Underperforming powers - Let's talk

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rubsarb, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Could you run as your ice toon against edd in the same raids as last night and give us an accurate comparison. Even though I have posted in this thread, I for one for the most love the revamp. But if you could show that you're other toons can keep up with nature maybe it end some of this debate
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Lol the chart was not flawed, why would you use GS without your own fury and offering? And I stated that without your own fury GS did 90-110k. We've been over this way to many times I'm not about to do it again. Also on test server a guy I know when we ran raids on test he would be pretty close behind me with sorc when I was elec. I have no clue what he was doing but sorc was def not as horrible as you make it out to be. Now I know it has some issues and I'm not saying it's perfect but i have seen some do pretty well with it, not top dps but not terrible. Also he wasn't using projectile powers just a hybrid fury loadout and Non projectile powers.
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Once I gear up some more I def will. Right now my stats are pretty low on him. He was primarily tank so my dps gear kinda stinks at the moment.
  4. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Yeah I gotchya, but if you could still run it and show people that even in not optimal gear I can keep up. Maybe drink a buff soda and ask politely for the other dps in your group not to buff soda. It's not perfect but could illustrate the fact that things aren't as bad as it seems
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Do I think sorc is a top dps power, no. Does it have some issues, yes but I don't think it's absolutely terrible like you claim it is.
  6. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

well there at it should they tell people how upheaval works? how bout firebust? how about artic gust? should they give us a play by play of all the invdividual powers that havent changed?
  7. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

you missed the point entirely .... why do they have to re-explain the powers that havent changed is my point.
    • Like x 1
  8. FlreMint Active Player

FireMint here

I wont try to fool anyone here, I know nothing about Nature, or, at least, compared to what I know about Mental, I do know Mental, maybe at the same level Crappy knows Nature, I respect his testing and his efforts but that wont prevent me from sharing a concern about Nature. I was DPSing in that raid and I know my damage is not the best, I consider myself a support player after all, but after revamp I have been able to top the charts, maybe thanks to my skill points... so right now I consider myself a competitive DPS, along the 'balanced' powers of course...

Then I see this gorilla double mine and everyone else's damage, so I come here and post it. If I understand correctly the gorilla is not the problem but it is 'roar' instead? I will leave the Nature players decide whats wrong with it, but something is definetly not ok, thats all, and we agree, so no need to get defensive and mock me and others...

Seems like you have been having fun in this thread, with all the jokes and everything, I wouldnt know, my english is not that good...

Lets stay respectful, por favor.

FireMint
  9. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

If it was splitting the same way before revamp, who's to say its not working as intended? They way arc lightning works, I don't think you can get it to "split properly"
    • Like x 2
  10. Rubsarb Level 30

Let's bring this post back on topic. This purpose of this thread was not to single out powersets that need to be nerfed, but rather fix some bugs in certain powersets and to bring others on par with the "top tier" powers (Frankly, top tier powers shouldn't even exist). I think we can all agree that some powersets' damage ranges far exceed others. (i.e. nature/electric's low end parse against 3 targets is probably other powerset's high end). Gadgets for example, is severely lacking in range capabilities. Also, on 3 targets, the high end damage against 3 targets, on average, is around 12-13k/s(and this is melee distance using mines, EMP). However, for other powersets, this is either in their mid range or low end. That shouldn't be case.

The issue above is what I'm trying to raise and hopefully get the devs' attention. The thread I started was never meant for people to start insulting each other. Hopefully we all want the same thing >> BALANCE. I think we all can agree that the devs still have some ways to go. I understand that there may never be TRUE 100% balance, but damage ranges shouldn't be so far apart that no amount of skill (skill meaning actual skillful game play and skill points) can close the gap.
    • Like x 3
  11. Greenchain Well-Known Player

This is pretty much the bug up my...well you know where. No Balance effort is perfect, burst vs DOTs vs AOE etc etc with quantity of trash mobs, relative skill level, SP, mods etc.

In addition to finally fixing Nature and Electric DPS that so desperately needed it for so long, reintroducing Weapon as a viable playstyle, I was under the mistaken impression that the whole purpose of this revamp was to kill the CR differential and make the Stats Matter, not the repetitive spam of broken powers that after about a month have not been addressed except the Gorilla exploit. Really??

What's taking so long to fix the other issues like Roar and Jackhammer?? Aren't these virtually the same if only slightly less in degree than Gorilla exploit? Devs said stats were going to matter. Mine don't. Either HL is broke or about 5 other powers are.

Mighty etal, I've done the HC/Ram GH Ram/Fan. Its alright. I dont care for it. Good single target boss fight. What happened to the play how you like and you'll be competetive? How competitive am I against folks with no mods and I'd have to guess 3k+ less might? Not very and I'm sick of this Grand Fixes that fix one thing and break three others.

Whatever
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Wow I regret reading the last two pages of this thread
    • Like x 1
  13. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

just curious

you wont use (fury+offering+grandsummoning) because having to use other powers to reach the full damage potential is wrong

but youve posted another video about nature

where you stack gorilla+carnivious plants+harvest to reach a max damage potential in your video

make up your mind on which path your going to go and stick to it either use the same logic on both powers or dont use it at all
    • Like x 2
  14. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

also just curious since were not suppose to use other powers to reach max damage on a supercharge

how well does neo venom, berserk, infuriate, and circuit break do with out using others powers to help them?
    • Like x 2
  15. Mighty Committed Player

Berserk?
    Circuit breaker?
    Neo venom boost?

Seems like those are supercharges that suck unless you pop other abilities after you use them. Don't hear rage or elec guy crying about their supers ...
    • Like x 2
  16. Greenchain Well-Known Player

and FWIW, just did WC/SJ with another 197 Earth toon, different one. 2.28 M for Earth. 1.76 for me, HL. Again I have 17630 Might, base. She kind informed me that she had 15445 WITH a soda. Little better geared than the other Earth toon. Had OP UB, face, ring and a few vendor items. At least betas in drop gear. Some synths.

Point being, with almost 2200 more might, I still did significantly less damage.

MY STATS DONT MATTER = Revamp fail
    • Like x 1
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

We kinda get tired of saying this:

1. The scoreboard is about who gets to the adds first and essentially who is interrupted less (this is where things like positioning come into play).

2. Powers excel in different areas, and right now, HL is an amazing boss power. It's heavy single target with big hits for one target only. Even something as simple as Chompers Grasping hand > Grasping hand to SnapTrap to Chainsaw or snaptrap to light blast to whatever else is a great example.

You did one alert where you were beat and now you're upset without even thinking about the 100 other factors that were involved, not even mentioning the fact that 2 alert runs aren't even a sample size of data. It's called an anecdote.
    • Like x 1
  18. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

how?
    to reach max damage potential of carnivous plants+gorilla you need harvest as well thats using three powers to recieve maxx damage potential of your super charges (gorilla only get a buff for limited time regardless if you can stay in the form)

if you use fury+gran summon+offering its no different your using three power to reach max damage potential
    • Like x 1
  19. Mighty Committed Player

Also there are AOE combos and rotations that I use in that video that hold up well. Light is amazing at single target, but it does fine in AOE, too.
    • Like x 3
  20. VioletSorceress Committed Player

People need to stop bringing up Arc Lightening before Devs come up with a solemn solution Terror Tendrils style.
    Everybody loses when powers and abilities get ruined. Power's owner loses and people in his group lose time cause his damage/support suffers from the nerf.

Superpowers like old Terror Tendrils were not all that easy to be used to their max. You needed a little knowledge, right environment and right positioning.
    • Like x 1