Feedback from ingame...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Regarding opening statement; it's not good to harass players just because they have a negative opinion. Paying customers are entitled to them.

The UI's not entirely intuitive. Testers may have gotten used to the new menu; it's the first time for most. Saw a few vets saying how lost felt; auto p_o_t, dps focus...etc. Few league mates finished specing, got tired and then just logged off before playing.

The dmg difference scoreboard is a bit of illusion, since NPC health is lower overall and our dmg is much lower. Pre-revamp, you could out dmg #2 dps by millions, now it's few hundred thousands. The gap is just relative. You're still out dpsing them.

Server was lagging during peak times. People getting disconnected from instances when they stepped through the portals.

Day 1 grade C+
    • Like x 2
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

You have to remember the bounties are open world bosses. I know you remember before GU 47 & AM's how the bounties were mostly group bounties unless you were using pvp gear ( an exploit that was fixed ).
  3. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I was having some difficulty healing today, that's my only complaint
  4. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

When they went in to do the fixin on stuff it was basically a can of full of worms and the can was being held together with band aids. Also with the damage numbers getting so high the numbers were breaking the instances.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

So i ran AoJ dailies and alerts and was top dps as quantum doing hybrid. Was nice doing some decent damage as quantum again :)

But ive seen some weird stuff being said. Lots of misinfo. Seems to be many confused players out there. Im sure after a few days or so it will all get worked out.
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

To be fair, you can't expect everything to be 100% balanced. I'd rather have a damage gap of 100ks then a gap of millions. It looks better on the eyes and forms the illusion that you're not doing as bad as you think you are. Ran JFA twice today, one guy, 203, legit said he didn't know what he was doing, literally spamming powers and hoping for the best, and was only 2 mill behind top dps. Now people can play how they want with what powers they want with a lot less fear of being kicked.
    • Like x 3
  7. M1 Garand Well-Known Player

Set SP, researched powers and set my v1.0 loadout as a nature healer, ran SJ/WC. I am on a fence now...
    I like what they did with SP and all powers availability. I love "CR is all that matter" removal. I feel like the old days when I can give any DPS run for their money pulling good damage numbers while healing. Power regeneration speed is blazing fast.

And I have some stuff now I do not impressed with.
    First - power pool size. I used to "high-stacker" approach - setting 3-4 pheromones upfront and just drop one-two, sometimes three clipped power casts when needed to burst heal. That let me always run on a full power bar and enjoy the view. Now, just setting pheromones depletes my bar to zero in less than a second. Literally. If someone need burst heal on a start (and this is the usual case) - I'm out of juice for next 2-3 seconds. And soda is not a good solution there for obvious reasons.
    Second - purely Nature healer complaint - they killed Harvest. It was jack of all trades - spread pheromones, stun, burst heal. Unbeatable for CC and tremendous power saving. Gone.
    Third - pheromones now alive for 12 seconds if not refreshed. WTH? I'm short on power already and forced cast Flourish every 12. It spreads and refreshes, no stun, you miss rotation for 1 second - you done, must spend the whole bar setting pheromones again. That upsets me a lot for now.
    • Like x 2
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I'm putting out crazy damage as a controller xD, I invested in might/power for the power, but as a result my debuffs be hitting like runaway trains xD
    • Like x 2
  9. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Ive been doing some pretty dope damage as an active Ice tank. About 50% of what dpsers at my CR were putting out, overall Im pleased how things turned out.
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I outdamaged a dps in the stabilizer duo and came second above another dps in the seasonal. Haven't tried any real group content yet, giving the community a few days to adjust.
  11. Skyhunter Level 30

Right. For those who can play for many hours, it's ok.
    But for those who don't and also don't have gazillion sp, it's not ok. And there are the usual a-holes whose sole response is a mix of "shut up and grind" and all of these holier than thou responses, what simply means a big f*** you to all players who didn't like some parts of the update. I like how I can use other powers in my loadout now, but get stomped in the 1st sub boss where until 2 days ago a good teamwork would be enough, it's quite frustrating. And not everyone has the time to try over and over again until pass through a specific enemy.
    • Like x 3
  12. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Love going back to old school action with some clipfest action.
    Still some refinement to do overall on what I actually want to run and do with as a dps.
    Going to toil with troller tonight or this weekend.

Have to readjust to old pre am habits and flow. So far, so good......
  13. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

did not really like it yesterday. starting to come around. like how we can use all powers. and the way to re do the sp. I'm getting there...were see how this works out.
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah healers need work, I'm still upset they killed celestial battle heal capabilities but you heard that rant last night already lol.

Other then that though I don't really have much to complain about. I'm enjoying the variety as DPS a lot.
  15. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

I was waiting for ur thread , glad u like it .. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Hey EK,
    I can help you with Gadgets. The good news, you can just plug in and be a super hero. Content just runs slower, unfortunately.
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

When I logged in I was on the fence about changing to Electricity for my healer. After running the two AoJ I alerts I switched. I wasn't happy. We ran two healers on JFA and while I wasn't the top healer (the tank was), I had 1/6 of the power in on the other healer because I'm Electric I can't really pre-heal.
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Heroes side was more or less the same, There were people asking questions about the revamp; But overall LFG wasn't a big fuss like I thought it was going to be.

I actually seen more Questions about the revamp than anything at the time, so realistically speaking I think the player-base at hand is going to adapt to the changes and I think this revamp should lead the game in a more positive direction.

I was Skeptical of people quitting and actually posted numerous times that I thought there was going to be a big population drop off; but surprisingly there wasn't very many complaints at all from the LFG or even random que'd pug groups. So I'm actually surprised about this, and Maybe just maybe this'll teach me to stop doubting the playerbase at hand like I used to.

Good Post Fatal+1
  19. M1 Garand Well-Known Player

I was crying out loud when figured out that one suppose to use cleanse during Eclipso fight on WC. Never did it before the revamp, just healed through whatever damage in and burned boss before ticks kills... :)
  20. M1 Garand Well-Known Player

I was always envy celestial for using precision damage for heals. But that nerf was uncalled for. :(