Next on Test: Game Update 73 - The Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

1. krytine Loyal Player

Where in sam hill blue blazen tarnation did anyone ask for a increase to the roleless buff???? No one asked for it so why are they making this massive change and claim they wanted more team work more balanced groups but promote dps universe all over again.

Here is a thought clean out your ears devs we dont want the roleless buff at all. That way pug groups can learn how to use there powers befor a raid.
    • Like x 6
  2. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

sounds good...were see...
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Heres a little newsflash: you don't speak for the community.

You, as an individual, dont want roleless buffs.
    • Like x 3
  4. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

5. zor ile Well-Known Player

this is an abomination, this should be taken down immediately. you need to go into lower content and see they still shred you.
    • Like x 1
  6. Shandirra1006 Active Player

That may be your experience but it is most definitely not mine. I prefer equal and balanced play between ALL roles for they were created for a reason. Each has a part to play and a reason for being created. Whether it be an alert, raid, or simply an outdoor event.

However, the developers are giving rein to an upheaval which will cost the game dearly. It will completely and irrevocably alter not only the mechanics but the social aspects as well of DCUO. This game is sadly losing popularity and will continue it's unfortunate decline if it follows this current path.

MMORPG's are more than scoreboards for damages roles.
    • Like x 2
  7. Shandirra1006 Active Player

So speaketh a glass cannon.
    • Like x 2
  8. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

So, basically, all that work I did getting Skill Points to fill in my Skill Trees to get Weapons Mastery in each weapons, all the grinding I did to GET the higher damage weapons so I can link them via WM, all the grinding I did to GET the better gear to get my CR up to comparable players' levels so I can not only hold my own but at least CONTRIBUTE to the mission & **** those PITA hackers that ruin the mission with their "I-Am-So-Much-Better-Than-You-Because-I-Hacked-This-Game" BS attitude.......was for nothing?

*sigh* Thanks for putting my $15 a month to good use.
    • Like x 1
  9. piohh Well-Known Player

There are some other games, if this will released on public the servers are empty after 1 month. GL DCUO
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

will this be laid out for people soon?
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I agree, I recall them saying they were going to make it were it gets harder if you run with less support unless you were in the 1% aka the ubber elite players basically. But from sounds of what you're saying they aren't they are making it even easier for the casual-est of casual can do 4 DPS 0 support with ease.
    • Like x 1
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online
  13. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

The increase in roleless buffs is not an increase from where it is on LIVE. It's an increase from where it was on TEST, which was reduced from where it is on LIVE back at the beginning of the stats revamp. So it its actually now somewhere in between. It's buffed higher than it was on Test previously, but it is still lower than it is one LIVE currently.

Mepps discussed this in another thread, but I'm too lazy to link to it, so, believe me, or don't believe me, it's whatever...
    • Like x 4
  14. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Holy cow! I haven't wanted to put any more money into this game for a while,. but this goes a long way toward making me want to come back <3
    • Like x 1
  15. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Because I know you've missed me ;)
  16. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

People are always gonna push the limits. Remember DeathMike? If you want to run some easy alert with a 198 tank, troll, and heal that's fine, but some people just aren't into it.
  17. recoil Committed Player

let's be honest here no stats revamp or anything else is going to cure the plague of inexperienced dps only players. ever ask why they dps? ever thought of it? well here's an answer and it's quite profound........all those 3rd and 4th dps' can't really perform their natural roles THEY picked. don't y'all think if they could support they would?
    • Like x 1
  18. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Could also be because they only have one armory. I always thought that two would make more sense but I think that's just me. Also I don't think that it's because they can't but more because they just like being able to burn and fight.

I actually started T1 as a healer when I picked my first healer power a few years ago. I'm currently healing with electricity and anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely dread healing, especially with electricity. I guess what I'm trying to say is that support roles are pretty easy really. I'd say the most confusing one at first is trolling and healing is probably the most straightforward.
    • Like x 2
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I think roleless buffs should be nerfed, not buffed. You want to encourage support, not push it away.
    • Like x 2
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

I asked about this. Mepps answered. The roleless buff was increased from the 1 on the test build, not the one thats on live. Hope that makes sense. Btw i urge people to go test older content. Mainly t2, t3, and t4 raids. I know what i saw on test last night. Thats why i say i urge people to go run that content at level and see what happens ;) Or try to solo it at end game cr.
    • Like x 2