Dont tell me you cant Hybrid!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by appocolyps, Jul 30, 2017.

1. appocolyps Committed Player

• Like x 3
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If this is a jab at my thread from yesterday, I already said tanks are fine.

Good on you though, grats on finding battle tanking fun.
    • Like x 1
  3. appocolyps Committed Player

No jab at all, just showing people it can be done and yes this has reignited my love for DCUO, the freedom and ability to spec in so many different ways, the skilled players really do shine, to add if i can do this with a tank im 99% sure i can do not quite as well but not far off with troll and heal!
    • Like x 6
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

You can try Hybrid with combo powersets, but it'll ultimately net you a DPS loss.
    • Like x 1
  5. Greenchain Well-Known Player

+1 for the sig!!
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

As a solo heal or troll, it'll be quite the challenge. With two trolls and healers I don't have any doubt you'll be able to pull it off depending on the group itself and how power consuming they are
    • Like x 2
  7. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Did you split your SP evenly between Dominance, Health and Might/Power?

Or split your SP evenly between just Dominance and Might/Power?
  8. appocolyps Committed Player

I have 60 in might 70 dom 70 hp all crits dmg and chance
    • Like x 2
  9. appocolyps Committed Player

Tbh thats cool if people adapt the hybrid role and optimize it we can essentialy have 2 heals 2 trolls 1 tank 3dps or even 4 tanks or a mix of heals and trolls lol, i would take a good hybrid over a dps all day long!
    • Like x 3
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's what I always tell people that are against the battle role concept. I'd rather take a healer, troll, or tank that can do their job AND put out good damage over just another DPS that would speed things up just slightly.
    • Like x 4
  11. High Troller Loyal Player

Dare you to try all damage crits and all might. You will be amazed at the results.
  12. appocolyps Committed Player

I already have all crit dmg and chance.
  13. appocolyps Committed Player

Oh you mean all might, hmmm idk if i would be comfortable loosing the survivability.
    • Like x 1
  14. High Troller Loyal Player

Tank Gear still gives plenty of stats. It's worth trying. I've done it as atomic. The results are astounding.
  15. Roomba Dedicated Player

With my battle tank I grab all crits, 100 might to max the %, 100 in fom for the same reasons, and any extra I then out into might.

Beyond that is just fine tuning, but I think thats the jyst. I just need to get a sense of where my dom needs to be
    • Like x 1
  16. Roomba Dedicated Player

Also, theres just no way the other roles can do what tanks can do.

That to me isnt fair. Battle tanking is fun, the other powers deserve it as well.
    • Like x 3
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Poor cele, you will be remembered
  18. appocolyps Committed Player

Will try it, im running might dom mods, may just go full might lol XD
    • Like x 1
  19. appocolyps Committed Player

Maybe not quite as much but im sure i will be able to get close, alot of my damage comes from trinket rotations and sc, im certain of it infact shame i cant get on test server i may have to pull my cr 150 troll out of the shadows.
  20. Mussurana Level 30

Interesting thoughts here. Got a spare armoury, considering a precision spec rage battle tank now.

I'd keep the health/dom spec one for tier relevant stuff, but it could be a fun build for lower tier league runs.