The Aquaman Bust catch-22?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ColdFuzion, Aug 15, 2017.

1. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

I think you've taken an "arrow to knee" to coin the phrase with this item....You have proven the art in this game could be SO much better.

We had had a revamp of all graphics a few years back but this clearly proves the engine could be updated even more to take advantage of the Unreal engine 3. Seriously, what is holding the team back? It cannot just be the PS3?
    • Like x 5
  2. Proxystar #Perception

My opinion is that it's just the PS3 mate; I mean 256MB RAM... I don't know how people use that thing.

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

A standalone static image (that was scanned in) is not anything near the same thing as moving objects
    • Like x 8
  4. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

a bust is not the same as a moving character though.

*waits for someone to mention the league hall statues*
    • Like x 3
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Making ONE detailed statue...... much different then doing everything in game as detailed.

• Like x 1
  6. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Buy more stabilizers so we can upgrade the guinea pig to a rabbit.
    • Like x 6
  7. Aquajet Well-Known Player

Those things are freaking hideous looking. Hi...deoussss.
  8. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

well kojima production knows how... they manage to make MGS4, a game that is still consider visually impressive after 9 years...

but again, that game is PS3 exclusive while this game have to work in PC, 360, PS3, PS4 and Xbone.... jack of all trade, master of none...
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Umm, isn't MGS4 a standalone single-player game? o_O
    • Like x 1
  10. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

well if you want to count online game, Metal Gear Online 2 is using the same engine as MGS4 and it's just look as impressive.. but again, that isnt a MMO... but it does support up to 16 players at once..
  11. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

First was PC, then PS3, then PS4 until the XB1 arrived. Hmm... I know where the problem is... It must be PC. I mean, they have been here since the beginning... Oldest platform!... Come on, nobody see the obvious? ... Nobody? I mean, it can't be the Game Engine... Oh no, no, no... Impossible.

Ok, back to reality. Nothing to see here... Move along.
    • Like x 2
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yes, and the PC keeps getting upgraded
  13. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

I'm going to wipe the sarcasm out of my post with you:
    The problem lies mainly and primarily in the Game Engine that runs in the servers. It dated back to Windows XP era and even thou it's been tailored with a ton of code for this game, still is an old Engine.

I'm not saying that the client platform don't work side by side with the server Engine, but if the client platform were the only cause, there wouldn't be so much issues with performance even with the high end client platforms.

Just in case you didn't catch my drift the first time, since it was clouded with jokes and sarcasms.

My 2 cents.
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Nah none of us pc players ever upgrade anything. We are all playing on the same laptops and desktops we bought 11 years ago :p
    • Like x 4
  15. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Smooth as butter:

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Maybe it's because I grew up playing Doom 2 and Mario 64, but I think this game looks great as it is. I get uncanny valley from most AAA game character models these days.
    • Like x 1
  17. LT Schmitt Committed Player

I still us the same Mac Pro I got 12 years ago and she runs like a champ!!
  18. OMNILEGION_EU Well-Known Player

What bust do the villains get?
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Same. It is one per account.... and there is only the Aquaman bust..... Big and small. ;)
  20. Backseid Devoted Player

Can someone post a pic of this thing? Magneto?