Stat Revamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mahlania, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They're on the fence about lowering power costs but need further feedback on how everything feels at the moment (you didn't hear any of this from me). So the answer to your question could change.
    • Like x 3
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

So why exactly is there a pftt play style if people need to pick specific powers to do it? I swear some of the reasoning on these forums lately is....there just isnt words for it. And some powers like ice are great for all 3? I thought the goal was to have 3 play styles that were balanced so people could choose and be competitive? Remember that?
    • Like x 9
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

This^ is spot on. And i wonder how its gonna go over with todays players who have never had to manage power while playing dcuo? I think saying in for a shock is big understatement :p Imo all of it is too drastic a change with the playerbase we have today. If the game was mostly players from before gu47 id say there would be a smooth transition. But we all know that isnt the case ;)

I expect these forums to be on fire right after it goes live and i expect to see a lot of kicking going on ingame. I hope that doesnt happen, but its my expectation. Doesnt mean it will come true tho. Maybe everyone will adapt quickly. Gotta wait and see.
    • Like x 1
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

For once we are on the same page the folks that cant keep their power.. well lets just say its gonna be a fun thing to watch i am getting the popcorn ready ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Oh it will happen. There's gonna be a mass riot on the forums, a lot of people will be confused, quit, can't adjust, etc. There's going to be a population drop off. All of that WILL happen and I think the devs know it.

What matters though, is the players that come back for the revamp, and the new players it brings in, will it hold their attention better then the AM's ever could? If that's the case then this revamp will be much better for the games longevity. Take a few lives to save millions.
    • Like x 10
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I disagree. Honestly the concept of AM was... decent... but the execution was terrible and I'm glad they realized this and are trying to revamp the game. Pre GU36 was great for me.

1. AMs give no variety.
    2. Most agree that it's boring for most powers.
    3. They didn't even fix electricity or nature.
    4. Powers are unbalanced.

So I have to disagree with the OP. But I agree with the second paragraph.
    • Like x 2
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This^.

I think that this will hold the attention of players a lot better. I mean there are still players using the powers they love regardless of the AM and they get frustrated when they're kicked for lacking in damage. This is why I think the execution of AMs was just terrible. I mean really the leveling of 1-30 and then T1 almost really determines whether a player will stay or not IMO. So during that time they use their ideal loadout for their powerset and all of a sudden they can't do half decent damage with it. Now they probably have to use a loadout that they don't even care for. What's even worse is that they made AMs that work only with specific trees and that almost made me quit completely.

Quantum was the first power to receive an AM. It was also the power that made me decide to sub to the game. Space was by far my favorite tree and out of nowhere they made it where I can't even do decent damage unless I use the time tree.
    • Like x 1
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

THIS^^^^ Couldn't have said it better.

Honestly I was really hoping that all powers would do well regardless of whether they use hybrid or pftt. I'm aware that this was hard to do for combo powers like celestial ( :( ) but I actually expected that all powers could at least be balanced as pftt.
    • Like x 2
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

People glad AMs are gone but we still have pfft, which exactly what AM ate with out the power back mechanic.We have what u36 was suppose to be. Weapon clips, AM, and weapon mastery hitting the same, but we have U36 all over again it seem. WM is the dominant way to dps and the other 2 isn't
  10. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

It is what it is, i´m not gonna come here to lie with a straight face. There are options, sure you can go with any powerset and make a loadout that "should" work with any "playstyle" but some are more suited than others, thats the truth.

The way i see it, what has been done with the revamp is still better than what we have on live already, we have more options, we are not limited as we are now on live. So at this time of the race i really don´t care if people like you are dissapointed because is not what you wanted.
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It's going tgo push the hybrid style of dps to the front. Most dps will be using the power efficient and most hardest hitting hybrid dps. The "skill" and "risk" argument is used, but hybrid melee will be the only way players dps. This revamp look nothing like the announcement.
    • Like x 2
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The villain side can't take any losses. A small drop off will be terrible for villains. What the devs first announced WM and AM losing damage buffs and damage getting toned down, that had old players ready to come back, i haven't seen any excitement about the revamp since the plans changed
    • Like x 2
  13. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

You know as well as I do that unless DCUO removes Marks Relevancy nothing is going to change. Players are going to leave because to do not want to grind end game every day, day in & day out.
    • Like x 2
  14. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

If you can PffT with a power then you can hybrid or weapons only with a power. That's my take on it.
    You can do more than some are saying. You just need to take a good look and do some experimentation. I tested all the powers & I could PffT with them all with 80-100 SP at 116 CR.

