Underperforming powers - Let's talk

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rubsarb, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Plowed In Loyal Player

And it heals...
    • Like x 1
  2. Tarif Committed Player

Dont try that. Tired of players trying the spin moves on here when we all see the imbalance and how our stats are not mattering much at all with things being as imbalanced as they are. He is certainly not alone in seeing this. This is one of the main reasons why the majority of our players in game are so upset. Our Roles, SPs, and Powers are very imbalanced and the issues need to be fixed.
    • Like x 2
  3. Greenchain Well-Known Player

1. I'm hauling butt to the adds like everyone else. Being HL, you dont think I know about interrupts and positioning ?? Please.

2. Earth JAckhammer spam, Nature Roar (yeah I know they're working on it) etc dont seem to be limited to an area. Why should we limited to doing well in certain spots?? It's been going on a long time and just become normal. HL in particular has several cone type attacks, but to use them makes me less competitive? HL melee attacks are consistently hitting for LESS by about 50% on average than any ranged attacks. And they put you at point blank range unlike others "melee" at the old 7m standard.

3. This wasnt one or two alerts. This has been every run, alert raid or group since this revamp launched. I'm citing two specific examples of weeks of observation. It's a citation not necessarily an anecdote. I have and am thinking about other factors. Please don't tell me what I am thinking. I am putting it in my posts what I am thinking. Stats are not mattering. Risk vs Reward is not mattering. Broken powers and powersets are not mattering. There have been several hotfixes. Perhaps I have missed the notes were they mentioned powers/powersets issues being addressed, excepting of course the now infamous Gorilla exploit.

My premise is simple. My attack stat, Might, is signficantly higher than other DPS yet I am getting less damage out. I am racing to mobs, using trinkets, supply drops, SC's, PI's, clipping, have relatively high SP, am modded appropriately. I'll account for damage loss from doing mechanics (switches in UH, etc), doing pick ups, blocking to get heal buff, popping shield, cleansing and everything else that stops yellow numbers from flying. All this leads to significant and fairly large disparity against toons with LESS Might.

I stand by my premise and yes I am upset about it. The bigger picture is these issues launch broken and allowed to linger, propped up by those naysayers who poo poo any complaints and appear to be negative or disparaging to the game or more importantly here, the Devs. Criticism is not allowed. One may not speak against the cabal of Green Names or their supporters without being dismissed as whiners and slackers. I am neither.

This is what I am seeing in my gameplay. Acknowledge that there are unresolved problems. Do not wave away those speaking up about actual issues. Something is incorrect is base damage, modifiers, range scaling (to the extent it still exists), broken powers, Might scaling, add health/defense, i dont know what all else. This first step to getting better is admitting there is a problem.
    • Like x 2
  4. Greenchain Well-Known Player

I only have a little complaint with what HL is doing for DPS overall. The melee attacks are hitting for significantly less than ranged attacks for more powers and at point blank. I've got no problem switching to clipping style. Think we got screwed with Inspiration buff still being useless.

My problem is with those powers that are glitched with more than 10% less Might are doing 20-30% more damage. This is a fundamental flaw in the concept of Stats Matter. Yet so many who dare speak against it are put down. See my response to Philosophy.

I recall an instance when CR Differential came out. Celestial had a glitch where AcB IIRC was glitched and hitting for multiple strikes instead of once. The Celestial community self reported after confirming it wasnt a one off issue. It was fixed in a few days or so. But here we are weeks in and multiple known issues, over and under performing, are being allowed to linger.

Wonder why that is???
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I mean, take a look at this thread. One guy posts a scoreboard with no additional information, just a Tarzan gif and no one bats an eye. Another guy posts multiple scoreboards with additional information and he ends up getting jumped and questioned simply because of who it is that's posting it. People let their hate/disdain for others cloud their ability to hold a rational discussion and would rather point fingers instead.

Then those same people wonder why it's all crickets from the development end. Devs don't listen to mouth foaming, and never have.

I do agree it's about time we had some sort of dev reply to all this though
    • Like x 4
  6. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

actually im comparing 100%sc to 100%sc
    your trying to twist what i said
    carniverious(50%sc) +gorilla(50%sc)+ harvet(0%sc)
    compared to
    grand summoning (100%sc)+offering(0%sc)+ fury(0%sc)

nature 3 moves=max damage potential of a 100%supercharge
    vs
    sorcery 3 moves=max damage potential of a 100%supercharge

50+50=100 last i checked

next off its not hard to lose your 4th dot as nature you can go down you can get phased you can be forced into a block when you need to refresh there are circumstance that can ruin any supercharge
    • Like x 1
  7. Mighty Committed Player

I know we got hosed on inspiration I asked for that and anoint and bloodlust and the atomic one to be a might buff but it didn't have any traction. For melee try chainsaw-tap-tap (melee) clip with whipthrash then combo whipthrash, clip with chainsaw and repeat.

For the put downs and stuff, I think a lot of that is perception and context dependent. I had an example just here earlier in this thread where I pointed out that a poster was criticizing Crappy for posting a scoreboard and explanation in response to someone else posting a scoreboard and no explanation. All I did was point out the irony in it, and I was personally attacked. There are other posters in this thread who are struggling to do well with their power, and when I and others try and explain a better approach they argue with us and personally attack us, and rally their league mates to come jump in. Like, I can't even point out how something works without someone, or some people, getting a shot in. And somehow it's on me and my peers? Pffffttt. K.

