Hooked On Flight Tree Powers and Now I Want More!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kid Multiverse, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

It started off as kind of a joke because I wasn't feeling Quantum DPS on my troller, so I made a build out of the flight/ skimming tree.

After some tinkering around and mixing in a shield or Quantum Tunneling, Neo-Venom for bosses and Heat Vision for single targets and equipping the foot mod to let me combo... I'm finding myself competitive or at the top of the charts for alerts. It's kind of a spastic play style as it's constant combo-ing/ clipping out of most powers and it can be easy to end up in the wrong place due to how some of the powers land you. And a shield or sodas at the ready are musts as these can make you vulnerable. But honestly, it's super fun and just kind of ridiculous, a surprise happy side effect of the revamp.

I love that there's a power interaction with two of the flight tree powers (but why not for Super Speed?) and I'd love to see that expanded. Devs, this is a great step in the right direction, let's see some more options for movement & iconic builds!
    • Like x 13
  2. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

Seconded. LOVE WIND POWERS!!
    • Like x 2
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Tried with Super Speed only... did not try Flight powers just yet, ;)
    • Like x 6
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Point of clarity, it's not a "side effect" of the revamp. :)
    • Like x 15
  5. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

As I've been saying for years...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Word.

Any thoughts on the rest of the original post, particularly expanding on these options?

Also, any new white mods for movement/ iconic trees in the works?
    • Like x 2
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive tried it with all 3 now. And the superspeed build is not as strong as the other 2. Not from my results it wasnt.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Nothing commentable at the moment. :)
    • Like x 5
  9. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I've been having fun with these for some time now...
    Sorcery DPS + Flight
    Electricity DPS/Heal + SuperSpeed
    Gadgets DPS + Acrobatics
    Gadgets DPS + Iconics
    Full Iconics + Acrobatics
    • Like x 2
  10. loupblanc Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've had some good results myself with Electricity and Super Speed moves, particularly in adding Vortex Trap to the mix. Beyond that I've only gone so far as to add Heat Vision and Freezing Breath to an Earth character's loadout (she always used Super Strength, I loved hitting petty criminals with the ATMs they were trying to rob LOL), with some decent results there too.
    • Like x 2
  12. DanXVII Committed Player

Loving having the acrobat backflip back in my ninja troll loadout, can quickly hop out of one shots and revive all the slowpoke DPS stuck in their animations :D
    • Like x 2
  13. Dene Devoted Player

LOL - I think its fun to see ppl get immersed like this :)

the super strength i used to do is remove both cars from the trapped civilians but they still yelled they were trapped lmao
  14. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Lol nice! I made a special wind powers look for my toon that's using them - - goggles, scarf etc. So fun :)
  15. High Troller Loyal Player

I like Clownboxing on the bosses in the alerts as a tank. I would pop all my pets from my utility belt and sometimes robot side kick. Before revamp, I used to tank with iconic powers. That was fun and was workable. Have some more fun with movement and iconic powers for me!
    • Like x 1
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Ha, that's awesome!
    • Like x 1