HL controller question

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DoctorP2, Jul 9, 2017.

1. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

I've been playing this game for so long, I should already know the answer to this, but I'm puzzled about the debuff icons under my status bar. I've got three debuffs in my troller loadout (SnapTrap -> healing, Grasping Hand ->damage, Light Blast -> defense) and use them regularly in combat, but only the shield icon ever comes up in my display (with LB).

Do the other debuffs go into effect w/o any visual indicator? And if so, how long do they last before I have to reapply? I've done a lot of web searching for an answer and consulted the light guide in Oracle's database, but I can't find a direct answer.

And another question...I know the LB defense debuff is only supposed to work with a direct application from the tray (not by comboing into it), but even when I use it in a combo, the shield still comes up...
  2. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

you have to start with the powers separately not in a combo, heal debuff should be heart symbol and damage is a target symbol
  3. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

I know. The problem/issue/question is that even when I throw the debuffs separately from the tray, the heart and reticule don't appear for me.
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

Many times I bave to ask my team if debuff is on becuase on PS at least it doesnt always show up (PS4)
    Also if there are adds around, even when target lock on boss you need to jump to get debuff to stick
  5. gemii Dedicated Player

im still using the tap hold brawling- martial arts for hybrid controlling is their something better you guys using for power regen that you like?
  6. Greenchain Well-Known Player

I'm sorry I have to ask a really stupid question and my apologies if I misunderstood your question but the debuffs YOU cast show up on the target not under your name. The ones under your name are buffs or debuffs applied TO you not BY you.

Again, sorry if I said something totally obvious but the way the OP was stated made it sound that way.
  7. Taerie Active Player

^ well that and depending on client latency they've been known not to show up for the caster in some cases for several years

not sure if its desync, lag, missing client update info or what but its done it on occasion for ages

now that said.. if you're debuffing a mob that gets that debuff type as a BUFF .. green heart, green target, green shield.. when debuffed you will not see that debuff there, you will simply see nothing and as long as you're recasting - and continue to see nothing you're doing your job - a mob that does not get a buff, then you should (in most cases unrelated to lag etc) see that red debuff icon under their name on their bar