It's Electric boogiewoogiewoogie

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Springheeljac, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Springheeljac Active Player

So a couple of years ago electric got nerfed into un-usability. I switched powers, played for a while and left because I got tired of waiting for them to fix it. Well I'm back...and uh..what happened? Even before I switched power sets I could walk through solos. I literally could not beat penguin in the last solo, felt like I was doing no damage and he was killing me in one or two hits. Maybe I just haven't figured it out yet but Electric seems mostly unchanged. Is there some new mechanic I'm just not seeing here, or is there something I need to not have my health destroyed from across the room? Anyone?
  2. Springheeljac Active Player

Nevermind it was my graphics settings I couldn't see his volley and it was knocking me into penguins.
  3. Black Mass Well-Known Player

Electric is the business. I'm a Fire user and I love that Fire is now viable. However, I have been out DPS'd several times by Electric users. It is amazing to see that power again! I love that this update is bringing back older powers and older play styles.
    • Like x 1
  4. GRIZIM New Player

My electric is trash... What are you running
  5. OtherWorldly Active Player

Electricity freaking sucks man. It was the number one Stunner. With most of the stuns gone and the freaking downgraded damage, That's not a revamp. That's a devamp.. OMG! The healing is so awful I wanna slap somebody. And I'm not talking about my 261 SPs I'm talking about the abilities. I'mma keep using them little more and learn them a little better then see what's up, really. If it's not to my liking, I'll be back
    • Like x 1
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

not sure if you're serious or not o_O
    Returned yesterday after around 6 months. Got a electricity loadout for healing and solohealed the new raids (normal) wihtout any issues. Electricity healing is amazing. Don't have a comparison, but I really don't struggle with healing. If the group ignores mechanics and dies because of that.. their fault.

haven't dived into the dps side, but from what i've seen it looks strong.
    • Like x 4
  7. GRIZIM New Player

L
    Lmk about your dps part.. I've tried... I've failed
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Welcome back!
  9. Tilz Loyal Player

Just back in game and need to get the gear/mods.. and heal comes first, that's why I won't dive into DPS currently. All electricity dps i've seen in raids were doing great. Either 1. or 2. place, without being mindless damagefarmer

• Like x 1
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

PFTT Voltaic Bolt, Electrogenesis, Electrocute, Tesla Ball, Overcharge, Megavolt is a good DoT loadout for starters.
    Start with bolt genesis electrocute Tesla Ball. Afterwards 4x overcharge, Tesla Ball then 2x overcharge
    Then start with bolt again

For more burst replace bolt with seconds lightning and Tesla Ball with Voltaic Blast..
    Now just use Overcharge twice after each Blast and start with Arc lightning after the second blast.

Both of them work really good. Don't like the Polarization side of dps even though I love the look of Electrostatic Bomb

Hope it helps. Electricity is really great now
    • Like x 1
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

interesting rotation, might try it!

Cheers! :)

P.S.: Agree with Polarization, but E-Bomb looks just amazing :)
  12. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

You need burst in there, dots good in raids, but if you did dots in alerts. You will see bad results. You need some burst as well
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Hence the two loadouts.
  14. GRIZIM New Player

Wow it works great thanks!!
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

May I add your DoT loadout to my guide with credit?
  16. Streven Dedicated Player

I'm still experimenting but there seem to be a lot of possibilities. I do like polarization for the animations and crowd control. Electric side seems to have better burst though and of course more DOT options.

My polarized/supercharge loadout if anyone's interested: repulse, static push, electrostatic bomb, electrocute, shockwave, megavolt

Rotation is situational but typically static push>electrocute>electro bomb>shockwave spam. I keep the first three on cool down and spam shockwave in the interim. Lead with electro bomb if you need to gather adds first. Rotation is just smoother with EB in third spot. Repulse is used for polarized PI on single targets outside of static push range or for crowdcontrol. Megavolt for bosses and mini bosses. I feel electrogenesis may be better than electrocute in some circumstances and they seem fairly interchangeable. Don't use either for quick dying adds.

As I said this is a good loadout for crowd control so solos and duos with lots of adds it works great. The electric side seems better for pure dps so probably better for larger content where you don't need CC and have longer boss fights that need more burn. Still experimenting.
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

Heyo, thanks for asking. Ofcourse you can use it ;)
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

Struggle in Electricity? Look for a better loadout.
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

Wow. You're post is so helpful and detailed one could assume we would be on some kind of online forum platform of some sorts...
    • Like x 2