Producer's Letter: State of the Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmce84 Loyal Player

Oh look content was broken, it wasn't just that players had no idea what to do. Come on people did it actually make sense to you that 5 years old content was as hard as a month old content, even with 0 SP you still had the stats from the gear and going by what the devs said about gear, CR 190 meant you had nearly all of the end game gear and thus had the stats to take on that content. Yet people had groups of players at CR 190 with 250+ sp and still had issues with lower content, and they still said content had no issues and was doable, how this made sense to some of them is beyond me, in a progression based game you aren't supposed to struggle with content that's years old if you are at the edge of end game. I wouldn't have minded to have my 190 CR 220 SP character struggle in T7, maybe a bit in T6 depending on the instance but not so much that a raid would take 30 minutes to finish, but to spend an hour in freaking Nexus or Paradox was just stupid, not to mention I should in fact be able to solo Nexus at CR 190 with SP 220 without having to worry about mechanics. But this is just T5, lower tiers had the same issue and some still defended it blaming players for not knowing the mechanics, honestly the only mechanic players don't know in this game is talking and understanding.

And lets not forget about the players in lower content at level struggling who where even more bashed for also not knowing mechanics, the thing is that in every update it's the same thing, players with legitimate issues that where in fact brought up during test but ignored, being attacked by the players who always back every decisions the devs make regardless, then when the devs admit the issues where real the players behind them turn on them because they are catering to the casuals, even though they admitted there where issues. Anyway I still don't think i'll come back, saw this because someone told me on Facebook but until the changes are implemented I'm not reinstalling the game, not even test server at this point, and even so lets see what they really fix in the end.
    • Like x 2
  2. bmce84 Loyal Player

Oh yeah btw, make the URK actually recover everything and not just the Bytes, stop with the exaggerated grind this creates specially if it's also a MP item.
    • Like x 1
  3. sweetbabysabes Active Player

I made a comment on another thread about being a parent and having a job with 5 kids. That was my choice and this was my get away for a few hours a day. Those that want a harder gameplay, how bout they make a server dedicated to those that can live in this game. Those of us that can't and are playing for fun, want to be able to enjoy their hard work. I'm not saying that the game shouldn't be adjusted, or that it was perfect. However, some stuff was good. Other things bad. No point in playing/running things that for 45 minutes of wait time end up disbanded that you could solo. In dps powers should be set across the board evenly. Each role should be buffed for that role. Troller pushes more power, tanks can actually tank without getting 2 to 4 shots death, and a healer should be able to actually heal more than if I pop a soda. I'm cool with game mechanics for sure. But if I'm evenly powered at the start and I max out my crits, and all 175 might and I run with someone lower, they shouldn't be in the same area of damage as me. Especially if they don't have 276 sp. That is not balanced. If your not having problems getting groups that can complete the missions then your in a hardcore group that has plenty of time. That is cool. For those that drop in a few hours to get away like people playing COD on the weekends. We want fun, not all this waiting and trying to figure out things. I want to feel super since I spent time and money to replay/grind for feats. Those that want hardcore, ask them to get you a server dedicated for Hard Mode maybe? However plz don't tell me I should be happy about playing for 3 hours or less and if I can't gather 100 mil for a flaming feather to get a material for a feat then I suck. That isn't right. Feats are supposed to be working as a team/group to complete something. Not how about throwing another $20 and pray your capsule has what you want. This is my opinion and mine alone, but how bout actually balancing dps across the board on every dps power as a base, then making my SP stats matter. No offense to you that play all day long or live to grind, most of us can't. So if they are actually addressing this, then that is cool. If not, more will leave and the few that love the Super hardcore aspect will have it till it dies. I'd rather see balance and enjoy this game for a few more years!! Sorry for the rant. Again no offense to anyone on here. Just my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

1. I'll freely admit I've always been a bit of an odd duck in how I play the game, so being told I'm going against the norm is no big deal. :)

2. I can understand wanting to put something into place to prevent accidental deletions, but it seems like that could also be resolved by adding in a pop-up when trying to delete it saying, "Are you sure you want to delete this item?"
  5. Cjmd74 Active Player

