Can we stop moaning about roleless buffs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I mean good god they're only in alerts anyway.

Alerts are there for a bit of quick fun. Some people are complaining like the roleless buffs are present in raids and are ruining their experience.

If you don't want to deal with roleless buffs form your own 1-1-1-1 group. LFG is your friend.

Seriously some complaints are so far out of control its not funny.
    • Like x 9
  2. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Not everyone enjoys raids. Raids make up a very small percentage of the content available, too. It is unfortunate that this game does not have a higher population of players running roles besides Damage role and has to rely on role-less buffs to decrease queue times.
    • Like x 1
  3. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Amen

just realized ive been agreeing with Proxy a lot lately...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

small percent you say?

T8 has 11 raids vs 5 alerts vs 3 duos vs 1 solo

looks to me that raids are the main content.
    • Like x 4
  5. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I was speaking from a general sense of all tiers. I have not played tier 8 content, so I cannot comment on it.
  6. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

Can we? Yes.
    Will we? Nope.
    • Like x 4
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

that was just to give a idea, its the same roughly for all levels of content, raids out number alerts, duos and solos.

care to guess why that is?
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Because most people raid and its a multiplayer game.

No way, cut it out lol
  9. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Because the people who like large group content yelled the loudest?
    • Like x 3
  10. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Did you take a poll?

As far as I know, 2-player and 4-player content would still fall under the "multiplayer game" heading, so I am not sure where you're going with that.
  11. MyrVell Committed Player

Because they have the best drop gear and amount of marks, conveniently locked behind the most expensive replay cost?
    • Like x 6
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

No because a single raid cost 87 replays, a alert 29, a duo 12, a solo 12.

Therefor you want to reset a raid it will cost you 3 alert resets, and you still only get 9 marks vs the 10+ you would see from the 1 raid.
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Bingo ;)
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

That is only part of it yes.

But the other is because it cost the most to reset, and up til T6 there was role gear, so replaying or waiting a week was the only option to do a raid for gear.
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

No polls are against forum guidelines :D lol
    • Like x 1
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Would you like to give us a list of complaints you think are worth a complaint that way we don't make the mistake of having our own opinion ?

And tell me why is it ok for a raid to not have roleless buffs and not alerts ?

Wouldn't you think that you'd want players who are going to be forced to solo support by the majority of the community whether it be through lfg and preformed groups to learn that role in smaller group content? Where there is less stress and less burden on them before stepping into the bigger supposedly much harder content?

The roleless buff was created for one reason and one reason only to benefit dps who had to wait in the queue cause there was more dps then any other role ... well boo hoo. It only make less and less interest in support roles when I'm they aren't necessary for anything but raids...sure there are more raids now in the cr relevancy then there are alerts and duos... but it wasn't like that before especially when roleless buffs were introduced

If a group of dps can't complete an alert with out roles then they can form their own group or change their role? ;)
    • Like x 3
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes, but now that vendor gear rules, some of us don't reset raids. The troll buff just needed lowered a bit. Not saying I care, I got me soadies. Just that raids aren't that important once you have the feats. Heck, the new stuff doesn't even drop a new style.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

A. Sure, any complaint that isn't one of my complaints is invalid lol jk

B. Is something preventing you from forming a group to avoid the buffs?
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

doesnt matter, thats how its been for as long as I can remember. Just b/c you finished your gear or feats doesnt mean the next 1000 that joined yesterday have.

Point is raids remain important to someone at all times, regardless if its to you or to me.
    • Like x 1
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Ran the alerts today. As a healer and dps. Really saw no difference. All 4 runs were 3 dps 1 heal. I had no power issues as a healer whatsoever. In all honesty i wish they would do away with the roleless buff completely. This entire game is so dps focused that imo its become unhealthy and its been a detriment to the game itself.
    • Like x 10