What are your thoughts on the upcoming GU 73?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Winter Sabel, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I like it, I personally think a whole lot of the AM folks are gonna come raging over here though.
    • Like x 2
  2. Isif Committed Player

I like that it may feel a little fresh or challenging again. The population may dip a bit, until the Yootoob guys define the "ideal" loadouts for the unadventurous. Then it will be business as usual. I imagine the QQ threads will be out of control the first week. As someone stated above, we'll see.
    • Like x 2
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I'm excited. It will be interesting to see everyone's reactions though.
    • Like x 1
  4. SasquaT Dedicated Player

1. Is this revamp gona make power balance ? ( have no clue so far )
    2. If you choose one of 3 styles of fight is gona be same good as other style ? ( in my opinion no )
    Well if you choose to using only super power you can make the best ( optimal ) play style which means everyone will use it .Thats what i notice .

Do i like it ?
    I dont like what we got now on live server so we will c but if we will have power balance becouse of this revamp i might love it .
    + 1st few days might be fun to learn everything from 0 to hero .
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

You can't have the "good ol day level" returned, when the "good ol day" mechanics no longer exists.
    • Like x 5
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

On paper, there are some thing that i like and others that i hate. But the final resolution will be once it hits live. We´ll see.
    • Like x 2
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm on the fence. mostly terrified.

wall of text.

i hate the "AM's". since their introduction i've stopped dps'ing on my ice, fire, quantum and nature toons. i also put two baby alts (one electric and one celestial) on the backburner (for over two years now).

the exception to this is mental.

even without resorting to the bugs and exploits that many mental dps fall back on it hits hard and its am is pretty much my dream rotation. I'm going to hate losing that. We'll see if gaining dps on all my alts > losing out on a hard hitting awesome mechanic.

there is precious little to go on. as someone who cant play on the test server all i have is what im told and what i read...most of which has been negative. i will say the tide on this has turned some (no seasonal pun intended) with the last batch of testing. i've been getting more positive feedback than negative the past month or so...but still not much.

there are also no notes on mental posted along with everything else. this worries me lots. if the devs cant even remember to post changes made to the powerset are they overlooking other things too?

I've also been so focused on mental dps and controlling i havent even paid attention changes made to my second favorite thing to do in game which is nature heal. i havent liked what ive read on healing in general and if it gets broken its going to kill a lot for me.

if things go well, if i'm happy with what i see i told myself i would spurge and unlock skill points on my top alts to bring them up to my main.

if things go poorly, if things mimic what mental was like during the year it was broken i dont know.

i want things to succeed...
    • Like x 2
  8. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

The old mechanics were the old mechanics, dont let nostalgia make you believe they were perfect. They were far from it. Thats why I stated it would be the good ol days + well needed improvements, and stated that this is the direction to go as opposed to AMs and WM. Nobodies stating this is the final gameplay update, the devs specifically stated multiple times its a prelude to future changes and updates coming down the line, but it sure as hell reminds me of the great game I downloaded years ago compared to this Easy Mode we've put up with.
    • Like x 3
  9. Harlequin Devoted Player

My sig gif pretty much sums up my thoughts on this game as a whole, including the revamp. They have the best of intentions but implementation leaves a lot to be desired.
    • Like x 3
  10. inferno Loyal Player

I am concerned about the new state of older content against top cr players.
    • Like x 5
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I'm worried about content difficulty, but looking forward to having my own loadout and actually using my weapon, so that my characters can finally play the way I envisioned for them when I first loaded the character creator.
    • Like x 1
  12. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Im excited to get my hands on it. I just hope they listen and make changes once it makes it to live where MOST will finally get their hands on it.

I dont think everything went according to plan. CC Effects, weapon only, designing powers to be PFFT or Hybrid.
    • Like x 1
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Theres good things and bad things. Only time will tell.
    • Like x 1
  14. Surtur Well-Known Player

You know as well as I and many others. When it comes to implementation DCUO can take a great idea and turn it into a big ole turd.
    • Like x 2
  15. Surtur Well-Known Player

I will say that since there are new people in charge that I think issues will be fixed and not swept under the rug like they were when :rolleyes: Mr Milkman ( the name that shall not be spoken ) :rolleyes: was here.
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

After play for more or less two hours here is my thought...

- Defintely, the challenge comes back: You will struggle in every instance and some of them will be very difficult to complete and probably impossible to complete the elite versions.

- Support roles will be very important now and the 5-1-1-1 formation is dead.

- But sadly we still have issues with powers regeneration even with 2 controllers. Devs need to pay more attention on that.
    • Like x 1
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Thats interesting....i think they just dont want people spamming powers. After that guys made that loadout thag "broke" the revamp.

Everyone knows you need power. So if they make it somewhat scarce we'll have stay with more formulaic team builds.
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

will suck for me, they remove the Blue Flame from Fire... and for what ? they using the same animation for multiple abilities while ignoring the blue flame sfx... telling them since update 1.0 did nothing, thats how they listen ...

in general will be excited to enjoy the rage in chat :p before will have to use a respec token.
    • Like x 1
  19. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

The power issues would be the player that's having power issues. They will need to look at there stat point allocations closer and understand stats & power consumption better.

We will still get players that think they should be able to spam 300-400 powers nonstop......
    but many others & I will let them starve. The day of the DiPS nonstop button mashing while team members lay at their feet will hopefully soon be over. Hopefully.......:p
  20. KratTheDefiler Well-Known Player

This will be the make or break moment for the game. If a significant portion of the people that are left leave like many did after the rewards change back in the day I can't see how the game recovers. Unfortunately I don't think they have the benefit of letting a non-fully formed and functioning update sit to allow people to digest it should they not like it initially. This will be interesting to say the least.
    • Like x 2