Sadly, that's for those "expert" gamers or just those that can clip well. I am not one of those ppl
  6. High Troller Loyal Player

I find this consumable very helpful in fending off unwanted attention:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
  8. neosephoria New Player

And them being hard af & content taking too long is how we got to things being easy lol. They know no middle ground tbh
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

Thats actually one simple solution and a very good idea... Why did noone thought on that one so far anyways ;) :D :) I would also show the feats in the instance aswell, next to the scoreboard, where you can see your lootlocks and reset
  10. kraptastic Well-Known Player

I don't see how they couldn't find it important as it has the most time spent designing it and it's the gateway for endgame money makers (players)
  11. Aerith Rose Committed Player

This would certainly it be convienent and I would support it. A major problem though is there are many old feats that are not well described in game. Many fear explanations simply need rewritten.
  12. buddah Well-Known Player

Yes but at some point that healthy T1 pool will eventually stop running the lower tier content causing the lower tier pool to dry up. What needs to happen and should have happened a long time ago is communication between end game and lower tier players
  13. Gimpy Loyal Player

You're ignoring the fact of "why those lower levels have a healthy population" right now,,, be clear on that part,,, right now.

Right now open episodes is going on and an increase in the F2P population is in the lower tiers..

Just as it has been with every "Open Episodes" event, the vast majority of those F2P players will not be here after "Open Episodes" ends.
    • Like x 1
  14. DrPangea New Player

Hey, thank you for the heads up, I think this is going to solve many things; especially the part of the buffs for the lack of roles inside instances.

Unfortunately, there is one thing that I have noticed is not working quite properly; and maybe these adjustments will not fix it completely. The fact is many scoreboard chasers figured out that the easiest way to get damage out is with melee combo base tank powers (rumble-crushed, melee rage/atomic combos); I can still beat them with my fire, ice, munitions or sorcery toons; but that's not the point, the point is the desperation to get the most damage out is killing healers and trolls (and sometimes tanks because they don't get enough power or heals back, because it gets to this thirsty dps first); support roles don't count on WM anymore to have power back and POTs are a thing of the past.

Many people stay on the first page of the scoreboard after raids, but I couldn't care less about that page; the next pages show how dps get much more power in than healers and trolls. they show how dps get more heals in than tanks!! Except, of course, you are lucky enough to encounter a newborn "battle tank" which will burst true power to get damage out and loose lots of heals everytime he gets counter giving immunity to bosses and making it all just a bit more complicated.

I'm used to solo heal ELITE raids, but even with 2 trolls in USe, after revamp, is just not worth it.. Now we have people running with 2 trolls and 2 heals for stuff like GOM or DWF. Seriously? almost 80% of the people in this game are straight DPS and the ones who do support roles usually rather run stuff with their leagues because of all the douches complaining about supports when they can't follow the simplest of mechanics; getting groups for raids is taking longer than ever because no one wants to troll or heal.

I've been playing the game since 2011; first on ps and now on PC; never switch powers on any of my toons, I was munitions before they made it "OP" and manage to keep up using suppressor turret on every corner, as I have been doing with fire and eternal flame since long ago when no one wanted to play fire. Ice was also updated a couple of years ago close to the time they changed munitions and mental; before that, you only needed to keep your blizzard and snow devil inside your ice elemental to keep up, yes it was harder, but much more stable for the game. Sorcery has always been great at DPS not going to lie, as a healer (I'm not saying it is the best) it was the most versatile one, you could adapt your loadout for any situation; now I can hardly keep the finger out of my priority heal or some hot head DPS is dead.

I think what you are doing will help make things better, but I wouldn't rule out the way our sp are spent; if you consider people need health or dom in their DPS sets in order to survive content, block the precision three after you've reached the max on might or create a cap for sp you can spend in precision and might combine so people use their other stats and manage to survive and carry their own weight in terms of power and health.; if you don't want that then yeah for the best of the game (which is made of majority average players) you have to buff support roles or nerf some content. You could also give us back POT and WM for support roles and make everything depend on the trolls, that's another way to go I guess.
    I'm doing fine, I can solo troll and solo heal stuff with my league no problem at all, but I use to join anything just to help, started raids, ninja invites from randoms, you name it. I always have some unlocked toon and if not my 4 mains are past 300 SP, at this point I always have some spare replays...

