Stats Revamp PvP - Is it worth coming back the game for?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by KodyDerp, Jul 15, 2017.

1. loupblanc Dedicated Player

:eek: so OP legends like Catwoman, 2Face, Shazam, Black Adam get even more of a boost?

Catwoman MA lunge is still stronger than normal MA lunge?

Arena Pvp is now about shields for damage mitigation and then spam power? Doing weapon taps in the meantime?

CR101 has even more of an advantage versus CR96/97?
  2. Predicament Well-Known Player

I wish catwoman/cheetah MA style was a weapon for PVE. The reason Catwoman lunge does so much damage versus regular MA lunge is the animation time. It's similar to the HB lunge, that does more damage, you take a lot longer to lunge
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

If they bring back RPS I'll be tempted to play again ;)
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Catwoman and Cheetah make every other Legend's damage look like poop. I have not fully tested it on Live yet (as in tested every character) but from what I can tell no Legend characters touch their damage values. What really gets me is I reported the Catwoman and Cheetah issues back in May. I even put extra emphasis on it in my response to a developer. They still didn't fix the damage values. Sigh...

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stat-revamp-1-6-legends-pvp.286905/

I will give them credit in the fact that they at least fixed the power not returning. I still don't know if they fixed the broken healing powers in Legends.
    • Like x 1
  5. Predicament Well-Known Player

Cheetah has a passive power that increases her damage by 50% when she is below 35% health, I call it the clutch gene. But yeah shes is really high in damage.
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Yeah but her damage overall is to much. Her weapon attacks are equal to Catwoman's before Berserk kicks in at 35%. Both Catwoman and Cheetah have damage values that exceed what every other Legend character has because of it being classified as "Feline Fatal". So when the Developers do sweeping changes to the weapons they don't get touched.
    • Like x 1
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This has always been the case, which is part, is why PvP can never truly be balanced. They MUST find a way to separate the two. It really bothers me that NO PvP fixes or patches were done in 9 months, but in the twelfth hour before release, they toyed with it anyway and the PVE "balancing" reached its way over.

We are in desperate need of a dev that is solely focused on PvP. It's getting to the point of flat out removing PvP all together would be easier than fixing, financially. From some comments over the past few months, I fear cash grabs are coming to PvP if a revamp happens.
  8. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

EARTH IS TERRIBLE IN PVP the damage is TERRIBLE like come on now who did this....whats wrong with you
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Ewwwwww...it's an Earth player. Shoo shoo I say.

:p
    • Like x 2
  10. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Wassup ALLEN!!!! :D, but yea... try out earth in pvp whoever did this clearly didn't take their time testing its just terrible
  11. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

It's horrid. You can lose even if your a master at the countering system. To me, everlasting healing or immortal defenses should be consider severe flaws with PVP. I recommend going else where unless you want 20 to 30 minute matches of redundant (much too repetitive) combat.

Note: Perhaps gear would lessen the time. in which case, don't participate without high gear.
  12. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I take everything I said back. Pvp is more broken than before
    • Like x 1
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

if the skill gap between those 2 is huge then i agree but lets say if the 320sp guy counters 2-3 times less he should still be able to win vs the 82sp guy assumed both not using powers + countering matters which it clearly doesnt atm.

There should be a reason for pvp players to grind pve feats like it was at the start of the game, u need to force competitive pvp players to upgrade to a membership to accumulate revenue else devs give a **** about pvp like it is atm.
    • Like x 1
  14. BlacktigeRon3 New Player

PvP... where is the PvP?! All I see since some weeks is a totaly unbalanced crap of power and item advantage.
    Sorry DEVs this thing so called PvP doesn´t really make much fun, when you play with 45PvPcr against a full 101 PvP geared opponent.
    My oppinion: It has NOTHING to do with skill to win a match if you have the higher rated gear. There would be the possibility that everybody gets the same gear in Arena... like if you go into event-instances. I dueled with a 101PvP cr with less skills and I defeat him hardly, cause of toughness I made tiny dmg but on the long therm (5min+) I kicked his ***. I played arena against earth 101PvPCR and guess what happened.... yeah NO DMG, okay no is not true I made him a blueprint on his big toe but nothing else even if he would have skill or not. DEVS THAT IS CRAP! There are plenty of more thing to do in this great game insted of pushing "new" content and styles.

What about fixing main bugs and get some PvP-balances.
    For me, PvP has to be a BIG part of a MMORPG, but in this form it´s not PvP its GvG (gear versus gear) and think about it how frustrating it would be FOR YOU, to loose 600 matches until you have the full PvP 101 cr gear and then have to play against powers that are broken?

just my 42 cent from a PvP guy playing PvP since Streetfighter1 released!
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

point of necro :eek:

[IMG]

Sorry but SP / feats don't fix stupid, bad internet connections, server lag, refusing to block, dodge & drink a soda for you when needed. You still have to play the game. SP does not do that for you.
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Have to disagree. Gear should matter in pvp. Players need to understand PvE and PvP is different, but set up with the same system. The more you play, the better gear you'll have.

