Casual Players No Longer Welcome?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jedierick, Jul 28, 2017.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

Its called life. We all have to deal w/it. Btw the #s u used in that very long post were very flawed. Someone already pointed out how there are diminishing returns with sp still, at about 100 in each stat. And how roughly 50% of end game is almost maxing. Lets not forget how most of a players stats still come from gear.

And u somehow believe 3.6 million players with less then 100sp are active lol :rolleyes: Cause i certainly see 3.6 million players running around on dcuo. And im sure none of those are peoples low level alts or bank toons or toons they started then decided not to play. And desperate because water is being released? :confused: Oh ya know the dev team has only been saying water was coming after the revamp for ABOUT THE LAST YEAR OR SO.

But yea mass exodus coming. The end is near. Doomsday for us all. Hurry for your underground bunker cause the meteor is about to hit. The big flood is coming. And skynet has taken over. Every dcuo player run for the hills because an update happened where ya need to know how to actually play the game. Yesterday i spent 487 mins in an alert! Quick everyone, quit the game! Lastly if somehow those 3.6 million toons were active u reasonably believe that 50% of them are all going to quit at the same time? Some of this stuff is getting really silly. I really dont wanna be rude but imo you're simply trying to stir up problems and make something bigger then it really is. Its been 3 days, relax.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

And what are your challenges in life exactly? I'm curious given how easily you can diminish what Rockhound is going through.
    • Like x 2
  3. Sooner Well-Known Player

You spent 8 hours in an alert and are excited about that? Sorry but..... :)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Dunno, but the older content is way better than we've been getting. And actually you do go back and spend money on old content. They never made elite modes of most the original raids. Players would have to run regular to get into elite.

Stupid or not, spitballin ideas sir. Feats drive the game, so it only makes sense If you want to draw players in, that's what would be needed.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

An opinion is one thing...this conspiracy bull you've pulled out of your rear is another thing entirely. Cut the crap...this isn't some act of desperation. Two years ago they announced Water coming...they started some work on it but they halted it to start focusing on their balance initiative, which then morphed into a more ambitious project (Stats matter). They told us from day one that Water would be released AFTER the revamp. These projects get set up months in advance...sometimes half a year or more. They worked on Water while working on the revamp....right now it's probably getting fine tuned by their internal testers. What in Zod's name makes you think they JUST decided to pull this rabbit out of their hat when they've been talking about it for TWO FREAKING YEARS!!!????!!!

You're bitter right now, I get it...but this exaggerated bs conspiracy of yors does jack-all to help your arguments about skill points and/or content difficulty. This crap your spewing drowns out anything else you're saying. How do you even expect the Devs to take you seriously when you're making up crap about them being desperate??

As for the actual subject at hand, I'm having a hard time understanding all of this "I've got a real life so I have no skill points" rhetoric. So many easy skill points to get in this game, and yet people spend more time *itching and moaning about their lack of skill points, how few have them, how it's ruining the game and yadda yadda yadda, instead of spending a little time to knock a few out here and there. That many people with few skill points and they can't get together to feat hunt here and there??? It's like you all want a brain dead punch 'em-up style of game. You're all acting like this game is impossible to beat without all these extra skill points, even though the Devs made sure that all content was passable with very little. From where i'm standing, it's not skill points that's lacking from most....it's the ability to conquer the obstacles put in front of you. Or at least the willingness to try. I've got plenty of leaguemates with very busy schedules who only get to play an hour or two at most, and sometimes only two or three days a week. They're working on their skill points while getting some current stuff done. They don't sit there paralyzed by what looks like an insurmountable skill point climb....they just go out and get it done. You can too.

I personally feel that some adjustments need to be made...but i'm still running content and learning the new meta for all of my toons, so I can't really suggest what needs to be adjusted and where or how. But for the most part I'm glad for what the revamp has brought. No more of this mind numbingly easy crap that you could literally play in your sleep. No more of skill points and mods being meaningless because your gear score was the ONLY thing that mattered. No more of 3-4 powers ruling the roost with glitches galore while other fun powers got left in the dust. The revamp is far from perfect...but they have laid a good foundation that will be easier to adjust than previous attempts. They're looking at all feedback and watching the data...they will make adjustments. What they won't do is cave in to the threats and rivers of tears and reverse years of work just to please a few hard heads who won't even bother trying to adjust and give meaningful feedback for them to work from.
    • Like x 4
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You're talking about adding "Extra" rewards in older content to encourage high cr players to go back into the queue and help others (which I thought was the point of adding extra incentiveso_O )...who exactly are they helping in solos??? If they need to run solos only that badly, they are already getting a enough out of it. Solos are easy enough that no extra incentive is needed to get people to run them.

I defy anyone to dins me a solo that can't be beat with minimal to no skill points specced outside of weapons. All solos are designed to be beat by everyone, and the only time they are ever difficult is when you run them at the minimum entry level and you haven't figured out the strategy to beat the instance. Once you figure it out, the difficulty is naturally reduced, and when you gear up it helps even more.

