A Corrupted Guide to Celestial- Post-Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Healing- Tips and Tricks for Loadouts and Specs

As I’m sure many of you have noticed throughout the guide Celestial has some steep power costs which will make the consumption higher in comparison to other healing powers. The tips I will suggest for Celestial healing will be based around those facts, and hopefully one day I’ll get to edit this section based on necessary hotfixes being made to healing.

Builds- Mods and SP Spec

SP Spec:

~Superpowered Mastery is the best choice for Celestial healing due to the increased power pool. The passive regen is also better than the Hybrid Mastery regen, because of the frequency at which you have to reapply HoTs.

~By choosing the Superpowered Mastery this leaves you free to choose any weapon, weapon combos, or WM you like since it has no bearings on your power regen. You will mainly be using the weapon combos or WM you choose as a timer for when to reapply your HoTs. For example if you are running a 3 HoT setup, after clipping all 3 HoTs to set them up you will have exactly enough time for one Brawling ranged WM or one Hand Blasters Solar Flame before needing to reapply your 3 HoTs because the duration for each is 6 ticks over 6 seconds.

~You need to get all your Critical Healing Chance and Critical Healing Magnitude (60 SP). Depending how many you left after this will effect where I suggest spending them. If you have at least 275+ left I would recommend the 205 into Restoration and the remainder in Might/Power to increase your power pool. If you have less than 205 left I would recommend you put 100 into Restoration to receive the 10% increase and the remainder in Might/Power to increase your power pool.

• Like x 4
  2. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

HT Mods:

~Weapon- If you chose Superpowered Mastery then this one is based on your own preference. If you chose Hybrid Mastery you need to get the Replenishing Adapter to assist with power regen.

~ Head- This mod should be your Supercharge mod (from Time Capsules) i.e. Consecrated Ground 3

~Back- Breakout Protection or Breakout Regeneration if you are using the ones from your base. It’s really a matter of personal preference on that one. If you are using Time Capsule Tactical Mods I would recommend Accelerated Blessing.

~Chest- Given Celestial’s power cost issues Reserve Tank is what I would recommend to get the 5% increased power pool.

~Hands- If you are using Guardian’s Light you need to use Empowered Channeling tactical to prevent being interrupted. If you are not using Guardian’s Light I would recommend Regenerative Shielding.

~Feet- This is another that I would categorize as personal preference. If you are Acrobatics I will recommend Tumbling Master. Tumbling Master allows you to move out of danger farther and faster in emergent situations i.e Stompa jumping at you. It also helps you get to pickups faster.
    • Like x 5
  3. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Generator Mods

Yellow- Restoration

Red- Might

Blue- Power

Equipment Modifications

Augments-

You should be choosing and ranking up the Restoring Augments. These will give you an increase to your Restoration.

Artifacts-

~ Demon's Fang- For increased Restoration. Grants 5% Restoration increase at Rank 160.
    ~Omegahedron- Grants increased power regen when your power pool is between 25 and 75% by 12.5% at Rank 160
    ~Starheart or Soul Cloak- You can choose the Starheart for extra Restoration, or you can choose Soul Cloak for the extra Power Pool. Soul Cloak reduces the cooldown on SC's which would be beneficial if you are running Sacrifice over Consecrated Ground. Soul Cloak also increases your overall SC and SC generation by 27% at Rank 160.

The third one is more the preference/playstyle of the player.
    • Like x 4
  4. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Loadout Tips for Content

Content Type

~Alerts- You can generally keep a good group up using 1-2 Burst-HoTs i.e CS and possibly needing the occasional AcB. Use priority (Renew) or Blessing (4 man shield) when necessary.

~Raids/Elite Raids- Depending on the difficulty level of the content you can either run a 2 or 3 Burst/HoT setup. Use Blessing and Renew as needed. This leaves you 1 space for a SC. The SC is your choice, but my recommendation would be Consecrated Ground (it’s the MVP :p ).

