Producer's Letter: State of the Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Since the text was auto-modded, when you read "people", don't think I'm referring to everyone. I am referring to the, for lack of better term, "contrarians", that hijack threads with verbose opinions without backing it up.
    • Like x 1
  2. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

I've noticed that, too. I thought it was my imagination. Regardless, it's sad that things like that get attention, while other things still remain grossly unaddressed.

I'm glad you guys are doing a difficulty sweep. I'm discouraged you don't seem to think anything needs to be nerfed, at least that's what it seems like when you post that after doing a sweep nothing was really changed.

And I've been asking and asking, and I'm nowhere near alone on this, for LPVE to be addressed. Atm, it doesn't even seem like you guys see our posts on the matter. I don't just want our feedback to be seen either. I think as paying customers, when it comes to an issue like this, we deserve to know what the general consensus amongst you devs is and where you guys are.

A boilerplate "we consider all feedback" or something similar just won't cut it because you're stopping me from essentially having every feat in the game. That upsets me and ppl just like me from logging on. If we don't log on we don't spend money.

You know where I'm going with this.
    • Like x 2
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It's been mentioned some time ago that they pretty much focus on what brings in $$$ right now.

So...
    LPvE and PvP don't bring in any $$$..... so I doubt they will adress those in the short term no matter how many posts you guys make.

But you can keep posting and hoping they make changes..... but odds don't look good.

And it has nothing to do with some "contrarians"..... just DBG who decided to focus on things that bring in $$$ to the game.
    Sorry. :(
    • Like x 2
  4. kraptastic Well-Known Player

That's an issue for every company. How do you tell if your customers are happy? They spend money. If they are making more money than before then obviously they are happy. The company will ignore the outliers as it makes more sense as a business to pay more attention to those that spend.

If anyone posts how much they hate TC and have any of the feats it is defeating any argument you have. If you bought those feats from the broker you just encouraged that seller to buy more, therefore negating you not purchasing TC yourself.

*Not meaning yourself personally but as a player in general
    • Like x 2
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I hate TC.

I have a limit.... I only buy no more then 200 Stabilizers a month. Sometimes 500.
    No more.

Oh..... wait..... ;)

But seriously...... I am lucky I can afford to buy all the TC I want... and more. ;)

I will open a bunch once in a while,

At some point I was opening about 20 a week. Then was a month+ without opening any.... so I came back with a vengeance and opened 100 at once. ;)
    Was curious to see the drop rate out of 100TC.

Been a while since I opened any.... will be due to open a stack of 100 soon. ;) Luckily I have a stack of a few hundreds in my shared bank just for that if I want to. ;) ;)

I wish all the TC items were in the MP....... but sadly...... we all know that that will not happen.

Like many others... there are items that I wanted for a looooong time..... and was happy to finally be able to have them. Like the Flash emblem... the various Lantern emblems.

So I was very happy to buy a few handfulls of TC to get those items.

Heck.... I was very happy to spend $20 to get the Batman cowl. So sure.... I would have been happy to buy those emblems from the MP.

But they aren't on the MP... they are in TC. :(

So you buy them where you can get them. ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. kraptastic Well-Known Player

And if players refused to buy them they might put them in the marketplace. But no point as you will pay 100's of dollars for and item that should be 5 bucks in marketplace already. So RNG appears from a business standpoint to be nothing but a win. Now if they tested the items in the marketplace for let's say 50 bucks but untradeable. That would be interesting as some would buy immediately because of the style and others would still play RNG all day long.
    • Like x 2
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Not really.

If people refuse to buy something.... they don't decide...
    "Hey... let's put it on the MP instead".

As far as I know.... no one buys Vault tickets. No Vault items have been added to the Broker.
    How many would buy the Speed Boots or the Kryptonian Trinket if they were added to the Broker??

If something does not sell...... they just think "Oh well... people did not want those items after all".

Look at the Batman cowl.

It was probably one of the most requested item in DCUO history..... still many did not buy it because of the $20 price tag.

Did the Devs tell themselves "Maybe we overpriced the Batman cowl"???
    No.
    They just figured.... "no one is interested in buying items on the MP".

