Pick 1 Scoreboard or Mechanics?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alrighty Then, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Isn't it funny that we've stopped fighting the Villain Faction; but we have to fight amongst ourselves in-game.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dene Devoted Player

Yes.. No.. Maybe..

LOL
  3. Dene Devoted Player

well you can't have it.. the scoreboard ruins that lol
    • Like x 1
  4. Dene Devoted Player

I 100% see your point

but I also believe that noone is talking about those players you described... they are talking about the pure chaser, the one who *doesnt* understand that survivability and mechanics actually can help dmg not hinder it
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Here's a suggestion. DCUO should give a bonus Mark or Drop; if the Mechanics are done properly on the 1st attempts in game.
    Something to motivate good game play. It would be funny to see everyone running to the toggles.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dene Devoted Player

the fact that we need to even come up with ideas like this , is sad :(
    • Like x 1
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i think you would see that with in a year the community would be dramatically affected by removing that worthless board and more than likely for the better
    • Like x 1
  8. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Explain please.

I see the scoreboard as a reflection of how well the team done and with a breakdown of how i done in comparison to others in my role.
  9. YinChakra Dedicated Player

It's all a conspiracy right ?
    [IMG]
  10. Dene Devoted Player

I think most do not use it for that.. they use it as an ego boost and some weird measure of their self worth.. you do not but most do

ok.. lets look at it this way.. u and I are DPSing in a raid.. raid goes smooth etc no issues at all

the fact that you did 300k more damage than me or versa is relevant? Why would/should anyone care ?

if you are comparing dmg re: a new loadout etc - what arr you comparing to.. comparing your dmg to other player's score is not going to really help.. we'd be diff powers.. prob diff cr and most certainly not same stats. With revamp we may be different focuses too.. so you'd be comparing yourself to another player for no real reason that would actually help in fine tuning a loadout etc - you would feel that as you play

so if we complete the mission and all is done... who cares ? :)

even with issues.. the scorecard is a poor measuring stick
  11. Dene Devoted Player

I once told a DPS that said that to me (ages ago about another mechanic)

"i'm not your slave.. until they make that cog ONLY clickable in troll role, then it is a group effort to make sure it gets done"
    • Like x 2
  12. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I don't think the TANKS would like to loose points for healing received, when their job is to absorb damage for the group. Other than that, a good starting point.
  13. Roocck Committed Player

Scoreboard and mechanics are two different things, scoreboard is needed to let the group know how well everyone is doing.
  14. krytine Loyal Player

These are just ideas of course something could be figured out by the devs what would work for tanks
    • Like x 1
  15. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I'm not sure that is possible. :D
    • Like x 1
  16. krytine Loyal Player

If for tanks the damage in was set as a point system but others would loose points thats fine to dps have ways to gen there own power slow but they do trolls give whole groups power shielding healers with health shielding supply drops give everyone power and health there are measurable ways to actually give a point system category.
  17. Roocck Committed Player

Troll, Tank and Healer would've been kicked if it was my group.... Players should want to learn mechanics on their own not on some one else terms... That's like healer saying use your colas, supply drop and block button after using what you have because you were in a tight spot. LOL (Is that what team work is called now on days?)
  18. Perdition Committed Player

Its a group effort. But seriously if u are CR203 and u still don't know the mechanics you are either blind or don't care about them and just wanne be top on the scoreboard... and i'm not even mad when they kick me. I'll just get a group that does the mechanics like a team does. Raiding is a team effort, not a one man show..
  19. VariableFire Loyal Player

The problem there is tanks differ in how they handle damage. Some mitigate damage while others survive the hit. Fire and Ice get hit with the same attack, Ice gets less damage in because of the power works.
  20. krytine Loyal Player

The system still records the incoming damage becuase they have to know how much is mitigated and how much is absorbed and how much it negated and how much is received so it would still work if the devs wanted it to