What is broken? Mechanics. Counters need to matter, end of story. Shield used to be a big part of pvp in the beginning also, but like everything else, there was a counter. The RPS system, or a new type of system, needs to be put in place first. This would help balance the OP trolls in pvp.

Now about playing as a new player and going against someone with end game gear. That's on the dev's and their horrible match making system. I also tell new players to stay out of arenas until the are 98 or 99cr. Legends is where you should be grinding and learning. Unless your running solo, it no different than the PvE side. Other players expect you to know you ****.

Not only does the over system need revamped, but also match making.
    • Like x 1
  17. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Clamp to the lowest PvP CR except in 1v1's.

Or suck it up cupcake and enjoy the endless line of one sided funlessness until you're the top tier PvP Geared player.
  18. The Fairy Well-Known Player

The devs would have to play pvp seriously to know what's wrong with it..
  19. JebuNagazi Active Player

As a oldtime PVPer of this game that sadly have moved on for a number of reasons i feel sad that the PvP is in the state that it is now.

This game had so much potential & i have had my absolut best PvP moments within it!
    PVP isent just Legends or Arenas the best part was in the PvP phase & random attacks on eachothers safezones & duels between Villians & Heroes!
    I wish that they would hire people that burns for PvP & let them try to bring out the passion from it again in this game...

Best Regard : Dirty Fred the Pink ****.

Hey there everybody Dirty Fred here...

Dont get fooled by my banner that is for my alt tank JebuNagazi.

Anyway on topic!
    I been away from the game pretty much sence they decided to add DOWNTAILS to all the powers & skills + added theese repetitive gamemechanics like WM & later on AM!

What i did love most in this game was the PVP side of it & not necessary the arena part of it but the OPEN WORLD aspect of it.
    Benn popping into the game now & again shortly just to check how things are but so far it mostly been a depressing impression!

Today i went in & just wanted to do my old Kamikaze attacks VS The Bohemian Policestation in Metro:)
    To my suprise there where absolutly NO HEROS what so ever at Bohemian PD O_O!!!

Everytime in the olden days ca 6 months ago there where a minimum of atleast 100++ heroes there!

Some video profe....

Well this was how it was every single time i went there & the PvP phase was a vibrant living entety!
    Villians & Heroes fighting over the control over the Metro hospital roof & lots of fun duels!

The things i wouls like to change to egnite some life into the PvP aspect of DCUO again is....

1 : Remove all the downtails (they restrict players & make the game slower & less fun)

2 : Adjust WM to be something that is just slightly better then use normal weapon attacks but less DPS then using your power

3 : AM as i understand was throwned in just to balance the WM wich is like shooting someone in the right leg cuz he got shoot in the left leg before & balance that out!
    Dont say that you should pointblank remove it cuz you worked hard on it... But same as WM tone it down to be less then normal powers or atlest on same lvl!

4 : As a PvPer i enjoyed to meet diffrent challenges! I was one of theese loonies that loved meeting Ice Tanks even if me as a HL DPS had a big dissadvantage!
    Bring back the ROLES in PVP please!

5 : Know this have been said a lot before but it can be said again! Add some more openworld PVP where heroes & Villians fight VS eachother to bring some life into the big open awsome places you got in the game!

6 : Got to take a note from another MMO i played before here... Jade Dynasty! There they had first a special fortress 100 VS 100 PLL pvp battle once a week you had to sign up for! In it you had 2 teams & ca 50 diffrent quest in the area you could do for your team to make points! There was also 2 bosses on each team that could spawn in the battle arena if 1 of the teams done the right quest & if you killed the opponents boss you WON! If no boss was killed the team with most points after 2 hours win the match!

7 : Terratorial WARS (this is also from Jade Dynasty) in that game diffrent leauges could fight for terratorys on the map & the more terratorys you had the more reward every week you got!
    In that game you first had to attack a terratory with npcs & manage to defeat them before the timer ran out (killing all there towers in map)
    Second part was more interesting.... If you attacked another terratory that was owned by another Leauge it turned into a PVP match!
    On noviceou could add 30 pll from your leauge to attack/defend on general 60 pll & on advanced 90 pll max!

OFC that could be adjusted to fit DCUO...

Lets say 8 on novice... 16 on general.... & 36 on advanced!

A way Terratorial wars could fit into DCUO is to let Villians leauges fight for diffrent areas of Gotham & Hero Leauges fight for diffrent leauges of Metro!
    And add that if a Villian or Hero Leauge had more then 3 terratorys they where allawed to attack opposite factions areas!

Example : A Villian Leauge have 3 terratorys & forth week of signing up on the battle map they are allowed to attack the hero side of the map (Metropolis).

In Jade Dynasty you could buy siege weapons to help you kill towers in the terratorial wars....

Lets say instead of siege weapon every team are allowed to buy 3 Legends character max that will DO 20 times more DMG on towers but same dmg as always on players!

That would add a special element of strategy & planning to the mix aswell!

Every week lets say Friday Leauges should have a 2 hour window to sign up for the battles & the on Saturday at a fixed time it starts!

So what are your thoughts about this?
  20. IamShifty Active Player

This guy nailed it^^^
    • Like x 1