GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The problem with not letting people solo lower raids is that not many people run them. We basically need high cr's to get people through them. Lower content was a graveyard of long queue times and failed runs between GU47-GU51, when cr differential wasn't working and we actually had the situation you're describing. I don't disagree with what you're saying in principle, but I don't think you're properly considering the wider consequences of what you're proposing.
    • Like x 3
  2. Cds2005 New Player

When I played, and tried to solo, Sunstone Matrix, a tier 3 raid at cr 166, i was ko'd from the first wave of adds within a few seconds. I do not know if its intened to not be able to Solo older raids any more, but from my attempt its not. I did not feel any stronger being douple the adds of the npc. I wasn'r trying to see if I could get a feat, i was just trying to complete it. I didnt even get close.
  3. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

haha i'v been say this all along about the content. sun stone and bounties being one shouted and killed at cr 201 i even posted about it and had been telling players to get ready and adjust..
    anyways i'm happy stat revamp is about to be released :D
  4. Duck X Active Player

People will run it if they cant solo it or get carried so your point isnt really that good. Also you have things such as leagues and friends to help you run them. If you can solo eveeything then there will never b teamwork again. I get pretty tired of going in pug groups on live with people my cr and carry the whole group because they cant play even with AMs because there isnt any need to try to get better.
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

That is not a balance issue. It is a content design issue. The fact that tons of content in this game favors ranged over melee is not a valid reason to bake in a massive damage buff for melee.
  6. Harlequin Devoted Player

Because it's FUN.
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You clearly didn't read my comment properly. I already told you why that won't happen. It didn't happen before and won't happen again.
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I thought a lot of the one shots were taking out, so I Don't understand the risk comment. "Risk" and "skill" are the 2 main reasons power are out of balance now and players are still using it to make 1 dps superior class to others
    • Like x 1
  9. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

Healing in PvP is waaaaaaaaay too weak. CCs and Stuns are waaaaaaaaay too strong in PvP. I like what's been done to shields though.
    • Like x 1
  10. Harlequin Devoted Player

I posted questions and comments about this issue earlier in the testing phases and got no comments from the devs as to their intent. Their silence basically convinced me that they are fine with it. That's about when I quit bothering with testing. If balance means one style or specialization is designed to do more damage no matter what, I saw no point in providing feedback any longer.

That being said, I'm updating test right now to give this version a whirl. The "can't solo old raids" thing piqued my interest as that is one of my favorite pastimes in WoW. Before they instituted their version of the stats revamp in MoP, soloing old raids required a mastery of your toon and the mechanics of the encounters. If you managed to solo heroic Lich King in Cataclysm, that was an achievement. Maybe some of that fun can be found in DCUO again.

I'm going to test it for myself before I cry DOOOOOOOOOOM! I can't see myself playing this game seriously ever again due to the horrific business model but if I can find fun to be had, I might come back if only for that.

PS: WALK-INS FOR ALL INSTANCES PLEASE!
    • Like x 1
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    for the critical weapon buff head mod, it is stated that it grants you 2% more chance to crit.
    will it also give might attacks more chance to crit, or is it going to be only weapon attacks?
    • Like x 1
  12. SarahCarrygun Well-Known Player

Is stats revamp coming to live server this month or no? I need to know because by today i thought it will come at November so I wanted to switch power to celestial and replace my might modes with prec, but if revamp will come too soon it will be wasting...
  13. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Then you use it for beating content relevant to your cr. Simple as that.
  14. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

It seems no PvP questions will be answered so I'll just make a separate thread or wait until the next ask DCUO.

So about the stat curve. It's become noticeably harder to run content than it is now.

Now on the topic of powers I think that they have been fine tuned pretty well and IMO is far better than whatever is on live. I feel that the game will be more fun to play and keep new players too. Looking forward to the revamp but I'm a little nervous as to how the players will react to this stat curve.
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

Wow. Just wow.

The game is extremely small using that criteria and definitely not worth paying a subscription for.
    • Like x 3
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

When you say harder now, what are you comparing to - earlier versions of the stats revamp on test (which one?) or live? Thanks.
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Comparing it to live. It's just cause right now at endgame soloing FoS 3 is a cakewalk, anyone can stomp it. This is a huge difference though. I'm not sure if maybe I just need one partner or something.
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

No.

If you are CR 201 you would be able to beat solo every T3 content because your stats are higher than a players which is CR 80.

CR 201 vs CR 80. CR 201 should always wins by logic because your stats are higher.
  19. Harlequin Devoted Player

With a flatter stat curve, this will not be possible without some sort of buff being applied to toons based on CR. When WoW had their "stat squish" before Mists, they had the same problem. Now, players get a huge buff in content that is two expansions behind them to compensate. DCUO could use a similar system.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So...Cr differential?
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.