GU73: Items of Omnipotence (OP)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Earth Sisters, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Fortunately the 190 box gives the 174 OP ring to show what is going on, rather than having to grind like mad in the test server.

Comparing 174 OP ring to the 175 Vendor DPS ring:

Def 195 0
    Hea 975 898
    Pow 443 449
    Pre 199 202
    Mig 390 395
    Res 212 179
    Vit 132 112
    Dom 177 0
    Wea 390 395

So,outside of little extra survivability, OP items are already WORSE, even if only 1 CR lower.

Devs, please tell me this is not intended. On live, I've gotten sick of the grind, and despite all my alts, I've only been focusing on my ice toon that seems to be lucky with OP. I was hoping that the old 133-156 OP items would still have great stats, and due to being a lower CR, dropping power use and making PftT more doable.

If this makes it to live, with no intentions to change, it will wipe all interest in the one remaining character I'm working on.
    • Like x 3
  2. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

3. Swiftduck Loyal Player

not sure where you have been, but those stat differences are nothing new.

Vendor and dropped sets have always had higher amounts of might and precision than op items. In the stats revamp, i will gladly take all that extra survivability over the loss of 5 might and 3 precision. That loss of 5 might and 3 precision are going to make absolutely no difference in your damage output.
    • Like x 1
  4. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

You need to re-check those numbers. You said "all that extra survivability"... it implies A LOT. It is not. I said a "little", which it is. 77 extra health is a fraction of a skill point, mod, or slot bonus. The only notable stat is the Def, which is still not that significant. And remember, this is 1 measly CR difference... what will it be like for the 170 ring? Or the 156 ring? Or the 153 gloves? Or the 150 Chest?

Stats matter was supposed to make stats monsters like OP items relevant again, but as is, they are even LESS relevant than live.
    • Like x 1
  5. High Troller Loyal Player

In the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, the third entry for Omnipotent is "obsolete".

In case you doubt me: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/omnipotent
  6. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Yes, and the FIRST entry is "often capitalized"

Which is why we always refer to it as "OP" in proper, tea-sipping circles.
    • Like x 1
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

i wish the dbg team looked at your OP concerns 2 weeks ago. they are finally going to take a look at the issue of OP stats after many salvaged these items on live server (including me).
    • Like x 2
  8. SixSigma Well-Known Player

I'm just gonna BUMP this so that a dev hopefully see's this and responds because I hope something is done as well. I didn't spend all that time grinding for items that had higher stats in prep for stats to matter and come to find out that stats only matter on the newest items.
    • Like x 1
  9. SarahCarrygun Well-Known Player

Yeh devs, YOU TOLD US that items of omni from Amazon Fury p. lll and Starro Event will be relevant after revamp, but they are not, OP items are pretty useless now. Please fix!
    • Like x 3
  10. High Troller Loyal Player

The OP items will be looked at, but no ETA if and when they will be rebuffed.
  11. Danja9 Active Player

We pay alot of money to be overpowered for a short period of time only to be nerfed be dcuo so we can spend more money to be overpowered. I work so hard getting gears to beat lower level content so i can go back and beat it easier but not now dc wanna make it like my hard wrk was ****. Fix ur game dc or you will lose players.
    • Like x 6
  12. High Troller Loyal Player

Don't be so demanding, guy. I salvaged 6 OP items and was already reassured by Mepps that there is "no chance" in getting these items back.

Given that, I still play the game. It's not the first time to fall victim to Daybreak.
    • Like x 1
  13. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Where's the demand? He's simply telling the truth. I've already went from doing dailies on 3 characters down to 1. And in raids, I have no patience anymore. I used to wait it out for few minutes if we had a couple DCs... now I just leave... or rather just logoff altogether in disgust. OP was the carrot on the stick to keep grinding. Now that the carrot is rotten, why bother chasing it?
    • Like x 3
  14. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Exactly. And even if they give back the stats related to that carrot. What is the point? I've ran several tests myself and if the developers want it I will give it to them. I can take a character who barely meets the minimum CR to access War Crimes, has under 100 SP, and absolutely no mods at all, and at the best I can beat them by 2-3 hits worth of damage (10k tops). The thing is that I will barely beat them with a character wearing all of the gear that gives the best stats. Every 170+ OP item, 175 gear in the rest of the spots, full generator and gear mods (All might), and of course 205+ SP. I don't think the developers realize that the majority of positive feedback is coming from the following players:

1. Too lazy to grind, and happy that they can compete even though they shouldn't be able to.

2. People who supported this change relentlessly, and they just are not adult enough to publicly admit they were wrong.

3. People who had no clue about the game previously, and have even less of one now.
    • Like x 3
  15. High Troller Loyal Player

I've been pretty positive with very small exceptions. I do not meet any of your criteria.
  16. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I said the majority, not every single person with a positive support.
  17. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

They don't have long. People are losing hope quickly. I hardly see anyone from my league or friend's list on anymore.
    • Like x 1
  18. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Found out today the problem also extends to gear cr-stat scaling in general. I compared a vendor 165 healer waist vs a green 166 dps waist... Outside a little extra resto, easily made up by a better mod, every other stat was better on the dps waist 1 cr higher. Healer gear should get a least a little dom plus a little extra health and/or power compared to dps... It's almost like they WANT you to battle-heal.
    • Like x 1
  19. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Op item affinity slots should be prismatic like the pvp gear and the affinity should be dynamic based on the mod in it to help it adhere to support roles
    • Like x 3
  20. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I love this idea.
    • Like x 1