Do Away With Healer, Tank, and Troll (Roles)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Aug 11, 2017.

1. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I don't mind more threads on DPS. I don't mind requests to balance out the powers, so pew pew is more equal among all players.

What bugs the living crap out of me is that the vast majority of the players (dps) see no reason for support roles in 99% of the game content...

You stated, the longer the fight takes the higher the risk of something going awry... I simply ask wouldn't an increase in support roles in that particular circumstance greatly reduce the risk to the group? Having a tank, a troll, and a heal is supposed to help safeguard the group from these circumstances, yet you, and the vast majority of the community only sees pew pew pew as the answer.

To me that is the problem. PEW PEW is not the answer. Support roles should be stronger, needed more, and content should be developed that require them if we are going to continue to have them in game.

Otherwise just remove them, and be done with it.
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

If it really bugs you that most players play DPS you should have made a constructive thread about making all support roles relevant throughout all content instead of a thread like this -.-'
    • Like x 1
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Meant to say tank not troll
  4. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I agree. I´m agaist the role less buffs 100%
    • Like x 2
  5. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

This thread is not constructive? The vast majority of the forum population is DPS, why would they care if I made a thread like you mention? They would simply see the title "HELP SUPPORT ROLES PLEASE" and not bother to look at it at all.

Overall discussion in this thread is to bring light to the topic of support roles, their impact, and the lack of need presently in game. If players, devs and the vast majority of the forum gurus cannot see that, well so be it.
  6. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Tantrum?

Nah. I'm having a ball trying to generate some overall interest in the way support roles are treated. Obviously the two threads are opposite points of view with the same primary objective.
  7. kingmasternova Loyal Player

By what everybody is saying they want the dev's
    to remove the role buff.
  8. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

It would be a hell of a start, but I think the DEVs have announced they are going in the opposite direction and intend to make stronger....

If 4 support roles run an alert, do they get a damage increase to help them through the content? No? Then the buff isn't fair. Why should a group of 4 support roles have to take longer simply because they don't have a role they need, yet 4 DPS's get a free carry with tank, troll, and healer buff.

Its back to game development only looks to evolve DPS and no other role. Many players, are OK with this, but I think it removes incentive to play as anything other than DPS. Then when players get to end game content they complain there are no trolls, no healers, and no tanks to run raids, or at least fewer than there should be.
  9. Grumpy Dedicated Player

Delete your account.
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

Puff puff pass...

Don't be stingy OP
  11. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lol I can read between the lines and see what your saying it's really shocking some Really don't uptight around here I guess lol but I get what your saying and you would think they way this game is treated thats the case.
  12. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

the op has a point. support roles are never though about by the devs. I'm sure the game will go that way soon. everything there doing is killing the game. the revamp was a good step. but, there already going back to the old ways it seems. little thought is put into the game. other then, how can we make a fast buck. its getting old...
    • Like x 1
  13. kingmasternova Loyal Player

="StillDeathern, post: 4008441, member: 384685"]It would be a hell of a start, but I think the DEVs have announced they are going in the opposite direction and intend to make stronger....

If 4 support roles run an alert, do they get a damage increase to help them through the content? No? Then the buff isn't fair. Why should a group of 4 support roles have to take longer simply because they don't have a role they need, yet 4 DPS's get a free carry with tank, troll, and healer buff.

Its back to game development only looks to evolve DPS and no other role. Many players, are OK with this, but I think it removes incentive to play as anything other than DPS. Then when players get to end game content they complain there are no trolls, no healers, and no tanks to run raids, or at least fewer than there should be.[/quote]

If they remove it they could also use the Attack Buff as the debuff.

Use it like the rpc in pvp back then.
    In tank role it would be power debuff
    In controller role it would be heal debuff
    In healer role it would be damage debuff
    In damage role it would be defence debuff
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

What's next? Do away with all the powersets?
  15. Elpower Active Player

its not a big deal, when i started playing i was a dps , but then i switch to heal role cause i never found healer for doing some alerts (long time ago before am era) , then like we dont have healer in our league at the time, i start healing more often, and ill start to love doing it.

I think ppl dont try enough to know if other role is going to like it or not, beside, playing more roles it open your mind a little and it

It helps you to see how things look from another point of view and correct errors that you make without realizing it.
    • Like x 1
  16. EpicGrind Active Player

You're off your rocker bro.

Just because you can't play the support roles well doesn't mean they should be removed.
    • Like x 1
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

18. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Not really considering how people spec now Trolls and tank are doing more dmg now then before revamp. :)
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

sure some may spec into might/power just as much as a good DPS can and still be able to get their crits for trolling (30 extra for crits for troll)

dont get me wrong someone with more SP/mods sure will out DPS a DPS in support role. Im not arguing that, but Im saying a good DPS, meaning someone who mods, has equal SP to this support role, will never be able to out DPS a DPS. Even after the revamp.

They even said DPS role would remain highest dmging class, that support would be able to deal dmg closer to DPS but to only be able to get through solo's and the like. I've yet to have a support pass me, so theres that. And theres been a few with 300+sp and that was actually scoreboard chasing lol
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

This is in fact false information. DCUO has fewer support roles than other MMOs.

I am sure if devs were to crunch numbers and do a role breakdown, everyone would be shocked to how many dps players their are compared to support. FFXIV and ESO post their role breakdown by playerbase yearly and I am sure DCUO numbers are not like thiers by a longshot. Instead of the 20/20/60 that most MMOs go for. DCUO is probably 10/5/5/80