Returning Player, Have No Clue Where to Begin

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Elementra, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Elementra New Player

Hey all,

It's been years since I've played DCUO and I am lost on what my loadout should be and how skills work now. I played from beta testing to the Trigon expansion pretty regularly but then had to quit to focus on real life. What have I missed in the past 2-3 years that's relevant to me now? I'm a fire tank.
  2. GRIZIM New Player

You're going to have to experiment now.. since the revamp everything has changed.. like for me now I was earth and after the revamp I went to quantum and now I'm thinking about electric again..
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Ironically, the past 2-3 years are completely irrelevant now. We're back at zero which means you don't need to catch up as much as relearn together with everyone else. To get started, check out your powerset innates (in the powers "tree"/list) to see what your mechanics are. Then check out the new Stat Point innates where you will have to choose between a Weapon Expert, Hybrid, or Superpowered focus before you can invest more SP. For tanking I'd start with the Hybrid focus but I haven't played revamp Fire Tank yet so someone else may disagree.
    One thing you need to know is that Power management is important now. Regeneration is based on your Power stat. Weapons only regenerate your Power if you use the Hybrid or Weapon Expert focus. WM combos do not regenerate any Power. So you'll need to figure out how to use your tanking mechanics without running out of Power.

Finding the build that works best for you is going to take some experimentation. If you are careful with reading ability and innate descriptions you should easily get something up and running that you can improve piece by piece as you gain more experience.
    • Like x 3
  4. Elementra New Player

Guess I'm getting back in at the right time, thanks!
  5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

6. Elementra New Player

Thanks for that! On the character select screen it has an "advance character" option, should I do that?
  7. Jeff Bond Committed Player

I'd advance your character if you want to jump ahead to content you have a chance of running. The advance character option has essentially created a new starting point.