~Survival Mode- You should use a 3 Burst/HoT setup, Blessing, Renew, and Consecrated Ground are mandatory for this content in my opinion due to the increased amount of incoming damage at higher rounds and difficulty level of the content.
    • Like x 4
  5. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

General Tips and Tricks

·Consume Souls and AcB should be your main two Burst/HoTs.

·Virtuous Light can be used as a third HoT or as an OMG moment because of the high end burst at the beginning.

·Guardian’s Light can be put on in place of Virtuous Light for the OMG moments to give more heals for the same power cost.

·If you are using VL as a 3rd HoT or have Guardian’s Light on and need a big burst to aid the group you can clip Admonish to Renew.

·Blessing and Renew should always be on your loadout regardless of the content.

·WoTPcCS can be substituted in as well for a 3rd HoT or as one of the 2 you rotate in Raid content dependent on your setup.

~A lot of Celestial healing is based on personal preference when it comes to loadout setup and how you choose to heal content. The best advice I can give on the subject of healing in general with Celestial is regardless of what you choose to put on your loadout make sure you are efficient heal and power wise and completing things based on skills and not spams.

~Take your time with Celestial healing and learn the power inside and out. You need to know your HoTs and Bursts. Overtime you will learn what you can and can’t get away with as a Celestial healer in any content you should happen to run. It is an amazing and fairly versatile powerset in regards to healing carrying so many aspects/advantages the other powersets don’t have. Learn those aspects/advantages and use them to your advantage to excel with Celestial.

*Disclaimer- This section is based on personal experience from healing with Celestial for a few years as well as diligent testing throughout its entire duration on Test Server.
    • Like x 5
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Battle Healing

After you've mastered healing, and want to further expand your abilities, battle healing is nice challange that you can strive for when the content/group allows for it!

What is battle healing?

Battle healing is defined as focusing more on the damage side of healer role. In order to achieve this unfortunately some healer stats need to be cut such as restoration and what abilities you use on your loadout. Knowing how much to cut and where to cut it the key to effective battle healing without jeopardizing your primary job, which is obviously keeping people alive :p

Let's start with the facts:
    • You can heal all content without speccing into any restoration if you're skilled enough
    • All current end tier content (excluding elite, do not try this in elite) can be healed with only 8,000 restoration (will change that number as we get more dlc's and CR increases)
    • Speccing into power over restoration will not jeopardize your healing, but give you more power to use heals which makes up for the cut in healing out.
    • All combos related to healing receive a damage penalty of some sort, whether it would be the initial cast or the combo portion. AcB receives penalty on both, WoTPcCS receives it on the combo portion, CScWoTP receives it on the initial cast, and well you get the idea, it won't be too hard to figure out once you go through and look at the combos, the portions that both heal and deal damage will get the cut
    With these known facts, it's time to construct your loadout and spec! Regardless of your focus you'll want to make sure the healing side of your job is properly covered before you do anything with damage. That said you'll want to get all your healing crits first. then depending on what you want your focus to be, go either might/power, or precision.

Weapon-based battle healing: After you get your healing crits, you'll jump straight into your damage crits. It will require at least 129 sp to get all your crits and a proper weapon. Once you have all of that, you'll go straight into precision. Superpowered is the recommended mastery for all battle heal set ups since it gives additional passive regen and power. Hybrid isn't a bad choice either since it gives you resto which helps make up the difference in not speccing into resto. Once crits and mastery are out of the way, you'll want to go into precision. To battle heal fully with weapons, you will need to get all your crits + max out on the precision innate (number will change as the cap on stats increase each dlc). As long as you get enough for the 10% stat buff at 100 points you'll be all set here for the most part.

For a loadout, my reccomended one would be:
    Renew (instant heal), guardians light, AcB, blessing, DMcB, anoint

For this loadout you'll rotate blessing and DMcB, once blessing goes away, cast DMcB. The shielding will reduce the amount of heals that need to be done giving you more time to weapon combo. AcB will be rotated in-between weapon usage for a good HoT, and admonish can be clipped with renew for some fast "oh ****" heals. Guardians light is a quick group picker-upper when everyone takes massive damage at one time. Overall damage will be dependent on weapon of choice, it's recommended to spec into a WM combo, something fairly quick. For melee, bow into MA isn't a bad choice, for range, staff into rifle would be a decent choice. This set up is excellent for open world and duos, alerts and raids it's not really recommended but if you're a daredevil like me, go for it!

