GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just went and tried FOS 3 and prime, there's definitely a discrepancy considering I was able to successfully complete prime and struggled to even get past the second wave of adds in fos 3. This was as a 201 cele PFtT dps.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say FOS needs to be toned down a bit.
    • Like x 8
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks for testing it :)

so it's possibly instance or possibly tier specific - so possibly tier 2 needs looking at as well.

I'm going to go retest.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There's a tremendous difference between being able to go back and get hard feats easier after you are overgeared, and between going back and getting hard feats very easily solo. This is getting a bit silly. You've expressed your opinion. Please let others express theirs.
    • Like x 4
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Are you saying, after playing on test today, you don't feel like you are becoming stronger as you level? Or is this speculation? Thanks.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Alright, this thread has gone completely off topic! Couple of notes:
    • This thread is about feedback while testing the stats revamp - your own personal feedback.
    • This thread is not about speculation on the behalf of others, or wild-speculation about numbers you are not on the test server trying out.
    • This thread is not about your perception of the quality of players in the DCUO community.
    • This thread is not about whether the exponential stat curve in the game is a curve or a line.
    • This thread is not about stat clamping or optional stat clamping.
    In regards to mark relevancy, there are no considerations about its removal and such a concept is not part of the stats revamp. Further discussion of that topic should be done in a different, non-testing-discussion thread.

In regard to soloing raids, that's not something appropriate to this thread either. Please make a separate thread to discuss your desires and expectations to solo raid content.

Also, extreme hyperbole is going to be treated as trolling in this thread so we can get back on the topic of actually providing feedback on this version of the game. Feedback is feedback, and thanks, but claiming things like you can't tell the difference between tiers 2 and 8 IS simply ridiculous and looks a lot like just trying to spark panic in others. If you're going to make extreme claims like that, they should be backed up with data and specific examples, and they belong as bug reports in tier-specific threads.

Please abide by this direction so we can continue to have the broad, meaningful discussions we need to have before this update launches. Thanks again for testing.
    • Like x 9
  6. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

Respectfully, I think you missed Proxy's point. In the part that you quoted he was expanding on his feedback to show the far reaching effects this will have on many things including the feats going forward. I think a lot of other people who are diagreeing with Proxy have not even tried this out on test yet. The people that have gone onto test have changed their point of view to agree with us. Case in point is Fatal Star.

I'm not speculating, I am saying that on the test server, there is very little difference in how I feel in older raids a few tiers back versus new T8 raids. In a pug group I can see myself struggling just as much. I think others are the ones speculating. I tell you what. I'm willing to try getting a group of my league mates to run raids at several tiers starting at Tier8 and then jumping back to Tier2 and climbing back up. Would combat logs be an acceptable form of data to you? I want to know exactly what feedback you are going to accept so I can provide exactly that info to show our viewpoint.
    • Like x 6
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Please do, it would be a tremendous help! :) Oh, and record everything. They love videos.
    • Like x 2
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

We had no balance pass for dps potentials of powers ... there was no extra boss dummy with CC etc wich was promised for the balance pass ...no standard testing methode similar to a Tunso testing... i doubt the stats revamp will contribute to a more balance feeling of play between powers.
    • Like x 1
  9. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I'm going to try to help test here but I need to know: Is part of the objective for this revamp to help prevent face rolling?
    From what I see, the amount of hp you loss was fine unless you were overpowered for that mission.

Note: As far as I know, Daybreak has not been able to create an option to draw similar CR (stats) players to join together within a queue.
  10. Duck X Active Player

^^^^^^^
  11. Duck X Active Player

I dont really think people should be crying about not being able to solo 8 player content. Its a 8 player for a reason. And complaining about not being able to solo 8 man seems silly to me. This game should b about team work and game mechanics. All raids should resemble khandaq to be honest. No one till this day can solo khandaq even as 203cr xD. Thats how all raids should be lol
    • Like x 6
  12. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Ok, the direction this thread has been centered too heavily centered around the mindset of archetypal endgame player with old content.

Mr. Awesome said it well. I'll add that at least players on these forums do it to get their feats done (chores). These missions should be done for enjoyment which new player should be experiencing. This should be the primary reason why you do "old" content (which is actually new for a newcomer).
    • Like x 1
  13. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

If anything will change the learning curve of this game it should be this Stats Revamp.
  14. Duck X Active Player

I just dont think new players should be able to get carried by high level players so easy because those players end up getting to the highest tier and dont have a single idea of how to play their role because they got carried by the guys that went back to the lower tier content to get style feat or bonus mark of victory. New players leveling up should have to put in some work for a raid to be successful. This would give them abit more experience for when they reach the highest tier. When I was a new player the game was pretty challenging and the challenge of trying to getting through content like arkham asylum, strikers, coast city, and raids like khandaq, all batcaves and fos, and prime only made me try to get better at the game, not quit.
    • Like x 2
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Will that then extend Marks of Relevancy to lower tiers? Never Mind. I see that that is not going to be addressed.
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

This

And this
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Preach.
  18. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Hey Avair,
    I feel like gameplay is still heavily restricted by power cost, cooldowns and general strength of abilities. This goes for dpsing and support roles. Healer role seem to be the least desire able role atm, some people would like stronger heals other would prefer to be able to spam more.

Best way to please all would be add additional bonuses to each Playstyle Focuse leading to further customized play styles.

• Hybrid Focus (Classic): Add 2% Might, Resto, Vita and Health bonuses. Leading to stronger ability effects.
    • Superpowered Focus: Add 10% cooldown and power cost reductions. This is something Channeled and Combo abilities really need while this kind of bonus wont effect Hybrid play style as much.
    • Weapons Expert: Bring back some moderate Weapon Mastery's damage and power cost reducing bonus to stimulate people to try and use cross weapon combos instead of weapon clipping.
  19. L T Devoted Player

No, I don't think that's the idea. I suspect that those instances aren't balanced properly for at-tier players.
    • Like x 1
  20. L T Devoted Player

It's not trolling to point out that content isn't balanced properly. But there are literally threads for every tier of content. The individual threads get created to organize testing responses to make real issues easier to track. The development team is obviously paying attention to those threads. Isn't the point here to get things adjusted and fixed?
    Because, again, I don't think clamping was an intent here.

Perhaps I shouldn't have used "are you trolling?". Perhaps I should have just said "are you just posting inflammatory statements to derail the conversation here?".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.