And they kept on barely adding items to the MP after that.

When people don't buy something...... they just figured people did not really want it after all.

So sure.... people could decide NOT to buy TC hoping items in the future would be added to the MP.....
    but we pretty much know that that would not happen.

All they would think is that "people did not really want those styles/emblems/materials after all" and would just stop offering them.
  8. piohh Well-Known Player

Any news about fixes? The population goes downhill like a avalanche on EUPS/PC Villian side.
    • Like x 4
  9. NightSpells New Player

Great question . Heard changes were coming . Not when. I assume with water drop .
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They may be staggered fixes. Some T4 content was hotfixed a couple of days ago with balance passes across raids and alerts etc.
  11. kraptastic Well-Known Player

Your probably right. There is no business precedent for lowering or changing the sales strategy of items that don't sell well. I'm sure they would just scrap the virtual item they spent time designing rather than find some use for it.
    My bad.
    Sigh *end sarcasm*

I'm really not trying to be mean here. I'm glad you have put so much money into the game. However how you put your money into a game dictates how the game will make money. My original statement still stands to me. What are you disagree in with in my statement?
    I'm stating they will not put it into marketplace because people are willing and ARE buying timecapsules. Notice how new time capsule styles are dropping and yet in the newest dlc your styles are recycled?
    It's a good business decision for them.
    That's my point.

As for the cowl. Now if they put it into a TC...like say a Batman style (imagine that) how many people bought those stabilizers for that style? How many did they have to buy to complete it? How successful was that time capsule? Those are business decisions that determined where we are now.
    How many bought the Batman cowl? How many have the TC version also? The world may never know. Where is that dand lollipop owl?

Edit:. Wait I just reread my posts and yours to ensure I understand it correctly....um didn't what you say just agree with my statement of why things are sold they way they are? If so ignore above statements as we seem in a agreement confused by understanding.
    • Like x 1
  12. YinChakra Dedicated Player

In regards to implementing best gear on vendor for old content, please consider adding a mark transition tool, to convert marks of victory to any lower tier marks.

Thank you.
  13. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

This is phenomenal news. Will make a lot of people happy. We will be able to run out alts now and level them, not to mention feel the progression again with mains.

Thank you
  14. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

Please provide an offer of proof regarding stat clamp
  15. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

I am absolutely thrilled about that. Glad these elitist won't be able to solo content, but at the same time adjusting content down so the progression and strength is experienced.
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i wholeheartedly agree.

my primary alt started off as ice on day one. i stuck through the power through all of its ups and downs and until i reached that point where it was "just right". then ams went live and i hated what was done to ice so much i swapped her power out.

one of the things i was looking forward to was switching smashgirl nack to her original power but after playing around with it on a backburner alt i'm so very happy i didnt waste money on a respec token.

i'm absolutely livid over the state of mental and quantum. i can only imagine how ice users really feel. its like what fire used to be, slow and clunky with no heft to it.
    • Like x 2
  17. Wburner44 New Player

Can something be done about this Earth Battle Tank? I'm tired of solo trolling these hammerhead who literally just jackhammer the whole raid. All u do to keep them powered is spam recharge over and over and over. Not fun. These tanks are now concerned about damage with little regard to the controllers. One raid the tank just stopped to message me and said "Just spam recharge I need power" and " I wish we had three trolls
    If you want to dps, then be a dps.
    • Like x 1
  18. Surtur Well-Known Player

Next time tell that loser to manage their power better and either starve his azz or leave. It's really simple. If the devs won't fix jackhammer then stop being an enabler and tell these people to F-off.
    • Like x 2
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

this is not an ideal option. we don;t have the population to support those kind of tactics. trolls and tanks are scarce.

the controller class is in a sad state.
    • Like x 2
  20. Surtur Well-Known Player

People need to understand the day of the controller being a battery are over and they need to manage their power because the onus is on the individual player not the controller.

Edit: You don't teach people, players, kids responsibility be doing everything for them. They need to learn to stay balanced riding the bicycle or fall on the pavement.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.