I know for a fact that multiple things with nature in particular have been reported by Crappy as being OP. Some things before and after test, including the issues that are cheesing it up now. But that doesn't matter to most folks, especially the people who can't even have a conversation without taking a cheap shot (Prime example being a dude in this thread). So I would probably guess that the devs are giving water a lot of attention now, and they're looking at constructive, reasoned, numbers-based feedback, and ignoring the hystericals. If I had to guess.
    • Like x 2
  8. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

the original topic of this talk was you saying that no powers should have to be used with a supercharge to get the best effect of that super charge even though you clearly used other powers to support your agenda that nature is to strong but you refuse to use the same concept with sorcery if the debate is done.

then yes grand summoning ... YOU BECOME A ONE MAN ALERT GROUP!! you get an extra dps, tank, and healer in the group.
    • Like x 2
  9. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I just did wj n sj and was only 200k behind a 198 modded earth dps. Im 190 HL with 3 mods in. So really anything can happen lol
  10. planetkiller500 Active Player

That is a simple one, the earth dps was just not as skilled as you were.there is other factors to it,but i wont get into it.
    • Like x 1
  11. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Considering that most of the characters within your signature are the ones that are performing top notch with cheese moves (Nature/Earth).... You get one of these :rolleyes:
  12. MYTHLORD Active Player

actually all powers can perform okay......but. it does require proper stats and it requires power.....see....some powers can fight fine with minimal power back. but others including earth despite having the amazing Jackhammer...require lots of power to keep good with. the one power i believe to truly be bad right now is hardlight. because without lots of power you cannot use its true potential dmg output. because the combo system is very underpowered for it now. i think combos shouldn't use so much power for all power sets. maybe half or a third after the first move. but honestly. the games enemy balance is much more broken right now.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

I have to say Light is not weak and works perfectly fine I personally beat Nature on it plenty of times. They even had the nerve to say I'm OP lol. I have to disagree with that part of your post. The power consumption is perfect too better then most powers I tried
  14. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Light is strong powerset and does the damage and doesnt use as much power as some of the other powersets. Its by far from bad. I squashed those rumors when I was Light by beating Natures, Electrics etc. They didnt know what to think of themselfs and kept asking SP etc saying Im OP honestly the powers are pretty balanced. I do say they need to remove 35% finisher (aoe) in Gorilla form. Nature only one who gets that whi ch is not consistant with the other powers. Nature has roar etc to be unique.
  15. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Actually I logged in test just for your comment. Sorcercy is doing damage just like other powers. Most powers have a preset loadout to do damage and use power efficiently.

Supercharge Generator move cost 200, 300 move, followed by 200, 100 then 35% finisher followed by Supercharge power. Some powers you tweak it but there all given a cookie cutter loadout. Dmg/power efficient.

This is why I say Natures Gorilla form breaks chain and turns 35% finisher into and aoe and there not forced out of form.

Your doing roughly same damage if not more then nature. Nature loadout is around 12.1 seconds while scorcery is about 5.4 sec a rotation. So two rotations will equal roughly about 1 rotation of Natures. Same can be said with Quantum

Actually *updated* Oops forgot lights 35% deals extra dmg and is aoe.
  16. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Earth loadout is the one thats different because its in your enemies face.
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I just kept up with a 205 and 201 earth and ice as a 190 HL with only a few mods in. My power out was only slightly higher as i went into crazy clip mode but other than that it was smooth.
  18. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

These all play pretty similar

Loadouts:

Nature - Serpent Call, Harvest, Voracious Plants, Roar, Impaling thorns (35%), Chaotic Growth (SC) Stay in Gorilla Form. -My main character uses this. Longest rotation in seconds

Water - Drown, Depth Charge, Aqualance, Tsunami Strikes, Torrent (35%), Call of the Deep (SC) Even Water can be played this way.

Mental - Horrific Visage, Mass Terror, Terror Tendrils, Telekinetic Push, Terrorize (35%), Bolt Barrage (SC)

Scorcery - Karmic Suspension, Shard of Life, Soul Barrage, Soul Bolt, Final Ruin (35%), Grand Summoning (SC)

Light - Light Weight Strike, Chompers, Fan, Ram, Light Blast (35%), Strafing Run (SC) This wasn't my original LO but it can be played this way.

Electricity - Static Push, Voltaic Blast, Arc Lightning, Overcharge, Ionic Drain (35%), Megavolt (SC)

Munitions - Shrapnel Grenade Launcher, 50 Cal, Chain Gun, Pump Action Shotgun, Small Package (35%), Biggun (SC) You can actually mix and match moves to your liking. Takes about 1 second longer but bigger damage but faster then Nature

Quantum - Time Bomb, Anonmaly, Warp Barrage, Tachyon Blast, Energy Expulsion (35%), Oblivion (SC)

Gadgets - Stasis Field, Paralyzing Dart, Sticky Bomb, Napalm Grenade, Photon Blast (35%), Bunker Buster (SC)

Ice - Impaling Ice, Frost blast, Artic Gust, Snowball, Glacier Flash (35%), Blizzard (SC) Faster then Nature but longer them Munitions but hits like a truck especially when Frost Blast Crits.

Fire - Meteor Strike, Wildfire, Spontaneous Combustion, Flame Cascade, Snuff Out (35%), Volcanic Calamity (SC)

If I didn't list a power its melee range or odd to me but try these these vs each other and compare and provide feedback. Thank you Everyone! Also moves are in order for the rotation
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just got out dpsed by mental in the new alerts. Now I'm not the best dps but I hold my own pretty well. I forgot to screenshot the scoreboard but he had me by about 200k. Anyone care to tell me what exactly is wrong with mental? I might as well join in the hyperbole.
    • Like x 1
  20. FlreMint Active Player

I am very interested in that guy's LO and rotation, could you identify the powers he was using? Was he using iconics? movement powers? was he using his weapon?

FireMint