idea many around here are on board with. Every time its brought up the answer is a resounding no. Imo they should do it tho. If they really wanted players to run old content and learn the game then some kind of sp requirement should be in place. Will never happen tho. Even if they did 10sp per tier people would be against it. Even tho thats only 90sp. And yes we are in tier 9. Mods have always gone up 3 per tier. SF mods take 27 bytes atm ;)
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Can you show your evidence ? Cause you keep doing this... but you dont show evidence so its time to just go a head and bring out those numbers you tested .. then tested and re tested....

We all know mental is under performing we all know how much you hate the earth powerset for ever since the am... days it was jealousy of crystal doing more damage then fury and now youre beside your self over jack hammer...

JACK HAMMER IS GETTING ADJUSTED. They've already said it.. they are probably waiting for the update to adjust it.. please stop with the hissy fit and calling out earth over and over and over ITS GETTING ADJUSTED... moveon.org
    • Like x 2
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I don't hate the earth set. I have a toon metal money who i never switched from earth, even when it was terrible. I hated players who knew nothing about sorcery commenting on it. Jealous players were earth because sorcery had to many dots and WoD. You all were comparing WoD to Reinforce which I knew was bs.
    I was stating facts and you threw a tantrum. I Didn't comment or respond to you. I made a post about how earth 100 power limited range, if you cared for earth so much why Didn't you comment in there?
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've just always looked at it this way:

Way back at the beginning, they had the chance to use SP totals as a gating mechanism for content, LONG before CR even became a thing in the game. The fact that they didn't use it as a gating mechanism says something about how good or bad the idea might be.
  14. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

A few hours with the League Hall Dummies; will go a lot further than a years worth of SP chasing.
    • Like x 1
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

We never cared about weapon of destiny we never even cared about sorcery so much as we were jealous that your guys version of totem was better ince you could cast it multiple times...

You were constantly on about crystal back then and how she did more damage and you would never accept that she does more damage but weapon of destiny ...and i think soul well i believe its called... would make up for that damage... but nope you wouldnt see that... at all i know guys who were sorcery at the time in fact my close friend was sorcery and i was earth we kept up with each other the entire time there was never millions between us maybe 100k maybe more maybe less nothing significant ... crystal made up only half of earths damage the rest was with the weapon and a few dots that didnt amount to much...

Yet you went on and on about crystals damage out never thinking maybe its you who was the problem weapon of destiny and your soul wells on top of your circle along with weapon damage should have helped keep you on par with earth users... also you had grand summoning where as earth had NO NONE viable super charges during am ... earth had to be full precision to get the most out of its power set where as sorcery could go might and precision and do just as well..

But of course you are going to come back with some bs and deflect everything im saying and continue your message how op earth is right now and how it needs to be adjusted in almost every thread discussing powers after the revamp.. MOVE ON its getting fixed i dont know why you are so hung up on this ... maybe you need a forum break cause i feel like its gettin to you too much... im not even trying to be a jerk im saying what it looks like..it looks like its becoming an obsession with you and i think thats unhealthy
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Do you know WoD is a none buff single target weapon enhancer?
    SW is a dot power that had likeca 30 sec cool down with group buffs?
    Reinforce was a 15% precision buff with 7% crit chance/attack
    Totem was a dot power with 3% crit/attack.
    This is what I'm saying. No one in the group had ever played sorcery. To make matters worse I really believe reinforce waa a 45% buff then.
    I'm not obsessed with earth, I used it as an 3xample and here come you on my heels
  17. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

In regards to the negative replies, I expected them. It seems to be the go approach of many here on the forums, basically anything brought up, gets a resounding "NO" response. Heck, I could offer them a lifetime membership for free and they would find something wrong with it.

CR is, will be, and should be a heavy indicator of our overall effectiveness in given content, but not on its own, not in its entirety. This is all this particular thread really was about, should we look at the other indicators of our abilities to perform our duties in a given instance...

SP, mods, and various other factors, such as what type of mods, and how those SP are allocated, what power we use, and even our rotation, also have an impact on our performance, but I probably don't understand the game...

As far as I am concerned, Mepps can lock the thread.
  18. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Congrats to all of the skilled earth players that found the square button. ;)
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

There is still skill in not dying and positioning even if the power set has basically become a 123 square square square a dead dps is no dps..

I'm not even arguing that jackhammer spam is skillful but positioning and awareness of surroundings is a skill...and a lot of dps get tunnel vision or don't move cause moving equals no numbers being padded

I never wanted to see earth in a jack hammer spam rotation but I also don't wanna see it needed into oblivion just cause others are pointing and shouting op.. in stead of staying on their message of getting their own powers adjusted rather than trying to tear another one down

For me jack hammer should been an initial tick three strong heavy after shocks.. that you use in conjunction with other powers until cool downs are up

And you start your rotation over ...

But people want to go over board with jack hammer nerf

They want the damage reduced the power cost increased and the range reduced in other words nerf it to unusable !!!

Then move on to the next power they deem op til theirs is op and then "everything is fine this is not op" and the cycle continues

So I'll agree that earth jack hammer spam is unimaginative and needs adjusted so for one earth users can be more mobile and and active with the use of other abilities mixed in but I will not agree to some of these nerf suggestions where they are basically neutering jackhammer entirely
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

its not so much about being against it, its more about understanding that people dont think farming SP' is a fun aspect of the game, so they choose not to do it.

So they IMO shouldnt be punish, sure they should have harder times finishing content vs a 300+sp person, but they shouldnt be left out because they too dont have 300+sp.

That would be like saying just b/c I dont have TC aura's/mats ect from new capsule I cant do next DLC's content even IF I buy it. because you can bet they'd include the feats in those lovely gamble boxes that people hate so much in the SP requirement, and btw I havent ran the fragment event in 2-3+ months, or opened a TC for the past 3-4 TC. So why should I be excluded from the next DLC?

I have 201CR as DPS and 200cr as support and 308sp.