R.I.P. Synth Mods

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kid Multiverse, Jul 24, 2017.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Ok
    • Like x 1
  2. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Pretty much ;)
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

You stopped too late, should have like I did, right as I saw the ridiculous AF 3 farming, but hey can't wait to see the "alt solution" for this, that isn't just buying more time capsules.
    • Like x 2
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

Farming was very viable up to a year ago, then they decided to bring grind heavy content and limited events, which cut down farming times for anything outside the current content, unless you spent a stupid amount of replay which should never be part of the farming process.
    wont happen, they still think a premium player is just fine being allowed to trade.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dene Devoted Player

by the sounds of it - it was used by so many for their alts. My guess is before SP sharing and synth mods - less had alts and/or had less or no alts
    • Like x 1
  6. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I can absolutelly not understand, why so many good Features, which were added to the game later, are now being removed again, though they have proven to be very good additions to the game:

Rare style vendor:
    Newest drop-styles were not added anymore without Explanation, making us totally depended on drop-luck yet again. (Still haven't finished my drop-style from Oly/GoM)

Marks-unification:
    At first we got all marks merged to marks of Triumph, so we could get marks from any Content for the lowest to second highest Tier items. Then marks for fury were introduced to buy everything with. This was a good way to make old Content relevant again and at least allow a Little extra Progression for those, who couldn't or didn't want to run the newest Content only.
    Now we yet again get a new currency with each new DLC, which is a huge step backwards.

Synth-Mods:
    Those were a great Addition to those, who agree with, that farming exobits is nothing but a time-sink, but no real Content, and that running actual Content to get mods with is a lot more fun. It also allowed regularily remodding gear, when the next set of gear came out, and it allowed to mod for alts even.
    Now they are removed, destroying all the Progress, that our player-Feedback in the last years made possible.

There are so many more things, but those were the first I could think of.

I am deeply disappointed in what this game has turned into.
    I loved playing it for so Long and spend a lot of Money in it.
    I'm mad at those, who made all those stupid decisions, which have totally taken the fun out of the game to me.
    With every single new paywall for character-Progression ON TOP of Membership-exclusive stuff, the Thing, that should have been the REAL source for income, the subscription, has been devalued more and more.

This is wrong on so many Levels, but they just don't listen.
    I can easily Count 10+ People, who have been playing this game on endgame-Level with Passion for years, who stopped during the last 12-18 months because of that and I don't think this game can be saved anymore, if they don't realize, that this is destroying the Population and driving away paying customers.
    • Like x 5
  7. ChillCat Loyal Player

No, thanks. I'm not going to deprive you of the benefit.
  8. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Another question for me is :how wil it be for us that only beta mod our gears now? will it be like we wil not be invited to any pug or raids ?
    • Like x 3
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So much this. If people really think we're going to waste special forces removal kits on green gear one IL higher, then maybe they should wish for something more plausible. Like a pet unicorn.
    • Like x 3
  10. VariableFire Loyal Player

Special Forces mods? I haven't even crafted any Olympian mods yet (still working on the generator mods). With how fast gear moves I don't know if I'll ever get around to crafting them. The mod removal kits should be 5 marks, not 20. Removing synth mods...I may not even mod at all any more.

With how fast gear can change and how much effort it takes to make the mod, the mod feels more like an overpriced consumable.
    • Like x 3
  11. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Alpha mods guys, alpha mods.

Innates bae.
  12. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Betas, man! Most betas only cost 1 exo. :D

Hop on the broker now to get all the material you can before the prices go through the roof!
  13. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Pretty stupid if you ask me, but it does make sense since it keeps people in the rat race. When I was new to the game I saw some high rank guy in a raid just knit-picking everyone for not having mods. Let's forget the fact that he was 192 CR and couldn't even solo Bombshell Paradox. I think the guy should have made his name "Mod Man" because I have ended up in pug groups with him a few different times and every single time it was just "This guy has no nods, this guy has no mods, no one has no mods" as if the mods were the reason the tank and healer who were trying to dps while in their "role" weren't getting the job done.

So needless to say I had a massive stockpile of exobytes from my even more noob days of spending $200 at a time on stabilizers and opening hundreds of TCs at once. And after meeting "Mod man" the first time I ran around and crafted a VIII mod every single time I got a new piece of gear. Who cares if I was putting resto or god knows what in because it matched the affinity bonus color, I had mods right? Eventually this depleted my stockpile of everything. Pretty quickly actually since it was during Starro where I would get new gear almost every run.

Of course I have never once walked away from the exobits floating around the world. I still don't. But after I figured out things a bit better I relied on synthetics because I knew I was going to continue to run through gear and I didn't see the point in wasting crafting materials. Of course once I discovered that they had the new mod recovery kits with AoJ that changed things a bit but not entirely. I slowly worked on replacing the synthetics with SF and Olympians. Then I came back and overwrote Olympians with SF. Same thing I am doing with my Generator mods (Aside from might) at the moment.

I thought that Synthetic Mods were just fine as they were. The statement about them being good enough to make players not want to get regular mods just shows how out of touch with the game the developers really are.
    • Like x 6
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If the community is ok with people using betas on gear that isn't scaled to the max IL, then there shouldn't be an issue.
    • Like x 1
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

While that guy does sound like an absolute tool, I will say that soloing Bombshell is a little tricky because the damage from the bombs in the second battle and the black holes in the final battle don't scale down with cr.
    • Like x 1
  16. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Exactly the reason that people shouldn't run in without the rest of their team. This was not even the first 192 CR that I had seen do this. I remember seeing one run in and say "I got this". He totally did not have this, and then when people poked fun at him by saying stuff like "Yeah you totally got this" or something like that he just spent the rest of the time arguing with people. Good times.

I have been able to butcher and massacre my way through raids, but from being in the shoes of those who are lower I try not to just chop things down. Or if I am 100% needed for survival I make absolutely sure I don't leave anything behind. I've seen a lot who just try to run through the ads and straight to the boss fight, and they leave behind ads that mangle the lower ranks.
    • Like x 2
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Same here. I don't understand why people skip adds. 99% of my deaths in raids at level are to stray adds that were just slightly out of range of the tank's taunt, so I find mowing them down to be rather cathartic.
    • Like x 2
  18. MastaMind Dedicated Player

True that. Plus I just remember the days when they would eat me alive. I am always just like:

"REMEMBER ME ADS?!?!?!"

*Insert lip made gun noises*

*Stands in piles of bodies with guns smoking*

"They drew first blood!!!!"
    • Like x 2
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

Of course the usual suspects of yes-men have no problems at all with this new change.
    "Hey, let's find more ways to further kill off alts. YAY! SUPERGREAT!!!". :rolleyes:
    • Like x 6
  20. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Idk this sounded good in my head but ill just put it out here. What if there was a way you could upgrade your mods without having to replace them. Like you could you use marks as a way to upgrade them. If you have an alpha you can upgrade to a beta with 1 mark. The cost would scale with the strength of the mod but it would still be more affordable.Maybe set up a system like that, so then you can have more mats and time to mod off roles and alts.

Scream at me. Ridicule me. Or praise me.
    Lemme know what you guys think?
    • Like x 2