Might-based battle healing: Or PFtT battle healing, is done with pure combos, no weapon. In fact, you don't even need to spec into weapon combos. Same set up as above with crits, except once you get all you're healing crits, you'll dive into might/power, since that's the most important aspect of PFtT battle healing. It takes at least 163 sp to get all your healing crits, and 100 points into might/power for the 10% buff. Once you get to 100 points, you'll start on your dps crits and finish those off, which requires 222 sp for both crits and 100 points into power. Once that's said and done, the rest of the points can be dumped into might/power until capped out, again the cap raises each dlc.

Recommended loadout:
    Renew, gaurdians light, WoTPcCS, CScWoTP, DMcB, DLcP (can be swapped out with cursed idol)

To start this rotation, you'll go into DMcB for shielding, followed by CScWoTP, then WoTPcCS. These will be the three main combos you rotate. On bosses, you'll squeeze in DLcP, since cP does not receive a penalty and great on single target. The purpose of this loadout is to make sure all your avenues are covered with healing and use combos that the take the least amount of penalty while still having decent healing efficiency. Since cWoTP and WoTP do not receive penalties, most of your damage will come from them besides DMcB, which is also penalized BUT since its a 4-man shield in healer role, everyone else's shield exploding counts towards your damage, so its 4x the amount of damage.

Quick Advice and Tips:

1. Curse and cC does not receive a penalty and an excellent choice on bosses with adds. Be sure to re-target yourself on adds when they spawn to get the most out of them
    2. When adds come out, target them with DM so when they die, people receive the high burst heal from it. Very situational heal but another avenue to help cover all gaps.
    3. For modding, it's ideal to go resto/power in all yellows for both set ups. Since healers can get clip-happy at times, the extra power will help make up for it. Also usage of reserve tank (tactical chest mod) is recommended as well as replenishing adapter (tactical weapon mod).
    4. For PFtT battle heal, PcDL is not a bad choice to replace WoTPcCS with, it's heal is ok (not the best) but clipped with other heals, makes up for the penalized heal it receives due to dealing damage as well.

Example of might based battle heal:

Well that's it for now, good luck and show the world what celestial battle heal can do!

• Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Reserved for DPS PvP

Coming Soon (TM)

(3/12/2018 Edit: I promise it's coming soon.....LOL)
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Reserved for Healing in PvP.

Ermmmmmm does anyone PvP anymore???? :p
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

Nicely done!
    • Like x 2
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Thank you, not completely done yet but getting there
    • Like x 2
  11. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Thank you :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Fixed the combo chart...had an outdated version up :oops:
    • Like x 1
  13. Tilz Loyal Player

Great Work :)
    Good to see the celestial guide up again!!
    • Like x 2
  14. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Great guide. Still sad to see the actually base heal on VLs HoTs
    • Like x 1
  15. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Yea it's very low and very sad to be a 450 power cost. :(
    • Like x 2
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

Just heard about Water, and wanted to at least check it out because of how long it's been in the works, lol! Browsed around the forums a bit and saw this awesome Celestial guide! The two of you truly did a great job putting this together. Definitely gets the Remander stamp of approval. Hope everyone is enjoying the changes. It seems you are in good hands with Fatal and Charmed. ;) Happy gaming to everyone!

-Rem
    • Like x 6
  17. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Thanks! I was hoping we'd make you proud! :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Glad to see we did your legacy justice, hopefully you'll consider returning one day! Even though I'm kind of upset with how much more limited battle healing got, celestial overall got a much more variety to it and very fun to play, something I wish it had during the AM period.
    • Like x 2
  19. Tilz Loyal Player

Remy!
    How are you?
    Maybe I'll see you on test soon. Fun times back then with the celest AM on test with you :D
    • Like x 2
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Not this time, brother. Good memories, though. ;)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.