Clinging by a Thin String

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

They issue is not Role doing damage....
    It is that too often... while they are doing damage they are NOT doing their role.

And too often..... Battle Role barely do any extra damage anyway.

Too often I made more damage with my Troll then many Battle Role.
    And I never played a Battle Troll. Just a plain normal one.

But we end up with players who barely do any damage.... and barely do their role.

The worst of both world essentially.
    • Like x 2
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Then the people you ran with weren't battle rolling properly, if they were even attempt to. It was probably some new person that didn't know what they were doing.

There's bad battle roles and there's good battle roles, just like every role and power in the game. Some will be good at it, some won't. Don't tell the people that are good at it to not do it because you seen a few knuckleheads.
    • Like x 2
  3. Dene Devoted Player

ok..

this is PVE not PVP we are discussing - if i battle troll and you never run out of power, i shield you, i debuff when needed and things go faster.. we all win

not sure why you think that is not balanced - who cares if support get extra might.. will only benefit you.. will never hinder you
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah I don't get it either. It seems they're afraid of running into bad players, but you run into bad players regardless what role or power they are....
    • Like x 1
  5. Dene Devoted Player

exactly

bad players will still be bad whether they have access to might or not
  6. Streven Dedicated Player

Are we really arguing that support roles do too much damage? Really?
  7. Dene Devoted Player

yep.. apparently that makes things unbalanced :/

8. Tarif Committed Player

There are 4 roles in this game last time I checked. Not 3. I can tell where you three are at though. Have a good time. Enjoy it. We all see the imbalance. Its not rocket science.
  9. Streven Dedicated Player

Apparently "WE" don't all see it. You are honestly making one seriously convoluted argument just to b**** about the fact that DPS have a Nerf in place when there's too many DPS stacked in to one group. It's one thing to be upset about that but it's a completely other thing to attack support rules that already don't get enough attention from the devs in the process.

#supportlivesmatter
  10. Dene Devoted Player

And those 4 roles are not in competition.. sooner ppl learn that the better this game will be for all
  11. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I fail to see where anything you stated even remotely helps the game.

A decent DPS, should still top every battle role rather handily. I will go so far as to say It shouldn't even be close.

You may not have demanded all your DPS stats suddenly give you free heals, defense, and power, but that is exactly what the role less buff has done for you in alerts since 2012. I assume you are OK with the role less buff?

Support role players, who want to stay in support role, needed some help when it came to doing basically any mission in the game prior to the revamp. Our damage out was so limited it was often ridiculously long and tedious just to complete a solo, duo, daily, or other mission where we didn't have an almighty DPS to help us.

Power isn't a primary power for any support role.

Vit is for troll.
    Dom for tanks.
    Resto for heals.
    DPS Might/Precission

I see support players are still having to spend SP on Might, just to get power, where DPS is getting it for free.
    • Like x 1
  12. Wallachia Devoted Player

It's their way to force people to believe that SPs are more important now.
    • Like x 1
  13. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

absurdly, it looks like it. :confused:
  14. Backseid Devoted Player

It is.

It's dumb. Showboating at best.

No group needs the DPS from a Support Role. It's not helpful.

If you want to play as a damage dealer, do so. Don't hide behind being in Support Stance.

It's an insult to those Roles.
    • Like x 2
  15. Backseid Devoted Player

It is.

There should be mechanics that REQUIRE those in non DPS stance to do... non DPS.

Like providing power to a machine that will explode with too much, or die if given too little.

Supplying health to an NPC, or keeping the group alive in a non combat situation where everyone's health is slowly draining.

They just never DO anything to encourage the different roles to play together.
    • Like x 2
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Or making trolls debuffs actually matter and when a debuff is thrown it could provide a buff to the group. Certain debuffs buff certain roles w/in the group. For example a defense debuff also buffs the crits of the dps. Something along those lines but its just an example.

I agree on the mechanic part. The reason it doesnt happen or get suggested is because imo this community struggles with the easy mechanics we have. Every single day i do the dox bounty on multiple toons and watch the warrior suck in and no one runs away. Or watch the sentry jump and stop the hell out of 4,5 people. Its so sad to me that simply moving away from or out of a boss attack is an issue for a large % of the players in this game.
    • Like x 3
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

In your opinion, which is not a fact.

Neither are overinflated stats to compensate lack of reaction. I´m gonna speak only regarding the healer role, any player who has played this role before knows that are certain thresholds of restoration need it to cover efficiently certain instances. You can exclude of course high rounds of SM or Elite content in which is very risky to try to Battle heal.

The whole core of Battle healing is know and reach that sweet spot in your main support role stats that will allow you to fulfill your role in a group and invest the rest of your resources in trying to help to bring enemies down faster. There is nothing wrong with that, or are you going to get mad if your group kills an enemy faster just because there was a Battle Support player in the team? that would be a "dumb" reaction.

I do play as a DPS, in fact that´s my main role and my vendor gear is always for that role, that doesn´t imply that i don´t like to play support roles in the traditional way for Elite content or SM or trying to Battle heal when the content allows me to do so.
    Now this last sentence is actually really "dumb".
    The concept of Battle Support, or Hybrid classes comes from the source material of this by product know as MMORPG´s. D&D had already a "Hybrid" class system years before this game was even in project. Even in older games like WoW, you have classes like the Paladins or Death Knights that have within their core design the concept of Battle Support all over it.

And just looking at the own history of DCUO, Celestial and Atomic were designed to Battle Support from it´s inception.

At the end you are wrong....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

Dang did that my entire career for every feat included. Game wasn't difficult enough to detour hybrids any other way if you knew your power.
    • Like x 3
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

So just ran US. 5 league mates and 3 people from LFG. Solo troll who was "battle trolling." At the end he put out a total of 369k power. My league mate put out 327k power as a dps. And the trolls dmg was very low too. He never hit recharge at all. No mods and im guessing low sp too.

This^ is why im not a fan of battle support. U see way more people do this^ then do it well. If a dps is putting out almost as much power as u ya arent trolling. Thats pitiful. This is what usually happens, the player doing battle whatever focuses on damage and forgets the main job they are supposed to be doing as support.
    • Like x 1
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

Another Troll Bites the Dust.

I hardly play my troll toons anymore since revamp. I'm running on 2.5 tanks (rage tanking needs more practice). Most groups run with one troll even when there are more than 3 earth DPS (and/or tanks) that do nothing but jack off around the boss and flatline because there's not even power for the solo healer to spam. Do I want to troll for a group like that? No.

Will I troll again? Eventually I will, but I like tanking.
    • Like x 1