The deal is......... some players keep trying to spam the highest power cost power and want to say they cannot PffT or Hybrid. :confused: Those same players will be the ones that blame the controllers for their bad power management.
    • Like x 2
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

A lot of IFs there tho. I think many people would agree there will be players who leave. The amount of players who leave vs ones who comes back is a big unknown. And imo that is the biggest issue. If it goes great then i think the game gets much better and lasts longer then it would have before this change. But if it goes badly? Well ill say it again, i know a ton of players who are making their decision to stay playing dcuo or leave based on this revamp.

Interestingly enough i ran JFA just about an hour ago with a league i wont name but a few of em post on these forums. Couldnt stop dpsing to take down the shield on the 1st boss, wiped at 2nd boss, and when savage jumped he killed 4 people at once. And the top dps on the scorecard stood in the middle of all of em and didnt revive a single person :confused: And these are people who i see asking for more challenging content o_O

I agree things need to change fatal, u know that. But imo the changes are too drastic for the player base the game has today. I really believe that. Because if too many people cant adjust or leave because of it i dont think dcuo has the population to survive that again. Now im just speculating. Ideally id love to see it all go well and people adjust quickly. But i have serious doubts about that happening. And i wonder about the people who think the pug community is going to adjust to this quickly, i wonder if they ever pug or how often they actually play the game. Cause i play daily and since AF3 ive pugged more then ever and my own eyes arent lying to me. Like i said, all we can do is wait and see.
    • Like x 4
  16. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

That is why I test & play incognito.
    I'm nowhere near perfect but I have seen my fair share of WTHeck moments and thought to myself.... these guys are are suppose to be so called experts. LOL

I have played with most of the people on these forums and they don't even know it.;)
    • Like x 1
  17. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Well, personally I do recall PC side before vs after the 123yawn, and that was when population took a hit, the leagues I was in went dormant bacuse it changed from fast paced to stand still and press stuff. I keep in touch with some of them and they will come back to check the revamp, now, I know this is a small sample like to make any accurate forecast but it is the number 1 reason for quitting I saw back then (skill points playing second fiddle to CR was a close second tho).

Also, it is my belief that pre-AM-uphill-in-the-snow players were more in love with the game than this new generation *shakes fist like an angry old person* it is when players would teach each other, make more guides, there was a lot more of league cohesion, etc. you had to "train" your power and earn your place on that league raid night which kind of gave a sense of "who" to each player.

Nowadays you still see guiding and etc. but a lot of them are from players that got hooked to DCUO from the start, you see less league cohesion because all players are interchangeable, all it takes is a respec token.

TLDR: In my unsolicited opinion, this is a good move, it will bring loyal players back because they are bringing back an actual game. (Take DDO as an example, going over 10 years old and still decently populated!! -though it will be sold to Daybreak soon...scary D: )
    • Like x 2
  18. Babazoz New Player

How exactly will these players come back? Some kind of advertising that says, "Hey, we nerfed everyone so come back and give us your money?" The reality is that the players who left have moved on to other things, and likely won't leave whatever they're doing. As for new players that this will "bring in," do you really think the promise of a weakened gameplay experience will have them crashing the servers due to massive amounts of new registration? I'd like to hear how you believe either thing will happen, because from what I've seen thus far from lurking these forums, the old/new player narrative seems to be a bunch of wishful speculation.
    • Like x 4
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The great thing about the revamp: total customization of character. I think people as a whole will like this.

Middle things: power management. People who come from other MMO's will kind of understand this concept already, so it won't be game breaking. Casual DCUO gamers might be upset. The good thing is that power regen in solo, open world and duo content seems to be a bit higher, so that kind of cushions things.

The bad, at least in my opinion: SP now matters a ton. This means that over half of the population is going to suddenly have problems getting into end game content. The devs think people will rush to run older content to build up their SP, lol. Yep. Rude awakening coming. It's also a big problem for someone like myself who loves playing tons of alts. My 150 RBs each month only buy me 15 sp on 1 alt. Yeah. Not happy about that.
  20. Harlequin Devoted Player

Their supposition is also based on the belief that the population has suffered solely due to AMs and/or other combat changes while ignoring the other things that have happened over the past couple of years. The game has steadily become more and more expensive if you're a completionist. It started with replays then armories, the teleporter, TRKs, the materials, booster bundles, and now time capsules. The business model changes have done as much damage (or more) to the game as any combat system changes and nothing is changing on that front.
    • Like x 1