Make Weapons Expert and Hybrid competitive with Superpowered.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pinky, Aug 1, 2017.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Munitions isn't going to play well hybrid, and splitting you stats in your skill points is a bad idea. You need to focus on either might or precision. Also if your going to use weapons spec full prec in your sp then put the leftovers in might. I wouldn't recommend playing muni hybrid though.
    • Like x 3
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Simple. The power was designed to be an AM. They don't know how to not make it work with weapons. Simple. Now PftT. Lol.
    • Like x 4
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Have you tried filling all your Precision points before sparing any for Might/Power, if you want your weapons to hit harder and your powers less?

I don't really understand why you wouldn't fill out Precision if you think you're not getting enough weapons damage.

If you do that and still find your weapon under-performing, you might have the start of a valid complaint.
  4. Mighty Committed Player

Because it's really good with some powers. Munitions is a distinctly odd duck though because it was designed as an AM in the AM era, and it's all channel, casts and long cooldowns. Moreover, being viable is not the same as being competitive. The goal was to balance the powers and to make a variety of playstyles viable. Viable doesn't mean beast, though. All the playstyles are viable, but not necessarily optimal. There'd be no way to have unique powersets and have complete parity across all playstyles and powers. Finally, and this is a personal thing for me, a playstyle that's almost entirely weapons shouldn't be on-par with a playstyle that's primarily abilities and or abilities and weapons. Abilities cost power, weapons don't.
    • Like x 2
  5. Pinky Well-Known Player

The max points for Precision is 175, which is same as the max points for Might/Power. This suggests that the devs give equal weightage to each stat point spent in Precision, compared to each stat point spent in Might/Power. So putting equal points in Precision, and Might/Power should give the same performance to weapon attacks as compared to superpower attacks. So I'm actually comparing Weapon attacks with Superpower attacks in as fair an environment as I can. If I'm playing Hybrid, if I have to spec all my points into Precision in order to make my weapon attacks get up to par with my superpower attacks, this already implies an imbalance in weapon attacks compared to superpower attacks in the first place, favoring the superpower.
  6. Pinky Well-Known Player

Alright. Point taken. I can accept that Munitions hybrid playstyle is viable. I was hoping for too much thinking that it could be competitive.
    • Like x 1
  7. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Yes hybrid is a mix and is fairly close in dmg, its an issue to buff weapons expert without making a hybrid playstyle being op while taking WE focus
  8. Mighty Committed Player

You assume too much here.

Also, capping out the whole 175 in might or precision gives bonuses for hitting the 175 benchmark that you miss for splitting.
  9. Pinky Well-Known Player

You make a good point. Yea, I guess I'll have to play from the tray then.
  10. Epiclurker Well-Known Player

Does the weapon expert point spread take into account the points being used to get the required weapon masteries?
  11. Pyrometers Active Player

So for hybrid spec 175sp into precision 1st then might?
  12. KratTheDefiler Well-Known Player

Ah, this explains a lot. They need to go back to buffing the the last hit of a longer weapon combo. I love playing MA and getting to smoke bomb then watching a number between 400-500 pop up. Lol.
  13. Char Well-Known Player

Ranged WM could definitely use a buff IMO, but some of the melee combos are somewhat decent. I'm mid-transition to might mods from precision, but I can still pretty consistently hit a 10.5-12.5k dps parse on 3 targets just using the weapon buff and doing the bow to smoke bomb combo with robot sidekick up.
    • Like x 1
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

no lol, its called risk vs reward
  15. TheDrone Well-Known Player

For the most part, that's nonsense. If one person does 6M and the other 3M, you think that's not worth noting? A player who's in Damage mode is supposed to do damage. If they're doing half the damage of every else, they're not doing their job. Yes, if that person spends half the raid just picking up the dead, they probably contributed more than the rest. But, in general, the scorecard is really the only way to compare damage.
    • Like x 1
  16. TheDrone Well-Known Player

So, what you're saying is that the idea that I can now be competitive with any weapon I choose was a LIE????? ;)
  17. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Because they promised you "choice" and they're gonna let you have that "choice" even if it means choosing between something good and something you'll get ridiculed for doing.
  18. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Well, here's the problem. I haven't really seen any videos or explanations of WE that DON'T play it the way you'd expect Hybrid to be played. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding the concept. My concept of WE is you'd put in your loadout something that increases weapon damage and fill the rest with situational or utility powers. And you'd just spam your weapon attacks non-stop along with your weapon damage power. Yet nobody seems to be doing this. They're playing it as Hybrid. Maybe I'm missing the concept of WE...that or everyone else is.
    • Like x 2
  19. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Your not wrong, but there were claims that weapon choice wouldn't hamper your damage capability.
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

well last I recall all 3 play styles were suppose to be =/=, and the hybrid or weapon expert(maybe) would need a ton of SP' to even do what super powered does with less. Now idk if they adjusted that so its not like that but I doubt it.
    • Like x 1