Nect time, read what I wrote instead of trying to make up things that I never said. I am segregating no one, nor asking for any such thing in any way, shape or form. Those people who CHOOSE to only run solos and/or duos are handicapping themselves on purpose, and should be painfully aware that their choice comes with great restrictions or lesser options. They can't blame that on anything or anyone but themselves. There are some on this forum who have taken that route...and they fully realize the game was never intended to cater to their chosen playstyle. They've accepted this fact...others need to do the same.
    • Like x 1
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

He made an exaggerated point to counter another exaggerated point. Stop focusing on the silly and argue the real points.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Hes not trying to diminish what Rockhound is going through personally, but you have to ask, does he really think the game should progress in a brain dead state just because there are a few outlier individuals having a rough go in life??? I don't think it works that way.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Still doesn't make sense for them to spend resources on content that already has feats in them. New players don't need new feats added to entice them to play the older content, because all the feats in the older content are more than enough.
    • Like x 1
  10. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

My unrequested opinion: If the revamp is done right, low levels should once again see activity, fueled by an influx of new players that stay playing and veterans playing alt chars withouth just running to endgame. Back when SP meant something, new players where hooked by having actually something to play and vets knew they needed those SP , so lower level missions were pretty active, when the CR mess up happened, there stopped being a reason for players to play lower levels more than the times it took to unlock the next tier. Of course, it all hinges on that big "If".
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

If you look at the average player base.... you will realise that it is more then just a few outliers.

Do you play with new players a lot?? do you PUG a lot??

I see LOTs of people who seems to talk from the point of view of people who are safe and cozy in their Organised League and never play with players outside of their League.

But have no clue or don't care about the skill level of the average casual player..... or the average player period.
    Heck.... again they seem to want to completely weed out the new/casual players from the game.
    They seem oblivious to the fact that the game cannot survive without the casual players.

DCUO need the $$$ from the casual players as much as from the L33T players.
    Heck... maybe even more from the casuals thanks to sheer numbers.

If you make the game beyond what casual players can handle..... those will not stick around.

How long will DCUO last if there is no longer casuals spending $$$ playing DCUO??
    • Like x 5
  12. Sooner Well-Known Player

From what I've read from Khalon in the past, I'd say yes, he offers his help to newer players. He and I may disagree on somethings but I'm not going to let him hang for something that he actually does. :)
    • Like x 2
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Wasn't "hanging" him.

Was asking a question. ;)
  14. matth431 Level 30

Well, I'm not a new player, but I'll admit I missed a lot of SP due to only soloing/duoing. I'm currently trying to get my SP up and it is HELLISH hard when a lot of the old content cannot be achieved by a PuG, even with folk twice the CR minimum in the group. The final inmates in Strykers were hitting like trucks at CR138. Christ knows how I'd have felt going into that Alert at the actual CR suggested.

One suggestion - drop the Mark cost for style items you've already passed the Tier req for to either 1 or 5 marks apiece. Once all the exploration/solo/duo/early Alert feats are done the primary source of SP is style feats. This would help what Mepps has said the Devs are looking at, which is high CR but low SP players.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yes...yes I do...pretty much every day. I've seen all levels of play out there, some good, mostly bad. I'm not insulated from the Pug world just because i'm in a league...in fact, I get accused of pugging too much. It's only been 4+ days...people were rejecting this revamp sight unseen day one. How about we give this adjustment period a decent shot and give meaningful feedback instead of doom and gloom (not saying you specifically)???
    • Like x 1
  16. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I disagree because otherwise the opening statement has no purpose.

As for the state of the game, I made no comment there. Did you notice that? I understand you're pushing for what you want, and that's great; but you should be mindful of who you get in bed with to work toward that goal. People start to lump you together whether you think it's fair or not. But hey, that's life. Deal with it.
    • Like x 1
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

How dare you not say Me specifically?? ;) ;)

Yeah I should have separated my earlier comment.

I asked you if you played with new players....
    then went on about those who don't seem too.
    And of course the way it is phrased.... it suggest that I meant you.
    My bad.
    Did not mean you specifically. ;)

The problem with the adjustment period is that new players or casual players will not give it time.

Most people will try a game.... if they have fun they will keep on playing..... if not.... they will move on to another game.
    Most people do not play a game they hate for 6 months waiting for some sort of change that might suddenly make the game fun.

That is one of the reasons why like 30 000 000 characters are less then level 30.
    Most people.... if the game has too many BUGs..... or seems broken....... or heck if the difficulty is out of whack..... they will just leave.

Most people do not wait around for a game to be fixed.

So with this revamp.... I fear we may see another mass exodus.

Already... as you say..... "it's only been 4+ days"....
    and already there seems to be a lot less people in the game then there was 4 days ago.

Heck people used the fact that Legendary people had to queue as proof that LOTs pf players came back to the game.
    4 days later...... where are ALL those people all of a sudden??

Yes.... we could give the GU a chance and see if they fix whatever BUG or poor balancing that was missed....
    sadly most people will not wait around.
    • Like x 2
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

Yes, people on the game with 200 SP represents LESS than 2% of all players. This is a very serious issue of this game.
    • Like x 1
  19. majosea Dedicated Player

I have over 200 sp , what got me a mad they slow down the over all progression #1 vendor gear best being the best but way higher marks than even other tier , an #2 the removal of the synthetic from the game , # 3 cr relevantly, before the cr relevantly you had a lot content for marks to buy gear , rare styles , base rent ect
    more stuff to run equals more fun.
    I got into the game update 36, synthetic mod where in the vendor and the best gear drop from raids , sorry the gear/ mod progression in my eyes was the best when war of light part 1 was out. oh and before a forget there was no such thing as (time capsules) when I started.
    • Like x 1
  20. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

It depends on why they started playing the game, though. I started because it is a DC game and I love the comic book characters. I've stuck with the game (for the most part) through good and bad decisions. My decision(s) to take breaks was predicated more on life situations than on the state of the game.

I am sure there are quite a few people who fit your description in what I quoted, but there are also probably quite a few who play this game due to the lore as much as the gameplay.
    • Like x 3