Thank you for noticing it and fixing it, just trying to contribute over here, peace
    >::D
  15. DrPangea New Player

NO REDUCING, you have to consider every power, it should be like the way you restore power in open world, simple.
  16. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

They need to fix the Mental bugs; at least then, we can see if it is still weak.
  17. Shredded Anarchy New Player

Everything sounds like it would be good besides the fact that you guys think you have to GIVE gear to people through the vault now.. Why cant you just throw in some styles and call it a day, maybe make the free mark that drops good for your teir or something.. REALLY Gear that Scales in the Vault..
    • Like x 2
  18. DrPangea New Player

Sadly yes, on the DPS side spam is winning on stats revamp; spam jackhammer or spam melee combos with rage/atomic; spam 3 powers with quantum and wait for your SC. Don't get me wrong I'm spamming as well, just didn't switch my powers, hybrid load outs are too annoying, to be honest; find the best weapon (bow MA WM or HB bow WM) switch to it, find the best balance between might and precision according to your best powers; after days of study, practice, and countless failures you find a loadout you consider the best; you clip your AM combos with your powers that do damage over time and you clip with your instant damage while those are on cooldown. At the end of the day with all that effort, you manage to do more damage than the pure power fellows of your same power but only by 5% more in the best cases. (I have 300+ SP on 4 toons; not making this up)

We using extended supercharges, iconic powers, everything we can... And the ones of us with more gray matter are using shields and stuff that gives us power back in order to contribute to our support roles.

But the truth is, it is not 100% balanced. In my opinion, you shouldn't have a cap for might or precision, and if not you should give the same 175 points as a cap of combined points between them; otherwise, the power migration will continue, every1 will use the same weapons and when you have more ppl close to 400 sp many of them will feel like I feel sometimes, it doesn't make sense to try to keep getting sp as DPS once you pass 250; better to go power base and spend your time making money or something else than going hybrid for only 5% more damage (than your own power) in a perfect scenario where you don't miss your combos and you manage to do 1% more or the same (or sometimes less depending on your mods) damage than the guy who is jackhammering the feet of the boss.
    • Like x 2
  19. Dr Petros Well-Known Player

Regarding high level players running lower tiered content:
    I don't mind the clamp too much, it can mean a rather large reduction but its nice to run content with mechanics again. I do feel, however, that at the difficulty it is at, we should at least be getting marks for running it. Though this will probably be fixed with the new marks for each tier that was mentioned?

The big issue with boosting roleless buffs:
    As soon as these are boosted, everyone will go back to running alerts with 3-4 dps again, something which is already fairly common, defeating part of the purpose of the stats revamp in general, which is to make people play their roles and use game mechanics. I can't express how many times I've had to explain the mechanics of the last bosses in War Crimes and Saving Justice for example. These have been out for months now with people running them daily yet often people are too busy doing damage to notice. JFA as another example: just about every time I run a pickup group I find myself as the only one doing the mechanics on the first boss. Everyone else is completely satisfied with the futility of blasting away at the boss's shield with no effect. The problem, I feel, is with the mechanics and the failure on the part of the players to use them.

A suggestion for feat navigation:
    When running content I feel it would be very beneficial to have an option (perhaps in settings) for all the feats in that area or instance to come up first. The idea would be if you are running paradox wave, for example, all feats applicable to paradox wave would come up separated or highlighted in some way, however you could still view the whole feat list by scrolling down past this. Maybe a "Current instance/zone" tab?

A tip regarding tedious placement of skill points:
    On PC at least (haven't tested this on PS) placing your mouse cursor on the skill you wish to use your skill point on and holding down spacebar instead of rapidly pushing it places your skills very quickly and with much less effort. Again, I'm not sure if doing the same with the x button on PS would work but definitely worth trying.

- Petros
  20. recoil Committed Player

not a bad idea really. i mean we have so much gear available rather easily but how many styles that are interesting have we had released recently? i mean outside events and capsules?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.