Pvp is still not worth your time.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ParsEUPS, Aug 2, 2017.

1. ParsEUPS Active Player

So i was persuaded to jump on and test out the new revamp by a couple of friends, unfortunately i was disappointed yet again. I didn't play too much but in the few games i played I decided dc still isn't worth playing.

Arenas - In all honesty i only played a 1v1 and had a few duels so i can't really say too much but the one thing i can say is shields are not fun to play against. Also i didn't try any 4s/5s but i can't imagine it would be fun. It was difficult enough to pick up kills in 5s as it was before this, right now i'd imagine it's near impossible with even lower damage and plenty of group shields to go about.

Legends - So first thing i noticed was counter damage is ridiculously low. (I'm not sure whether this was from the revamp or from another update since i've been away). There's almost no point in countering as it is now, you may aswell just carry on power spamming *cough batman cough* because melee taps are near enough doing as much damage as counters...
    Secondly catwoman seems to be more OP than she ever has been. She was critting on me for 1k plus with 4tap hold whereas any other MA character i tried was hitting maybe 400. As soon as people clock on to that you will see almost exclusively CW when you q, as if it wasn't bad enough already.

Honestly at this point i think it's too late but developers, you really need to pull your finger out. It's been what nearly 3 years since PvP season 3 dropped? Before that we were promised new seasons every 6months. In that time we've had 1 actual PvP update (credit where it's due gu56 was a good start for what PvP needs and the dev-player communication was great) and one set of gear which i didn't even bother buying because it was pointless.
    You've neglected half of your game for 3 years and alienated the PvP playerbase. At the end of the day it simply isn't good enough by anybody's standards and you need to provide your community with EFFORT at the very least.

Good luck to anyone who still plays dc for the PvP :).
    • Like x 1
  2. SeeMeFight Well-Known Player

Time with immunity also got lowered.

Just goes they can't fix something without breaking something else (impressively broke PVP even more).

Oh well, it was a good run.
  3. ParsEUPS Active Player

Oh right, i noticed it but i thought it was just me being rusty with my timings.
  4. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

yea, this update sucks
  5. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

People still PvP in this game?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, right now, no it's probably not good at all. The shields are fine if they consider adding RPS system back. Then the shields wouldn't be such an issue, we could see all roles needed again.

I wouldn't say the revamp was a step in any direction for PvP, but it was said over and over, this was not a PvP revamp. I feel we will be waiting awhile though. The revamp was all about one, which has always had bad consequences for PvP. Painfully still crossing my fingers that before the end of the year the PvP revamp will start.

As easy and somewhat mindnumbing that pve can be, it took 9 months to revamp it. Could be next summer before we see a PvP revamp. Heck, they're still trying to figure out how to drop DLCs without causing a PVE exodus.
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I never for a second thought they would actually make Arenas fun again but man I also never thought they would destroy Legends like they did. Without Legends I find myself logging in less and less sadly. When the revamp hit I was excited to try out some HL stuff in PVE but now that is starting to die down and since I don't have Legends to fall back onto in the evenings it just causes me not to want to log in. The part that boggles my mind is one of the developers told me straight up that Legends should no changes and play exactly like it did prior to the revamp. Yeah...that clearly did NOT happen. Sigh :(.

In the end, this revamp was amazing for PVE but holy hell did it crap all over PVP. :\
    • Like x 2
  8. loupblanc Dedicated Player

People forming teams using broken powers just to feel "elite".

Pvp needs a drastic revamp. In its worst state ever in the history of the game.
    • Like x 1
  9. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea 1s are fun, maybe 2s, but anything else will just result in 15min of surviving and thats not fun to me.
  10. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Ma`n ya'll complain too much.
  11. appocolyps Committed Player

Im really enjoying it but i wont lie or sugar coat why, i have figured out what is op and the rest have not clocked yet, people are still playing prec based looking for the counter, counters are a waste of time now.
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  13. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

My advice to you is don`t ever have your hopes up when a dev tells you something regarding pvp... its obviously we cant put faith in them on making this game better pvp wise, they made pvp feel so exiled from the game for YEARS, and this is the WORST(Steven A Smith voice) state i ever seen pvp in.... its heartbreaking...
    • Like x 1