Stat Revamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mahlania, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Babazoz New Player

Well, I can't argue that point because you're absolutely right, but I figured it was a foregone conclusion that micropayments in video games are a huge turn-off for most people without gobs of disposable income. I've made my fair share of them, and sorely regret it, but I'll not make that mistake again, believe that. But getting back to the main point, it just seems to me that the devs, having shot themselves in one foot with micropayments, are getting ready to shoot the other foot with the stats revamp.
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Like i said i dont disagree. But old players coming back is an unknown. Things could go back to how they were a few years ago and be better. Or not. I dont think we can say until about 6 months after it goes live. My personal opinion is there are not enough players out there willing to teach and more importantly willing to listen and take advice. And i mean right now. The community as it is today. Could things change? Sure. But we all know players have to want to learn and make that change.

I keep bringing up the 1st boss in JFA cause ive done countless runs and people cant stop dpsing for 15 seconds to take the shield down. Ive got 7 toons at end game so i can run JFA everyday of the week and i have been. Pugging it i mean. And i see this in every single run. This is the community atm. I would love nothing more if it got better. It remains to be seen if it will.

The thing i find interesting tho is we hear so much on here about dont cater to end game and how the entire community is NEEDED for the game to survive. Some of the same people who constantly say that stuff are now saying who cares about the rest of the community, adapt or leave. Stuff like this really shows me most people on these forums care only about themselves and their league. I guess in a few months we shall see how it all turns out. But thanks for giving your opinion and not being rude about it. Too much of that lately. This my opinion is the only 1 that matters crap needs to stop.
    • Like x 5
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Well, my entire league quit due to the boring AMs, monthly content and all that cr differential junk. Now that is all going away and my entire league just starting playing again. So there you go.
    • Like x 4
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Nature and Electricity DPS are looking at you.
    The way I see it, a broken system is being replaced with something fresh and new. And far as controlling goes, play with people that can learn to manage their power if you don't want to feel like a battery.
    Civil enough?
    • Like x 2
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Me?
  6. Isif Committed Player

They will just bait a bigger hook to throw in the WATER (wink,wink) to entice new and old players into the boat.
    • Like x 1
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Except that back then we didn't require such a large power pool...after the revamp that will change. So Vit/power really is the way to go, cause having a high vitalization will mean nothing if you as the troll are constantly out of power to give, and if everything else is on cooldown (especially if you're forced to solo) you will be s.o.l.!!! High Vit isn't the be all and end all for trolls.
  8. Cardinalist Well-Known Player

Exactly! The financial management of this game has done much more damage than tunso ever did.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

So 1 league of people coming back means pretty much nothing. You and your league are not the only people playing this game. For every league that does come back another league could fold because people quit because they liked AMs or liked something else or disliked something else. Its an unknown like i said.

Here my league just lost about 10 members. 10 hardcore players who had been around 3-5 years. Does that mean every vet player is leaving? No one can use their league as a sample size for anything because its WAY too small. I cant believe this would have to be explained or that anyone would attempt to use their own league as an example of what the rest of the games population would or wouldnt do. Mind boggling :confused:

Here is an analogy. If me and the 4 people in my family all switch from verizon to sprint does it mean every other person with a cell phone in the world is switching too?
    • Like x 2
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You missed the point. You said you don't know if people would come back. I never said it represents everyone. Im proving to you that people did infact come back. The only thing that is mind boggling is that you assumed by my statement that i presumed my league represented everyone. Its an example of people hearing of the news and returning. Relax. You're assuming and guessing with your statements on whether you think people will come back or not. Im just telling you hard facts that people in my league have indeed come back.
    • Like x 2
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This is all a big what if. It could also take a wrong turn. Off roles could have been made so complicated, by today's standards, that it drives players away. Those that just got roped in this last year and just now starting to master their power and role have to start over.

Leagues will be fine, maybe.

It's pug groups that have me worried.
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

One thing I find really weird about DCUO is that there are literally no videos/guides related to operations, etc. When it comes to powers, yeah people will post "their" loadout, etc. And some people post videos of them playing raids, etc. But they never explain any of the mechanics. There are never any posts dedicated to explaining any mechanics. It's like people in this community want to keep everything they discover as some kind of secret or something. I was running a PuG group in USr last night, healing, and after 2 wipes at Gentleman Ghost, telling people to block on skull constantly, and they didn't, and they'd get one-shotted, lol. So I said, "you guys know you're killing each other right? That the skull is a reflect for other players?" After that, we beat the fight right away. Most people, including tanks, don't have any idea what is going on in most fights. But I don't blame them, how is a new tank supposed to know what's going on without any kind of info from the community "experts"? I agree with you totally Light.
  13. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

^^This right here. I use my villain as my main and while I am not looking forward to re-allocating all my sp's and figuring out new loadouts for all my toons that of course i use and pug with a lot. I wonder how much raging that will come with people running out of power. Heck, I still see people not using colas and now they have to manage their power?
    I keep reading the posts and replies from the testers to at least get a feel for what is coming and this thread as well.
    Since the update notes are in the announcements for what is on test...it has to be close.
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

having to use colas will be annoying for members, i bet every group will have someone asking for colas and not for repair this time.
  15. Ex Nihila New Player

How is the adjustment going to be with lower Tier raids/alerts/duos/solos i wonder :/

Say for example, we have a 190 CR toon with 200 SP. If i (for whatever reason) want to raid Khandaq, would i be scaled down to the appropriate max. CR lvl? SP remain the same?
    If so, wouldn't it be kind of a not so bad idea, as it would make you be not too OP to slash through everything (even if my ego wants that ^^), play accordingly to the mechanics and even get guaranteed loot+marks because you are in the cr relevant range?

just wondering...
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You're talking about stat clamping. That is NOT in the stats revamp. Any problems you're seeing in lower levels currently are a result of the removal of cr differential and the further need to adjust things in individual instances.
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Remember, colas only work to a point. You have to spend real money to get colas that fill you full.
  18. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Very True. I would not be surprised to see a new cola coming based on the new set ups.
  19. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Well, the way I see it, especially with the upcoming Justice League movie, this game has a golden chance to recover from all the mess done to it this past 5 years and even grow, few +5 years MMOs get such a shot, whether they will take the chance or continue with the tradition of messing things up remains to be seen.
    But seeing the mess they've done, in an industry that is no longer new nor devoid of good and bad case studies, can't say I'm holding my breath yet.
    • Like x 2
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Helo...Soder Cola Ultimate...introduced over a year ago in the marketplace and dropping out f time capsules???o_O